eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

User27

Re: Ebay members to avoid!! Report them here now!!

There was an older thread regarding Evil Foundation and fake Hello Kitty eyeshadows....makingthebacon for seller name. Products were never released by MAC so I feel nothing calling this seller out and have already messaged "winners".

Dear mishiezi***,

You had recently won an auction for a Hello Kitty eyeshadow. I filed these reports while auctions were going on as counterfeit items due to these being the China made non-MAC version. If you're aware these are copies, ignore this message. If you're not, call MAC at 1-800-588-0070 and describe the package down to a representative including your UPC bar or sticker label. I also reported Evil Spirit foundation from this same seller due to this being made counterfeit and never being made by MAC Cosmetics as a release. I wish you well and I'm sorry about messaging you this way. Your best bet is to call MAC and they'll confirm what I've told you and I wish you well buying MAC on here.

- casadalinnis

She had already left feedback and that's how I was able to message her. I'm afraid of recommending people to Specktra as I don't know if Ebay will see it as a motive for contacting people after they've bought fake. If a higher up says I'm go than I'll recommend them in from here on out.

P.S. Here's why I feel nothing about this seller....

Dear makingthebacon,

I wanted to make sure these are real before I bid on them. I LOVE the eyeshadows too and so do my friends but I don't want to spend my allowance if they're not. I know I'm going to have to outbid others but want to make sure before I waste my time. Thank you and I'll start bidding as soon as you respond. I've never seen these before so I hope to jump in! MANY THANKS!!!!

-casadalinnis

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dear casadalinnis,

I am selling them for a friend, I assume they are authentic.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- makingthebacon[/FONT]
[/FONT]
</IMG>

MAC Evil Spirit Foundation M - 04Item Id:220406810201End time:May-06-09 07:08:24 PDTSeller:[FONT=arial, sans-serif]makingthebacon (3)[/FONT]100.0% Positive FeedbackMember since Apr-12-09 in United StatesLocation: MA, United StatesListing Status:This message was sent while the listing was active.

I have posted messages here just as they were sent and received so if the seller shows up here, I'm fine with it. I didn't like the nature of these threads originally with the amount of sellers on here but there's way too much fake that's out there. This could stop the next person from walking into a transaction blindly and finding out 3 months later when there's no method left to take action. It also lets me get a little more sleep at night instead of flagging the newest fakes on the Specktra board and trying to heads up people before they hit bad.

I'm all for Specktra contacting the seller to get them made aware of how they can change their selling practice to be a little more honest with the buyers as well. Sellers do have the right to go after us based on what we say so this should be done calmly and without malice or ill intent. Gets ugly when sellers show up because of people messaging them saying they were on the Specktra banned list but if you're HONEST with everything, stand your own.

I've seen a few cases on Specktra where the seller joined the forum to learn the products better and realized they themselves had been screwed by someone along the way. Yes, some sellers don't care what they are selling but some do probably have the ability to change a new leaf because of a conscience. Maybe if the problematic sellers could possibly listen to where they're being called out and take the info to heart that could eliminate the problem from happening again...just a suggestion.

darklocke

I'm sure the thread in question has been locked for a reason, so it might not be such a good idea to start another one.
smiles.gif

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziberry
Just got my refund!!! plus the postage back!!! blatent attempt to keep me happy so i don't report!!
can't leave feedback now it's refunded, so i was going to contact the people that had already bought it, but the seller has made the buyers private! another indication that they are selling fakes!!!

I've always been able to leave feedback after a refund. Have you tried??

TISH1124

I don't know if something has changed...But I received a refund recently from a power seller and I could not leave feedback either...I could from a non power seller. I asked them and they said once the transaction is closed I couldn't I could have before the refund

lizziberry

yeah same here, it let me do it before, but didn't want to as may not of got my refund! but now as the transaction is closed i can't, maybe different reasons for it closing effect whether you can, or as said above, being a power seller?? i reported that it was fake when i received it, so hopefully that will do more good...
hard work!!
thanks though
liz x

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziberry
yeah same here, it let me do it before, but didn't want to as may not of got my refund! but now as the transaction is closed i can't, maybe different reasons for it closing effect whether you can, or as said above, being a power seller?? i reported that it was fake when i received it, so hopefully that will do more good...
hard work!!
thanks though
liz x

Well it seems like Julie150463,was right thse fake fluidline have become very rampant on ebay UK!Some are with brushes ,some are not
angry.gif

youlookgorgeouss- item nu:120419618210
mason123-123 - over 20 pcs for sale ,sold lots ...:220415868350

User27

eBay My World - doris_gu77

Item Numbers(s):

All I got was the standard Thank You for Your Report (Community Watch) (KMM322111969V38862L0KM)Sunday, May 17, 2009

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our
Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you
to bring such violations to our attention.

I am happy to report one of makingthebacon's buyers contacted me back and thanked me. I had to describe Paypal claims but I name dropped Specktra so she could join if she chose. She seemed shocked that someone looked out for her but was utterly sweet after initial shock wore off. Pretty sure the seller isn't listing for a reason right now but eh, all buyers were notified so they could catch the person taking them for a ride. She/he can hate me if they so choose but apparently Evil Spirit is an "orange peach color" and quite hideous by her reaction. Ebay will hate me eventually.

