eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaItalia1969

while we ae on the subject of fake MAC,please add this UK seller to your list
s.gif
taffandlass fake MAC eyeshadows and Pro Lash waterproof mascara
angry.gif

since when MAC manufactured Pro Lash waterproof...
ssad.gif
this person sold lots of these !!
baninderkaur
fake MAC 12 eyeshadow palette with FREE fake MAC eyeliner pencil!

Moxy

I can only bow to Sarah for her detective Ebay counterfeit MAC seeking service.

Well done. We need more people like you!

zenmasterkitty

i wouldn't count on the job offer. i'd just get a job. i have written ebay at least FIFTY times about fake BURBERRY (a pet peeve) and they really don't care. listing goes on. HOWEVER, if I want to sell my legitimate BURBERRY purchased from the STORE with tags, I am limited to FIVE per month. Yet "Burberry's" nonsense is rampant. BURBERRY has no association whatever with "Burberry's"

zenmasterkitty

i am new. please enlighten me. how do you know for sure that these items are fake? especially the brushes. i see on ebay that many of the retailers use the photos from MAC website including their models and word for word descriptions. How can you tell?
I live in a small town without much shopping, so I buy a lot online, but I will not buy premium goods (expensive makeup or brushes, designer clothing) on ebay.

Several years ago I got burned buying an expensive "Fendi" bag on ebay.

I tried again this summer and bought a "lot" of Lancome mascaras. They looked great, but when I opened them, they smelled like paint and the wands were all bent. How would you ever know without going through the experience?

What about "testers" and factory seconds? There is an outlet mall not terribly far from here and I LOVE to get some deals on things considered 2nds. However, I am typically unable to find the flaw. How can you tell it's a problem?

Thank you for your assistance.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmasterkitty
i am new. please enlighten me. how do you know for sure that these items are fake? especially the brushes. i see on ebay that many of the retailers use the photos from MAC website including their models and word for word descriptions. How can you tell?

That alone is a lot of times enough.

If they use stock photos it's fishy enough for me not to look any further.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Absolutely impossible to tell from the photograph because of the angle it was taken from, but you must not use colour in photographs as an indicator of authenticity. See the sticky http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/d...terfeit-56860/

The colour may look perfect on their monitor but have you done a proper Pantone or Adobe colour calibration on your monitor and video card? What colour temperature do you run your monitor at?

I stuck that thread for a reason
winks.gif
Colour in photos is completely unreliable.

OK, you can't use the photographs and you can't use the colours. What can you use?

The seller has absolutely excellent and apparently genuine feedback. Look at their other listings. None of the M·A·C products shown appear to be anything other than genuine. Would I trust the listing you have linked to to be real? Yes, I'd be happy to buy it.

It wasnt the picture that made me wonder, it was her answer saying they made that color in a few different shades. I know how much a picture or computer screen can change things which is why I asked her. I know though entremauve color wasnt changed. I'll think I still have her responce, I'll check. Thats why I put it here cause it surprise me since she has great feedback and has been a long time seller. Thank you for your imput:thumbs: thats why I posted it to get others opinions
smiles.gif
What do you think about her answer about it being made in different shades?

CRAZZYJ77

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I have seen them and I still disagree, sorry. And it still doesnt account for the seller offering incorrect advice about the releases for Entremauve - like I said, it has never been released more than once, so it cant have been reformulated or changed in way currently.

Ok, This is absolutley Incorrect, I did not say infact that Mac released this more than once, I said "MAYBE" As in its possible that they did, get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect statements, I do have a very strong flash on my camera, as mentioned before you can not tell if a pigment is fake based on the picture alone, Have you a checked my feedback latley, For you to come on here a start posting on this thead and trying to ruin my reputation is Just not cool, I have sold thousands of Mac products in my 8 years on ebay with perfect feedback and I dont apprecatiate this what so ever, If I know in fact that the pigment is Fake I will be more than happy to pull the listing, Do you know how many emails I receive daily about fake mac and alot of them clearly dont know what in the hell there talking about, some of which I have purchased directly from mac. so if you thing I will base my decision 0n your comments alone, whether this is fake or not, well your wrong, Thankfully I have alot of loyal customers send me this thread and they are not very happy either, I would never intentionaly sell anything that was Fake, Like everyone on this thread I cant stand it when I see other sellers selling all kinds of fake Mac On Ebay, but you went through all 500+ listings and found 1 potentialy fake Mac and your actling like I am this big Fake Mac seller, I would hope that you find it withing your self to correct your incorrect facts in reguards to my quote, I have several good freinds who work at Mac and I will infact take this pigement to them at the Mac counter in the next day or so and see what they say, and if in fact it is a fake, like I said, I will be more than happy to pull the listing, you need to spend your time going after the real frauds on ebay not the ones who may have received 1 fake with in of their wholelsale lots by accident, check my other 500 listing of Mac and tell me what else you thing are Fake, I dont mind if you give me advise but to come on these sights and start posting lies trying to ruin my reputation is Just not cool, Jason
smiles.gif

