Embarrased that I am not young & pretty

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I
BTW: I'm in my 40's. I have never posted a photo of myself, but if I get a treatment for the burns on my face that works to remove or minimize them, I'll post a pic

I am so glad to hear from someone who is also in their 40's. I do hope to see you too. Thank you.
winks.gif

pichima

listen, you are so beautiful!!!!!
just like a living doll, I would say!
thanx for sharing your pics with us, and please never feel ugly or weird again because that's just not fair to yourself, you're unique and I really wish I look that gorgeous when I'm 40 .

SparklingWaves

I really felt stupid for even posting. I know it is true. I have a serious self esteem issue like Shimmer said. I know it. I have known it. The scars of childhood have almost destroyed me. I know one of my siblings is caring similar feelings. Its so difficult.

Thank you for the reply.

ms.marymac

Whoever said you look like a classic movie star was right...that's exactly what I thought of when I saw your picture. Your lashes are to die for.

I am not too far behind you in age. One thing I think about every year is how much I've grown mentally and spiritually. So many things that used to bother me don't anymore. You gain wisdom and almost a sense of peace. I had fun growing up but I don't want to go through that again, lol!

As far as the bad things people said in the past go, ask yourself this: "Who made them the authority over who I am?". I think it was Walt Whitman that said, "Re-evaluate all you've been told-dismiss what insults your soul."

Mandypaul

I am sorry that you feel this way about yourself, but i am being 100% honest when i say that you are very beautiful. I do understand how you feel though as i feel like that sometimes, as when i was younger i went through a really bad time without going into details, it was horrible, and i feel that going through what i did has aged me, thats why when i am posting a picture on here i dont really smile on them (i look grumpy lol) but when i smile i feel as though i look really bad and old, cause i have loads of lines around my eyes that i am so paranoid about, i just hate them :-(. and i can get really upset by it.

Anyway sorry for rambling on but what i try and do when i can is focus on the positives about myslef, though that can sometimes be hard it does help a lot :) Like now i try and look at them lines and think i have not got them because of all the rubbish i went through but i have them because i am happy now and always laughing and smiling lol and thats why i have all them lines.

SparklingWaves

Thank you so much for sharing and understanding. It is so difficult. I really appreciate your honesty and taking the time to post to me about your difficulties. It does help to know that someone can relate in some way to me. Thank you again.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
I'm 21 and wish I looked half as good as you, so...

CHEER UP <3

Now, I know this can't be true. LOL (shaking my head - No way)

BTW- I love that pup .

xmrsvindieselx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Now, I know this can't be true. LOL (shaking my head - No way)

BTW- I love that pup .

actually I'm 18. and I'd LOVE to look as beautiful as you doll
smiles.gif

~Valerie~

This thread has really moved me. I'm 21 and I have severe self-esteem issues, too. I don't think I'll ever get over it.
ssad.gif

I know that as someone with self-esteem issues, you have to constantly fight the urge to assume that the people complimenting you are just being kind, but to be honest I wouldn't add in this last part if I didn't have anything truthful to say: When I saw the 2 pictures you posted, especially the 2nd, I was floored by how beautiful you are. You have features I would kill for. Maybe if I age as well as you do, I'll grow some self-esteem someday, heh.

labellavita7

I think you are beautiful, you don't have to be a teenager to be pretty! I think you have a really cute nose actually haha

It may be hard with PTSD to view yourself a certain way, but trust me, all these women think you are beautiful, you need to see it in yourself too!

Kuuipo

You look like a movie star. You should ditch the cat icon and put your pic in as an avatar,because you have perfect symmetry facially, and that is not all that common. Keep up the therapy,you are too valuable below the skin surface to suffer such doubt.

Mo6ius

Wow, you look very pretty. Such nice features. Love the hair, the eyes, the nose... You reminded me of some actress (I don't remember her name though).

Wish you all the best things.

Miss_M

I think you are beautiful and much younger looking. In your first picture that is taken from the side you remind me of model Sophie Dahl, who has the same blond hairdo and classic features.

I also think you are very brave to post your picture here on the board, since I know what you're going through. I had severe self-esteem issues myself for many years. I was bullied and terrorised for years because I was overweight, wore glasses and braces. Boys said I looked better with a bag over my head and even my own grandmother made contant comments about my weight. I felt invisible and not worthy living for years. I hardly have any pictures of the last 20 years (I'm still not comfortable about my picture being taken) and didn't have my first boyfriend until 27 because I thought I was too ugly to be photographed or date.

It took me years to heal the scars and I still have moments of insecurity, just like any other human being, but now at almost 35 I can honestly say that I feel pretty okay about myself and that I'm worthy as a person
smiles.gif