BellaItalia1969

Linnis, I know,i get the same response ....It's funny how some of the sellers claim that they bought these fakes on as genuine and one seller even claimed that these Fluidline feature on Mac website wth !!!Gawd now this seller has all fake Mac,HK,Barbie,fluidline,nice collection.... NOT! taxidrivergary,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-FLUIDLIN...-BRUSH_W0QQite
and his HK ,are highly suspect too,photos are all borrowed from someone else..and Barbie Blush
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/barbie-blusher_W0QQitemZ120421962107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Blusher_PP?hash=i tem120421962107&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72% 3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|
293%3A1|294%3A50
oh my,my your seller Doris ,has excelled herself ,consider reported !

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Linnis, I know,i get the same response ....It's funny how some of the sellers claim that they bought these fakes on as genuine and one seller even claimed that these Fluidline feature on Mac website wth !!!Gawd now this seller has all fake Mac,HK,Barbie,fluidline,nice collection.... NOT! taxidrivergary,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-FLUIDLINE-EYELINER-WITH-APPLICATOR-BRUSH_W0QQite
and his HK ,are highly suspect too,photos are all borrowed from someone else..and Barbie Blush
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/barbie-blusher_W0QQitemZ120421962107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Blusher_PP?hash=i tem120421962107&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72% 3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|
293%3A1|294%3A50
oh my,my your seller Doris ,has excelled herself ,consider reported !

I just reported her 2 new ones but Ebay will probably let them run anyways. Your taxidrivergary's listing you posted has already been removed. They're quicker to remove them in the UK then in the USA and I don't get that. I just end up messaging when the buyer leaves feedback so Ebay needs to work on pulling down fake listings after receiving reports. US Ebay is a mess for real.

BellaItalia1969

Hun cheers for that!I just dislike when ebay palms you off with these usual standard reply!That fake Mac seller Doris,offers some HK ,mascara as free deal with PURCHASE?!!
censored.gif
wot
?I mean how people fall for this,cos alarm bells would be ringing very,very loud in my head
nonono.gif
you know i think sometimes it's just pure greed on buyers part,all they can see is $ signs!!!
nope.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hun cheers for that!I just dislike when ebay palms you off with these usual standard reply!That fake Mac seller Doris,offers some HK ,mascara as free deal with PURCHASE?!!
censored.gif
wot
?I mean how people fall for this,cos alarm bells would be ringing very,very loud in my head
nonono.gif
you know i think sometimes it's just pure greed on buyers part,all they can see is $ signs!!!
nope.gif

It makes them look like they own more things. They know they're paying less for a reason....there's no way that many people are clueless. When you start buying, you're naive but 3 years later you're not. I would put odds that people like Panda don't have fakes in their stash...because they know better. I get it that we all learn somewhere, even I did, but when brush111.com is charging $99.99 for a 12 piece brush set.....doh. That's $8.33 per brush...I could only dream. I haven't looked at that site in a long time so god knows where their prices are now. I am fed up seeing them advertised by Google under gurus' videos knowing damn well 15 year olds might buy their real deal story. I know I've yet to see any gurus' video I watch even touch a fake MAC brush.....they even put details available in the sidebar of every product used to do tutorials.
rant.gif

TheCollector

So does anyone know yet, if we are allowed to put ebay seller's names to avoid in this thread?? I have one that sold me fake pigments that continues to sell loads of high end fakes.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
So does anyone know yet, if we are allowed to put ebay seller's names to avoid in this thread?? I have one that sold me fake pigments that continues to sell loads of high end fakes.

Hiya hunny
winks.gif
i think we can,i think the other thread started to get tad vicious and some people got rather narky,especially if the fakes in question maybe not fakes...I have posted above names of 2 UK ebay sellers,who sell these nasty fake Mac Fluidline Gel ....complete with brush !!Yeah pure fakey,crappy stuff,that has nuffink whatsoever to do with Mac
angry.gif

I have seen the real thing being( Fluidline in Delphi) sold by Julie150463 for £17.95 and the fake one was being bidded up to £14!!!Silly,silly people....thing is that they look up see Julie's auction as expensive ,so they bid on the cheapo,fakeo crapo and they happy cos they think they got a ....bargain cos they have saved measly £3!!Gawd give me strenght!

lizziberry

I'm glad people are joining me in the ebay army!! aslong as we keep it simple with just the seller's name/shop and also what they're selling that's fake, the thread should stay open. can't see why not, if it's informative and true then it's a helpful thing to have on here. hence why i started a new one.
does anyone know about makeupcase on ebay, i've bought a red xmas edition eyeliner brush, she's had a few neg and neutral feedbacks saying fake brushes and i asked her about it and she said that it is all genuine but if the buyer does not agree she offers a no quibble refund plus p+p.
liz xxx

candisum

moptop69 seller on ebay

i ask them if they knew the colors they were selling were not real, and they reported me to ebay for spam. WTF? i guess they didn't like me telling them the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.