zenmasterkitty

Quote:
I used to do this regularly and have reported many thousands of fake auctions to eBay. Who knows, someone may offer me a job one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZZYJ77
Ok, This is absolutley Incorrect, I did not say infact that Mac released this more than once, I said "MAYBE" As in its possible that they did, get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect statements, I do have a very strong flash on my camera, as mentioned before you can not tell if a pigment is fake based on the picture alone, Have you a checked my feedback latley, For you to come on here a start posting on this thead and trying to ruin my reputation is Just not cool, I have sold thousands of Mac products in my 8 years on ebay with perfect feedback and I dont apprecatiate this what so ever, If I know in fact that the pigment is Fake I will be more than happy to pull the listing, Do you know how many emails I receive daily about fake mac and alot of them clearly dont know what in the hell there talking about, some of which I have purchased directly from mac. so if you thing I will base my decision 0n your comments alone, whether this is fake or not, well your wrong, Thankfully I have alot of loyal customers send me this thread and they are not very happy either, I would never intentionaly sell anything that was fake, like I said, I will be more than happy to pull the listing, you need to spend your time going after the real frauds on ebay not the ones who may have received 1 fake with in of their wholelsale lots by accident, check my other 500 listing of Mac and tell me what else you thing are Fake, I dont mind if you give me advise but to come on these sights and start posting lies trying to ruin my reputation is Just not cool, Jason
smiles.gif

this is the thing i'm talking about. if someone is mislead by their wholesaler, and you post a bunch of negative stuff here, that could be fairly devastating to the ebayer who tries to do a legitimate business.

i think this is all throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

much ado about nothing. if you're so worried about getting the exact shade of pigment or whatever, do what i do, and buy from the source.

ebay is a huge business filled with attorneys and watchdogs of their own. unless and until the complaints come from the manufacturers under VERO, they don't care. they want to make money.

when a seller has a good reputation, no matter what they sell, if the people who buy it are not mislead and are happy with it, who cares?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
taffandlass was one of the fakers I posted about yesterday but it won't hurt for them to be reported again
greengrin.gif

Sarah,oops i must have somehow missed it ....must have been prolly half asleep will report it now
winks.gif

Now add him/her to the list too...

switcher125
Jeez these Lustreglass
th_LMAO.gif
rofl.gif

5e87_1.JPG

Fake MAC zoom lash (has 5 of these for sale ) and Mac set of brushes
th_sign_woot.gif

Seriously who is buying this crap !!!

1165Cheryl

I never mentioned the word fake, I asked about the item and put the link in for people to see for their opinion and even said I was surprised by the listing. I didnt even type in the sellers name. Many people come here asking questions before buying, thats very normal. If I thought it was a fake for sure I would have pasted the name of the seller like many do here and left it at that. If you see the original post you'll see thats not what happened. I do believe people need to be careful about hurting sellers and am glad to see that the questions are put into this exsisting thread instead of making a new thread listing the sellers name. That's happened to people where the question about them was the threads name and yes, it can hurt there reputation. Thats why I like to post things inside this one so people can read the whole story, just not see the title and make assumptions.

I've gotten a fake before and got duped but I didnt re-sell it acourse so like panda said some sellers have been duped and we fight for them. A good Ebay seller I've know for 5 years sold me a fake jar which she had no idea of. I let her know, she went through her stock and found 1-2 more. It does happen to honest sellers. Then another seller I had trusted for many years who has a pro card started selling fakes and knew it! I was shocked when I got a disc LE color from her and saw it wasnt real. Some sellers know it and dont care, some dont know it, and then others that really know their product throw them in the garbage & don't sell them. I get all of my non rares direct from MAC. If someone ask's me a question about a pigment I sell and I dont know the answer then I find it out for them. I mainly only sell pigments and glitters so that way I can learn everything I can about them, down to the marking on the inner lids, ect. I even keep notes on manufacturing errors I've seen on stock orders I've gotten in from MAC or small changes they made on one color but not another. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes, but if someone gave you a answer you knew was wrong wouldnt you wonder and ask?

