eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^Thank-you Vixxan!! I also trust syrene78, implicitly.

Her being a seller on ebay may well be seen as a conflict of interest, but then both ebay sellers have vested interests in defending their stock as well. And that is NOT an accusation, just an observation that there are conflicts on BOTH sides - regardless of who is right or wrong.

We totally understand issues with suppliers - we have a few ebay seller members here who also had issues previously and rectified them the same way. I agree it isnt always fair being an ebay seller - not everything you buy wholesale is authentic and I think many of us have seen enough posts here to know and understand this - or at least they should! Its so terribly easy to make mistakes with MAC stock
ssad.gif

As for syrene leaving positives then retracting - Many of us here have bought counterfeits and left positives before learing that they were actually fake. Many people already left positives and for some it was too late to even do anything about. I just want to note that while its easy enough for sellers to make mistakes - which we understand - then you can understand that its just as easy for BUYERS to make mistakes as well.

This applies to both parties, honestly the counterfeiting is getting so good these days anyone can make a mistake and staying up to date with all the changes and upgrades in counterfeit productions is getting very difficult indeed
ssad.gif

There is no conflict of interest here. I actually did research before posting any comments here. There are a few people on this forum talking crap that going to look really stupid. I'm going to give mrfixit414 a few more hours to clear this up or I will.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
you could have depotted any, who says it's that seller's? you buy cheap authentic stuff to resell in your store for twice or three times as much, here and on ebay, and then you even want a refund to earn more from sellers who sell cheaper? I am in no way connected with these sellers, I am from Europe, I just don't like to see someone so greedy accusing people who sold authentic stuff to me and some of my friends too, and who we can trust. I can be as avid as you are if I don't like to see injustice.
this is feedback left by you, is it not?

Untitled2.jpg

exhibit nr.2

Untitled.jpg

And you are in no way connected to common sense either. If she was going to resell this shit on Ebay why would she depot it?

I was also told some story that she was buying this from mrfixit414 and reselling it for a lot more money but the strange thing is in all my hours of research I could not find one post or auction where she tried to resell anything she purchased from mrfixit414 on Ebay or on this forum. Since you are good and linking things could you post some links where syrene78 attempted or sold anything she purchased from mrfixit414 on Ebay or any where else. I would really like to see that. I also couldn't find any post or any auction where she attempt to resell the items she clams are fake. If she is such greedy crook why didn't she try to pawn that shit off on someone else? That is what a dishonest person would have done.

I don't know either seller the reason why I am involved in this is because my money is involved in this.

One other thing if syrene78 was such a greedy crook don't you think someone on this forum would have discovered it before now since she has been a member of this forum since 2006?

