Embarrased that I am not young & pretty

Shimmer

I love your nose.

Youth fades, character and spirit last forever. It sounds cheesy, but it's true.

ShexyKristin

You don't look 40 that's for sure!
smiles.gif
I'm proud of you. and don't be ashamed or shy of anything, you're very pretty!

SparklingWaves

That's so funny about the nose. I have never had anybody say that. I have people root through my hair to see that I am really a blond and asked if I had braces. I never had braces. I think I probably need them. I have been asked recently at Walmart, "Where did I come from, because I didn't look like I was from here?" Where do I look like I came from? That's so weird. That made me feel like a freak.

Gosh, I really envy all of you gorgeous ladies. I look at your pictures daily and say to myself, "OMG, they are so beautiful". I will say in my head, "I want to look like her and her. Then, I realize that I have listed everyone!" I love the pictures sending kisses and neat poses. I have one that I tried to pose and I feel it looks so stupid. It looks like my neck is broken.
smiles.gif

Dawl

OMG! You look like a Barbie!! I`m lovin the hair & makeup. Grr you're lucky I can't pull of that shade of lipstick!

You look way younger then fourty (;

mandragora

You have nothing to be embarassed about, you look gorgeous! And I positively envy the shape of your nose.

SparklingWaves

If it weren't for my therapist, I wouldn't have gotten the courage to show my face literally. She has been working with me to get me out of hiding my self. I am so scared of people. I may not show it on the outside, but I am on the inside. I am terribly self conscious. Thanks so much for the beautiful comments. Trust me my nose isn't perfect. It must be a good angle of the camera. Thank you.

Jot

You look beautiful - like a classic movie star! Thanks for posting. Hopefully we will see more of you around here

SparklingWaves

You are too kind. I really want to put all my pets up one post. They are my living angels. They and all of you help me get through every day. You all are a gift from God to me. I mean that.

kyrillaangel

Hi SparklingWaves,
I think you look very pretty ... and to be honest you don't look like you are 40 years old. I wish I had that beautiful eyes and that perfectly shaped lips. Hopefully you are going to post more pictures, I'm looking forward to seeing different looks on you.

User49

I felt moved when I read this title in the thread section. I was expecting to see a really funny picture of someone who was past that make up wearing stage. But I think you look fab and should take a different look at yourself. Feeling pretty isn't about being young. It's not about how much mac you can buy and change your face. It's what your feeling inside as a whole. When you are happy it and feel good you emanate a sort of glow and others see this too and you feel beautiful. I think you made a brave step on here and you shouldn't judge yourself as harsh as you do. Good luck with the future and don't worry so much anymore. Enjoy your life! There's more to it than looks and you don't have to worry about how you look
smiles.gif

ms_bloom

I too think you are beautiful and you have gorgeous classic features. More importantly, I think you are tremendously brave to post your picture here, even with the urging of your therapist. I hope it helps somewhat in dealing with your PTSD. The ladies here at Specktra are fabulous!

SparklingWaves

Thank you so much for the compliment.

My therapist is going to be so surprised next week when I tell her about this. She will be shocked that I actually did it too. I feel so naked though. Whew.

wolfsong

You look like a (few decades) younger Helen Mirren mixed with a bit of Meryl Syreep and Nicole Kidman.

You certainly need no work done - you have no bloody wrinkles in sight!
Your nose and eyes in particular are stunningly beautiful - you look like a porcelain doll, and thats the kind of beauty that grows with age.

Trust me there are many people that pay a hell of a lot to look as pretty and as young as you do, and you have something extra they will never be able to buy - internal beauty. I hope you find peace with yourself.

sallytheragdol

Thank you for being brave enough to post here. You are a truly beautiful woman. Gorgeous eyes, a pretty mouth perfect nose, amazing skin, and your courage makes you even more beautiful.