eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

1165Cheryl

Check this out...I asked them if their camera was off or what and they wrote back saying Mac made different shades of this since it was released a few times and the picture in the listing is the real color. I even gave them an out when asked if it was their camera since Entremauve is a dark purple and they still said the picture in the listing was accurate and is what the winner will get. I've never bought from them before, if so it was a few years back but I know they have been around for a long time.

I'm actually a little surprised since I've never heard anything good or bad about them.

MAC PIGMENT EYESHADOW ~ENTREMAUVE~ BRAND NEW IN BOX - eBay (item 290290846410 end time Feb-19-09 22:53:10 PST)

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
sheazee0 - Philadelphia, PA, United States

Fake brush set

Your doing what I do too. I go on EBAY and do search's and report the fakes I see to ebay. This is great what your doing, then others here can report them too since it takes many complaints to get these fake sellers off ebay. It's hard getting them kicked off when we report them but arent buyers but if many complain then it works
thmbup.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Check this out...I asked them if their camera was off or what and they wrote back saying Mac made different shades of this since it was released a few times and the picture in the listing is the real color. I even gave them an out when asked if it was their camera since Entremauve is a dark purple and they still said the picture in the listing was accurate and is what the winner will get. I've never bought from them before, if so it was a few years back but I know they have been around for a long time.

I'm actually a little surprised since I've never heard anything good or bad about them.

MAC PIGMENT EYESHADOW ~ENTREMAUVE~ BRAND NEW IN BOX - eBay (item 290290846410 end time Feb-19-09 22:53:10 PST)

Absolutely impossible to tell from the photograph because of the angle it was taken from, but you must not use colour in photographs as an indicator of authenticity. See the sticky http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/d...terfeit-56860/

The colour may look perfect on their monitor but have you done a proper Pantone or Adobe colour calibration on your monitor and video card? What colour temperature do you run your monitor at?

I stuck that thread for a reason
winks.gif
Colour in photos is completely unreliable.

OK, you can't use the photographs and you can't use the colours. What can you use?

The seller has absolutely excellent and apparently genuine feedback. Look at their other listings. None of the M·A·C products shown appear to be anything other than genuine. Would I trust the listing you have linked to to be real? Yes, I'd be happy to buy it.

panda0410

I am glad you would Sarah becasue I wouldnt.... Besides the fact that Cheryl is abolutely right, Entremauve is PURPLE - dark purple and I dont see the box colour (black) being distorted to a very light colour myself. After all, it stands to reason that if the pigment which is in fact a deep dark purple can be distorted to such a very pale colour then wouldnt the box also be? Entremauve is a dark purple, and is almost a matte in addition to that so its HIGHLY unlikely any frost component would have such an impact on the overall colour.

Further to that the sellers comments alone are also incorrect - Entremauve was never released more than once....

I dont know the seller, have never bought anything from them, dont argue their impeccable feedback, but no way in hell would I pay for this item.

Edit - I also wanted to add that this looks very much like the fake "Mauvement" copies see floating about with other sellers...

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I am glad you would Sarah becasue I wouldnt.... Besides the fact that Cheryl is abolutely right, Entremauve is PURPLE - dark purple and I dont see the box colour (black) being distorted to a very light colour myself. After all, it stands to reason that if the pigment which is in fact a deep dark purple can be distorted to such a very pale colour then wouldnt the box also be? Entremauve is a deep dark black, and is almost a matte in addition to that so its HIGHLY unlikely any frost component would have such an impact on the overall colour.

Further to that the sellers comments alone are also incorrect - Entremauve was never released more than once....

I dont know the seller, have never bought anything from them, dont argue their impeccable feedback, but no way in hell would I pay for this item.

Look at the photos in my thread. You cannot use colours as an indicator of authenticity. Look how different some colours look - and ALL my pictures were taken with the same camera - just different everyday lighting and different camera white balance settings.

If entremauve contains Titanium Dioxide as an ingredient (some pigments do) that can reflect back white far more strongly under flash than would be expected,

My very strongest advice to anyone would be that if in doubt, don't buy.

panda0410

I have seen them and I still disagree, sorry. And it still doesnt account for the seller offering incorrect advice about the releases for Entremauve - like I said, it has never been released more than once, so it cant have been reformulated or changed in way currently.

caffn8me

Well, it's a moot point as we cannot see what the pigment actually looks like, nor is there anything within the photo that gives a known color reference. You have a black box and an unknown background colour. Once again, I reiterate that you cannot use colour in photographs as a reliable indicator whether something is genuine or counterfeit.

panda0410

And this proves what exactly?? There are plenty of people who buy pigments and have no idea whether its real or not.

I will reiterate my point - the seller is WRONG about the release of Entremauve pigment. There is NO WAY it could be a different colour/s then previous batches because it has NEVER been released more than once. And the feedback cant argue that either, sorry.

panda0410

Of course I have. But I am not the one selling the item am I?

If people are going to sell, then they need to have product knowledge. The information this seller has offered in wrong, and since they guarantee everything to be AUTHENTIC then they should know EXACTLY what they are selling.

caffn8me

Well, if they are a reputable seller (which they seem to be) and guarantee everything is authentic then there's nothing to worry about is there? If a purchaser discovers the product is fake, they just invoke the seller's guarantee and get a full refund. They have never had a single negative feedback in 2400+ transactions. Do you think they'd want to risk that? They'd refund the money. Problem solved.

Genuine sellers can be and sometimes are misled by their suppliers and make mistakes in all honesty.

panda0410

LOL, true. We have argured FOR sellers here who have been duped by their sellers - argued at length in fact on their behalf, perhaps you havent read those posts.

But I would personally worry if the seller gave me false information about a particular item that was currently being scrutinised as potentially unauthentic - wouldnt you?

And no - not all sellers with good feeback refund... case enpoint on these forums in fact. You might want to filter back through them if you have some free time.

Your PM box is full BTW
smiles.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl

Wow the colour looks really odd. I still cuddle Entremauve every day because it is such a beautiful dark purple and this here looks nothing like it.

The color of Violet, Sweet Sienna and Circa Plum look way to bright too. It must have been a terrible lighting then which of course can happen. But so bad?
hmm.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
little_miss_makeup - Mansewood, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Fake brush case and eye liners

Sarah well done !
th_DANCE.gif
Ebay should be paying you a wage
yes.gif

I have been trawling eBay last night too but finally gave up ..sleep took over ,but just wanted to say that the above seller was previously using a different eBay ID,selling same fake crap,same location,photo, even same spelling error on the listing!! I reported her ages ago ,her eBay account was cancelled( she did have some negs for selling fakes) but she has resurfaced again !
angry.gif

On this new eBay ID ,all her MAC sold items are "This listing (270333080878) has been removed or is no longer available" that was as of 28.01.09
In my opinion eBay makes far too easy for these fraudsters to obtain new accounts !

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
gbagameing - Eastbourne, UK.

Fake shadows

Reported
yes.gif
he has few negs for selling these fake MAC eyeshadows ...it puzzles me as from the photos I can see the weird shape of the boxes of these eyeshadows !No too mention that I did email them 3 times from my non buying/selling eBay ID ,about the shades of these fakes...no reply
th_confused_new.gif
I wonder why...

Status
Not open for further replies.