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I've had seven items bought from mrfixit714 and put this seller through the ringer yesterday thinking I had been duped. Every item I recieved was authentic and you're targeting the wrong seller on this list. Macy's in Marley Station Mall was very helpful and I want to thank them for that. I have 6 remaining authentic items purchased from this seller as I utterly destroyed my Naval to see if she had conned me. She hadn't but I'm sorry for calling you out the way I had before depotting the other 2 eyeshadows on my last transaction. My ebay username is same as on here, only lower case c, and feel free to note I'm a buyer not a seller. This means I'm an unbiased opinion as I'm not gaining anything by destroying a sellers' reputation. I am not kidding about my Naval but it can be repurchased but if it helps, I'm enclosing a link to my photobucket with a dated picture to verify I took this. I am not the first buyer to question why mrfixit was on this list as I saw splattergirl and Vixxan both do the same. Congrats for checking it out first, unlike me, who flew off the handle and reacted quickly. Please let a FEW people discuss legitimately where they were wronged before posting do not buy or cancel payments, to so far an outright honest seller. I'm sorry to a seller who apparently tried defending their side but got witchhunted by someone with a purpose...another seller. sberger11 of Calliope's Cosmetics really needs to be added to that list because wow, I don't know how you're still a seller on Ebay. Did notice sales dwindled reasonably but maybe it's because your listings were a little too pricey for some items and your attitude was remarked on several times by people who have dealt with you since 1999. Not too mention your history of buying from other sellers long enough to resell the items yourself and syrene78, you are this person. You have got nerve saying you aren't when you brought up purchases from anndanae and aat_03 within this timeframe and even posted it within this list. I thought you genuinely had been ripped off and reacted due to your posting only to find out you're a fellow seller with a really odd habit of slandering the legitimate sellers you buy from to re-sell. You question other peoples' methods of how they obtain their items yet buy and re-sell possibly counterfeit goods unless you're depotting them prior to listing for your buyers and putting this in the listing so they know their may be case damage due to you wanting legitimacy. Yes, I'm no MAC representative but I know their packaging and textures enough to know that the person I'm flagging deserves to be reported before someone paying say $96 gets scammed. Ask me about the limited edition brush set and eyeshadows I got swindled on in the amount of $200 and you'll know why I help people and this was before mommroxx screwed me over. Someone said hey, mrfixit should depot one of their eyeshadows to prove it doesn't have the rings like syrene says it does and guess what? I was the one who did this to see whether or not I had been ripped off by someone I never had a problem doing business with after I purchased and depotted 3 others the week before. Feel free to hate on me if you're buddies with this person but note, there's a reason this seller is doing this in the first place. It's called sales on Ebay from their account and flagging other sellers trying to make them lose sales or customers and picking up the slack from them getting kicked off. syrene78, you're the equivalent of mommroxx to me but at least I know what your reason for being on this site is...knew you were too helpful to be true. Macy's sure didn't find any but from here on out I'll look at people like panda0010 and Xqueeze_me's additions as well as Resha's as I never knew she was on here but have been a subscriber of her vids since like a 3 weeks ago. If we want this to be a helpful forum, we have to leave seller bias or vendetta out of all this. I will say to syrene about the glue amount, yeah, it was a little more than what was usually there with the one but Macy's confirmed the remaining ones. I believe Macy's over a seller on Ebay and mrfixit, I am really sorry I questioned you like that and hope you can forgive me. I honestly loved everything and was enthralled with the Sweet Sage Fluidline and the most I can do is apologize for reacting before reading your defense. Here's the photo and I'm sorry to the seller and am asking people to take a look at the picture to confirm what I said was true...ignore the Naval as I was on a mission and upset with what I thought was a fraudulant purchase. I think what the honest people on here are doing is amazing but please take the time to compare stories like you would boxes from MAC. I never knew people were doing the same thing I had been doing but stay doing what you're doing and the bad ones will eventially get theirs. Please post about those wretched 8, 12 and 24 piece brush sets that people are still buying. Those are not MAC like the "genuine leather case" says and though we know this, the new buyers are unaware and think they're getting a bargain. Shiny black handle, no numbers and the hairs shed quickly with some and just know they aren't legitimate before paying China $89 for stuff the equivalent of a Walmart brush set. Happy nabbing to all and from here on out, I'll list without the extensive detailing but it was needed here as I feel like a heel.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...10-09_1305.jpg

Help me with something? Why is it that all the people talking shit about syrene78 just joined this forum? syrene78 does not belong on any list of fake sellers buy you have a spot reserved for you on this list of fools. Now go play with your fake I'm real Mac that you purchased from this person.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Help me with something? Why is it that all the people talk shit about syrene78 just joined this forum? syrene78 does not belong on any list of fake sellers buy you have a spot reserved for you on this list of fools. Now go play with your fake I'm real Mac that you purchased from this person.