I do have a copy of a email with responce to that question regarding the color. Someone mentioned there wasnt a color reference in the photo? I'm not sure if we are talking about the same one, this one did have the color name and batch#, there are 2 photos on that listing.

Back to work....I'm glad everyone wrote what they did. Good sellers need to stand up for themselves, buyers need to also and any questions anyone has or opinions should be voiced but all in a respective way. Sorry if there are any spelling errors, I can only type with 2 fingers but I try and double check before I post.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
That alone is a lot of times enough.

If they use stock photos it's fishy enough for me not to look any further.

Sad fact is that the sellers of counterfeited MAC,outnumber the sellers of the real McCoy!!
angry.gif

I once went trough the whole of the listings for MAC on eBay UK,and only about 10% was genuine MAC,rest was the usual counterfeited Crapola
th_LMAO.gif
There's only 2 sellers on eBay UK,that I would and have bought MAC from before and have recommended them to others ... Julie150463,is one of them!
th_DANCE.gif
So i rest my case

pop violet

Good posts. I do have to say that it's hard for eBay sellers to stick up for themselves if they aren't even aware there are posts about them. Thankfully I have some great customers that sent me a link to this forum. I had a customer bad-mouth me because she wasn't aware that Plushglasses had different handles and automatically thought they were fake. Some customers can be so rude and there are some that try to keep the product and try to do/say everything and anything to get you to refund them. Thank goodness PayPal has a decent dispute center that doesn't allow sellers to get taken advantage of in cases like these.

My eBay name has asterisks in it so I can't do a search on my name on here because I think it treats the * as a wildcard. I am *allura* on eBay and if anyone ever has a question about my products, you are more than welcome to ask. I can't stress enough that my products are 100% authentic. I'm not going to sit here and self-promote but I think Cheryl brought up a good point that people should voice their opinions and ask questions in a respectful way.

xxoo

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Sad fact is that the sellers of counterfeited MAC,outnumber the sellers of the real McCoy!!
angry.gif

I once went trough the whole of the listings for MAC on eBay UK,and only about 10% was genuine MAC,rest was the usual counterfeited Crapola
th_LMAO.gif
There's only 2 sellers on eBay UK,that I would and have bought MAC from before and have recommended them to others ... Julie150463,is one of them!
th_DANCE.gif
So i rest my case

So true, the fakes now do out number the real ones. I remember a few years back when it was so different...it's so sad what it's come to
ssad.gif
Like you I would only recommend 1 other U.S. sample seller besides myself and maybe 2-3 U.S. EBAY sellers

pop violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
So true, the fakes now do out number the real ones. I remember a few years back when it was so different...it's so sad what it's come to
ssad.gif
Like you I would only recommend 1 other U.S. sample seller besides myself and maybe 2-3 U.S. EBAY sellers

Cheryl, I just figured out who you are! I didn't realize you were the same person I just bought pigment samples from. You are the only person I trust for samples. You absolutely have the best selection I have ever seen and superb customer servce. OK, I'll stop now! LOL

woopdedoo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
ssad.gif

If you're a seller, how can you possibly provide impartial/unbiased information regarding other sellers?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopdedoo4u
If you're a seller, how can you possibly provide impartial/unbiased information regarding other sellers?

Nice question
smiles.gif
There ARE other sellers who are equally reliable including three in the UK. As far as US goes there are several very reliable sample sellers here in the clearance bins - and I have bought from most of them and never had problems. I could recommend 3 from the top of my head who are US based just from these forums and at least one other who is US based and not related to here, again I have purchased from her and always been pleased
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopdedoo4u

I respect other authentic sellers and some are my good friends. There is plenty of business for everyone but one thing I do not like is seeing is any buyer get ripped off. I dont care who the seller is, the buyers should always come first. If someone ask's me for something I dont have I send them to another seller that I trust. Now I could go out and get the item but if I know another has it in stock I'll send the person to her. I've actually now have helped set up 2 sellers here, one is a sample seller and recently a full jar/MAC line seller. I helped another on a auction site and she is doing well. I recommend full line sellers to people and full line sellers have sent their sample buyers to me...like I mentioned there's enough business for everyone and it comes down to trust, caring for the buyer and respect. There is another sample seller that has come to me when she was low on a color that MAC Pro was out of and I sold her some. Another one will get me a few jars if I dont want to place a order for just 2 colors so putting down other good sellers isnt in my nature nor should be in any good sellers. All that kind of behavior/attitude does is turn around and bite the person in the behind. What goes around comes around in life and my life is too short to waste on unhealthy & dishonest actions on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.