I kept hearing the hype from the youtube guru community about this site and finally decided to join. Upon joining, I saw someone's name on this list that I had purchased from and was like wtf is going on? Am I out to get syrene 78? No. Did I question her ethics about how she did things? Yes. I will let you have fun at my expense and allow you to feel superior while I go shopping for more MAC from the CCO at Arundel Mills Mall. Btw, maybe they'll sell me more fake MAC that I won't know the difference of either. I hope that sarcasm caught on with you, seeing how foolish you really are.
finger.gif

Vixxan

Quote:
I kept hearing the hype from the youtube guru community about this site and finally decided to join. Upon joining, I saw someone's name on this list that I had purchased from and was like wtf is going on? Am I out to get syrene 78? No. Did I question her ethics about how she did things? Yes. I will let you have fun at my expense and allow you to feel superior while I go shopping for more MAC from the CCO at Arundel Mills Mall. Btw, maybe they'll sell me more fake MAC that I won't know the difference of either. I hope that sarcasm caught on with you, seeing how foolish you really are.
finger.gif

If you purchased Mac from mrfixit414 there is a good chance it's fake and I have her own emails to prove it. Which i'm going to post here shortly.

Shimmer

Guys, I think maybe it's time to take a step back.
If you've accidentally purchased fakes, list who you purchased them from and what the resolution (if any) to the situation was.
If you're an Ebay seller who has distributed fake merchandise, it's only fair that your name be listed here, IMO, whether the distribution was intentional or not.

Personal attacks, etc., they're not necessary nor are they tolerated.

TheCollector

HI, I have been reading this thread and I believe I purchased 2 fake pigments from ebay seller mommroxx. However, now I can't find the info on this thread about her, although I could've sworn I saw her mentioned here. Am I right or just mixing things up?

Has anyone else had this experience with her?

Thanks guys, this is my first time buying pigments on ebay, I always buy straight from MAC, but they looked authentic with all her pictures.
th_dunno.gif

??? Thanks.

Vixxan

After reading a post made by syrene 78 regarding fake items purchased from mrfixit414, I contacted mrfixit714 and asked her if she was selling fake Mac because I had purchased 4 items from her via Ebay that I had not paid for. She responded with this:

This woman is a few cents short of a dime!! And I don't want to be mean, but she is extreamly upset because she lost a paypal dispute against me. If you look at my feedback her user name is sberger11...you will see feedback she has left me. Also, if you review my other FB you will see this is not true.
I would like to thank you for contacting me. I will now take this one step further and contact an ebay and my attoney.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I suggested that she contact the moderators on this forum and report this if this is what really happened. I also research both mrfixit714 and syrene 78’s feedback and I could not find any evidence that syrene 78 ever purchased anything from mrfixit714 and resold it on Ebay. I couldn’t find any evidence that both parties ever sold the same items on Ebay.

I will contact spektra. did she leave her ebay name? it is sberger11...if u go thru my FB u will see this woman is insane and just rebelling.
She has her own ebay store and was buying from me and reselling at twice the price! The story is...she changed her mind after being the
highist bidder on an auction yesterday. Well, I was not real happy with her (at this time I was not aware she had an ebay store) anyway,
to make a long story short, she got really crazy w/me! I did cx the transaction. Before I could take another breath she had filed a pay pal
dispute against me for 85.00 for the previous transaction that she already left positive FB for! Pay pal immediatly closed the case and she was
now even more furious. She sent me emails with threats that she would post something like this. Then she left me a neg. FB....BEWARE
OF THIS SELLER - HAS FAKE MAC PRODUCTS-CONTACT ME. not knowing once u cx. a transaction u can no longer leave FB.
I spoke w/ebay and they removed it.
90% of my products are MAC and I have NEVER had an unhappy buyer. I am sure u will be happy w/your purchase too.

What bothers me about this incident is that syrene 78 is being dragged through the mud for trying to prevent other members of this forum from buying fake cosmetics. At no time did syrene 78 ever suggest that mrfixit714 andanndanae were selling fakes and that we should buy her products instead. She didn’t even advertise that she sold Mac on Ebay in this thread so there is no conflict of interest. If she was planning to get a refund from the items she purchased from mrfixit714 andanndanae and turn around and resell them then why would she depot them? I would have never known that syrene 78 was an Ebay seller if mrfixit714 had not posted it here.

I did complete the sale between myself and mrfixit714 and in the end I did receive fake Mac from mrfixit714. All but one of these eyeshadows was discontinued so I had to wait for my locate Mac rep to bring in her own person eyeshadow to swatch these against. Two of the eye shadows checked out and two did not. Blackberry did not match the eye shadow sample in the store. I chose not to purchase a new one to test this against and that was my mistake. The Light Ray did not match either but the rep said that there could be a number of reasons for this. I assumed that since the others were real that this one had to be as well. I contacted mrfixit714 and told her that I was ok with all 4 products. I didn’t not plan to depot these eye shadows until my children where gone because I didn’t want to expose them to the chemicals but I just had this nagging feeling that I needed to depot these so I did. The light ray was an obvious fake because of the ring on the bottom and the color did not match the original. Sad but true it was fake. The blackcherry did not have a ring at the bottom of the pan but I since it didn’t match the sample in the store I have ordered a blackcherry from Mac.com to make sure that this is real.

There we more than 30 emails sent between myself and mrfixit714, I’m not going to waste my time posting them all here.

This is the final resolution:

From me: Hi

I just depotted light ray and it is a fake 100% Fake. This is not a Mac Eyeshadow.

Wait i am confused....what do you mean depotted???

From me: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/e...7/#post1092005

I have a very honest supplier! Light ray and melton mauve came from another seller and she was a one time deal and i swear i'll kill her!!!!!

From me: Just approach thing calmly for all you know she may have been had too.

i am so sick in my stomach right now! She is another member and i would like to destroy her account because i bought outside of ebay.
She must know they r fake....she dosen't have many left...sure she pushed them off on me.
Di you dept blackberry??

I will refund your money for this shadow. i'm in the middle of listng and i have to end the melton mauve and light ray that have
listed now. Then i will contact her. I will let you know her response. she is an evil person!!!

LOL!! True, I don't know what i'm feeling right now, but I do know that I have loyal customers w/fake eyeshadows! OMG!!
I have tears right now

I really believe that this is a misunderstanding that went too far. Mrfixit714 was polite and answered all of my questions and I don’t believe that she intentionally sold me fakes. I think she was genuinely shocked about the fakes. However, the descent thing to do after discovering that I was sold fake make by mr.fixit714 was for her to try and make amends to
syrene
78. Instead of doing that mr.fixit714 said nothing and the bashing of syrene 78 continued which is so wrong.

Syrene 78 has been a member of this forum since 2006 and I believe that she deserved to accused of such ugly things without proof. She never tried to sale any of her products in this thread and I don’t believe that syrene 78 lied about any she said regarding the fakes. And the story about her buying items cheap from mrfixit714 and reselling them for a higher price is unfounded bullshit. mrfixit714 had the power to prevent this from going this far and I wish that she had taken the opportunity to do the right thing.

My final thoughts:

I purchased items from Anndanae, Mrfixit714 and mommroxx that turned out to be fakes. I left feedback for all these people because I did not know that the items that I purchased were fakes until it was too late. If I could take the positive feedback I would. This positive feedback defense is really worth nothing to me. This whole fake business has turned something fun into something dirty and stressful. For me it’s not worth the stress.

syrene78

Quote:
What's being done here to syrene78 is wrong. It's just wrong and I try to stand for what's right. mrfixit714 you have the power to make this right and I really hope that is what you choose to do. I really don’t want to be put in the middle of this but I can’t just allow this lady (syrene78) to be unfairly butchered. This is a simple misunderstanding you can clear this up but if you don’t I will. Please make the right choice.

I am syrene78 and sberger11 on Ebay.
It is so unfair to be attacked since I am and have been a member here and MUA well before starting to sell a few then more items of my collection!
I started selling some items on Ebay as my MAC collection is huge and don't need all of it as I thought I would. I am pregnat and need to make some room for baby and new makeup. So, I only sell some rare pieces there.
I am before all a MAC collector and have been collecting MAC since 1999 and you can find my feedback here and on MUA (steph9) where I swapped a lot for a while until I reach most of what I needed.
I am now pregnant, can't go to CCOs and therefore started a couple of months ago to purchase some non rare items that I couldn't get at MAC or at a CCO. For my own purpose though, not for resale as the other sellers would only think I do.
I have purchased some e/s from Annadae, depotted them and they were fakes. Obvious fakes. I contacted her and she herself admitted not to know for sure if her items where authentic as she purchased them from a new supplier!!!
And she is still selling them!
She refunded me and I trashes the pans with broken e/s.
Also got fake piggies from Mommrox, sent them back and got full refund. She is still selling them. I didn't leave a negative though as she was really nice and cooperative.
Got fakes from Mrfixit714, who got her e/s from other famous fakes sellers on Ebay (look at her seller's feedback). Depotted the e/s and some had rings, some didn't. 5 out of 8 or so were fakes. Didn't get a refund and I am still being harrassed by that horrible seller, who is the rudest person on Earth.
So, like you all, I am a MAC customer, user and buyer.
I do sell some items so that I can buy some others. Is that a crime? You do that on Specktra. I did that on Specktra too and got a lot of people who never paid so ended up on Ebay with immediate payment. Again, I am only selling the items that I got a while ago and don't need anymore.
I don't purchase anything anymore to resell it. I don't have enough money to put the cash up front and hope that these items would sell.
How annoying to have to justify yourself when you haven't done anything worng besides loving MAC and spending too much? Don't we all?!?
angry.gif

panda0410

Quote:

I did complete the sale between myself and mrfixit714 and in the end I did receive fake Mac from mrfixit714. All but one of these eyeshadows was discontinued so I had to wait for my locate Mac rep to bring in her own person eyeshadow to swatch these against. Two of the eye shadows checked out and two did not. Blackberry did not match the eye shadow sample in the store. I chose not to purchase a new one to test this against and that was my mistake. The Light Ray did not match either but the rep said that there could be a number of reasons for this. I assumed that since the others were real that this one had to be as well. I contacted mrfixit714 and told her that I was ok with all 4 products. I didn’t not plan to depot these eye shadows until my children where gone because I didn’t want to expose them to the chemicals but I just had this nagging feeling that I needed to depot these so I did. The light ray was an obvious fake because of the ring on the bottom and the color did not match the original. Sad but true it was fake. The blackcherry did not have a ring at the bottom of the pan but I since it didn’t match the sample in the store I have ordered a blackcherry from Mac.com to make sure that this is real.

I have just done a fairly large review with comparison pics on the newest updated fake e/s and the new fakes DONT have the ring - so even if you depot and find a flat pan it may well still be a fake!! There are other things to look for as well besides the pan rings, if anyone needs more info please PM me.

User27

I want to thank the Specktra user who contacted mommroxx on my behalf and let her know what my original post said. The person forgot to mention that I revised it two days ago because I decided to opt out of the war of sellers. I am more than willing to take responsiblity for what I posted here and know what the term libel means. Thank you random Specktra user but you got a conscience about it after I already had. I'm hoping every other person here can do the same that I just did, as this thread does constitute slander and is a punishable offense. Wish you all luck when this has over 21,000 views but I'm sure people won't mind the scrutenizing of all their posts from the people they bought from. This site's coming up fast so be prepared to face things like I'm about to and hope you post this just like I am.

1165Cheryl

I'm glad to hear things are calming down. My personal experience with Syrene78 over the years has been nothing but positive as a buyer, seller and friend. She is a very kind and sweet person.

I myself left positive feedback before when getting a fake, it helped me get my money back and I was able to retract it later.

Everyone here has voiced their view point and have their own opinions, hopefully now these on-going attacks can come to a end since this forum isnt here for that. It's come to the point were it's only hurting people, not helping and it's very confusing for many people who dont know whats going on. People come here for help but have been leaving since they keep seeing the same topic and dont want to be a part of it.

I pray this is the end, everyone has said what they wanted and it's up to members to beleive what they wish.

Shimmer

Of course, the really really simple solution to all of this is simply to avoid buying MAC from anywhere but MAC stores or CCOs.

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Of course, the really really simple solution to all of this is simply to avoid buying MAC from anywhere but MAC stores or CCOs.

I agree this is the only way to be 100% sure, but it's still not an option for people who don't have MAC counters/stores or MAC online in their country.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

From what I learned from Arundel Mills Cosmetics Company Store, it is actually illegal to sell any Estee Lauder products without having authorization from them. They asked me where I came to learn of people selling their items and I told them there was no way they didn't know about Ebay, IOffer and Specktra and let them know the popularity of it all. I apparently broke a rule by even buying online from other than their website and never knew it. I never knew people weren't legally allowed to sell MAC products but if you visit your local counter or CCO, they'll let you know that their items are copyrighted via Estee Lauder and any other person selling them is committing a crime for selling their merchandise.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I'm glad to hear things are calming down. My personal experience with Syrene78 over the years has been nothing but positive as a buyer, seller and friend. She is a very kind and sweet person.

I myself left positive feedback before when getting a fake, it helped me get my money back and I was able to retract it later.

Everyone here has voiced their view point and have their own opinions, hopefully now these on-going attacks can come to a end since this forum isnt here for that. It's come to the point were it's only hurting people, not helping and it's very confusing for many people who dont know whats going on. People come here for help but have been leaving since they keep seeing the same topic and dont want to be a part of it.

I pray this is the end, everyone has said what they wanted and it's up to members to beleive what they wish.

It's not going to end due to the fact that there will always be another seller to target. Any time someone posts a name, this instance could easily be repeated. Either way, all this thread shows is the amount of bias between everybody. You catch hell when you defend the purchase you made and you catch hell when you're not in their clique. I could go around thanking everybody to kiss up but what would that solve other than proving the clique runs deeper than is originally thought to be. Luckily, I'm not a seller but as a buyer; I see this as one hell of a mess. I'm not going to thank people just to get them to know I'm an intelligent person and I honestly would have to look at a LOT of accounts to know fact from fiction. The buddy system is an amazing tool on here but I'll never see thanks for that. I've been researching this site to see which cases fall under what guidelines and it's a mess.

User38

He who plays with fire will surely get burned.. if you buy certain items which can be easily copied from EBAY, you are setting yourself up for problems.. I said it before: CAVEAT EMPTOR... Buyer Beware. I have bought from EBAY with no problems but there may be people who have gotten burned..

as burned out as this thread is.. Blows whistle for a Time Out

Shimmer

Quote:
From what I learned from Arundel Mills Cosmetics Company Store, it is actually illegal to sell any Estee Lauder products without having authorization from them. They asked me where I came to learn of people selling their items and I told them there was no way they didn't know about Ebay, IOffer and Specktra and let them know the popularity of it all. I apparently broke a rule by even buying online from other than their website and never knew it. I never knew people weren't legally allowed to sell MAC products but if you visit your local counter or CCO, they'll let you know that their items are copyrighted via Estee Lauder and any other person selling them is committing a crime for selling their merchandise.

Which is why calling them and asking for a shipment is the reasonable thing to do. Most are accomodating in that manner.
Or working out a custom purchase with another member on the site where MemberA wants XXXXXX items, and gives MemberB the money for the items, and then they're shipped. That's neither illegal nor bad business.

Quite frankly, ebay is a known crapshoot. Buyers know this, and if a seller's pissed for being called out on knowingly selling fake merchandise, my sympathy level is nil.

lizziberry

Ebay members to avoid!! Report them here now!!

This is kind of a follow up to my thread about the fake fluidline i bought.
I tried to post to the threads about ebay members to avoid but they are closed for new posts. So i'm starting a new one.
I thought if we all added just one member that in our opinion are really adding to the counterfeit problem we could all report them. Power in numbers!! Hopefully then Ebay will get the message with each seller and remove them, well that's the idea anyway!!

So my seller who has over 200 Blacktrack Fluidlines is
s.gif
s.gif
let_it_sonwsonw

Let's stop them once and for all!!!! Good luck!

Liz xx

lizziberry

Re: Ebay members to avoid!! Report them here now!!

Just got my refund!!! plus the postage back!!! blatent attempt to keep me happy so i don't report!!
can't leave feedback now it's refunded, so i was going to contact the people that had already bought it, but the seller has made the buyers private! another indication that they are selling fakes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.