Embarrased that I am not young & pretty

malvidia

botox??? peel??? you don't need them!!! you don't have wrinkles and your face is just soooo beautiful!

lethaldesign

You are beautiful! Thank you for having the courage to share this with everyone here. You have perfectly shaped lips.

Oh & PS... you don't look a day over 30!
smiles.gif

Briar

You are a beautiful woman! I was very nervous about posting here as well, being 37 and heavy but the wonderful, encouraging people on this forum have helped me find love for myself and my own unique beauty.

a914butterfly

you look pretty and you look younger than 40. thanks for posting your pic and sharing your story. i kind of know how you feel. i took both physical and mental abuse from my ex husband for 10 year. he kept telling me how ugly i was and how no one would want me. i actually heard it so much that i believed him. anyway, im over that and remarried and my ex is still by himself. (the tables turned). anyway, you look great and i like your makeup!!!

SparklingWaves

Oh, wow, you are empowered and doing well. That's wonderful. I love to hear from women of strength. Thank you for sharing that.

.k.

wow, ur little head line reads lover of life
smiles.gif

this is a really positive way to live life.
im sorry about ur awful experience with ptsd.
i cant even begin to imagine what you went through.
glad u found us though!
women here are really supportive and understanding.

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
You are a sweetie and cutie, Flowerhead. I would love to go to London.

smiles.gif
You must, it's the most fabulous city in the world! I meant it by the way, you have beautiful features. Appreciate them!

VRia93

you look like a barbie doll!! : O i am sooo jelous!! your skin is so flawless! and people only dream of having that colour of eyes! you are so so so pretty!!

SparklingWaves

I am telling you the truth. I have never been complimented like this.Never - Ever. All the comments are always about my husband. He has olive skin. People stare at him. When I am out in public, I feel invisible. No one ever looks my way. Never. I think it's, because I am so fair they don't even see me. I blend in with the pavement except for my makeup.

wolfsong

Your fair skin is beautiful - maybe you just dont see people looking at you. Its hard to take compliments when you dont believe them yourself.

You remind me of my aunt so much, a younger aunt that I have she's in her lower 30's. I've always thought she was gorgeous and I think you are too!! Myself having a medium skin tone and dark hair I seriously envy your creamy porcelain skintone, and light blonde hair...I have ALWAYS wanted your haircolor. And I could never wear the makeup colors you can wear, and I wish I could. And I must say that I adore your nose!! Your whole facial structure reminds me of the royal looking women you see on like pendants and stuff...I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but anyway. I think you're very pretty!!

SparklingWaves

Kaylin - you look like a doll I had that was stolen from me when I was little. It was called a Dawn Doll. She was my 1st doll. I had her for my for my Birthday. That same day, I went with my mother to the store. I left my doll in the basket and turned around she was gone. You know - I never forgot that. I was really little - 4 - 5 years old. To this day, I remember everything about her. She had to be modeled after a girl like you. She was the perfect doll to me. I wanted to grow up and look just like her.

Shimmer

It really may be worth talking with a counselor or therapist about the self esteem issue. Alternatively, you may consider finding something you can immerse yourself in, that you're really good at, that challenges you to get better, and work at it and be proud of it. For some women that's knitting, some women it's running, for me, it's rock climbing....for you it may be something else. Use that talent as fuel to say 'yes. *I* did *that*.'
Our looks, no matter what our ages, don't define who we are. Our hair and makeup? It's just, ultimately, decoration. A person can be a beautiful doll like figurine with smooth skin and long lashes etc., but if that person doesn't love herself...or if that person is an ugly person to the people around her...then she's not a person others are going to want to know.
Beauty isn't defined by a genetically gifted exterior. It's defined by what's inside of us and how we use it.

Bonbonroz

Honey you are positively beautiful!
Your skin is so fair and bright, and I love the color of your eyes; you look like a porcelain doll. And you really don't look 40.
Never let anybody tell you you are ugly. You are a very beautiful woman who "only" has to restore her self-image; I know it's much easier to say than to do. But keep confidence, you can be proud of you because posting your face was a great step!

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
It really may be worth talking with a counselor or therapist about the self esteem issue. Alternatively, you may consider finding something you can immerse yourself in, that you're really good at, that challenges you to get better, and work at it and be proud of it. For some women that's knitting, some women it's running, for me, it's rock climbing....for you it may be something else. Use that talent as fuel to say 'yes. *I* did *that*.'
Our looks, no matter what our ages, don't define who we are. Our hair and makeup? It's just, ultimately, decoration. A person can be a beautiful doll like figurine with smooth skin and long lashes etc., but if that person doesn't love herself...or if that person is an ugly person to the people around her...then she's not a person others are going to want to know.
Beauty isn't defined by a genetically gifted exterior. It's defined by what's inside of us and how we use it.

Oh, yes. I have been working on it. It's hard to unlearn what was beaten into your head from the time you started walking. It's like trying to learn to walk all over again. It's very hard. Thank you for the reply.

thelove4tequila

Is it weird that I love the shape of your nose? haha. I think Shimmer said that as well! Please keep posting your FOTDs!!!!

Edit: Seems like we all love your nose!!! You have a lovely face and its great you found courage to post!!!

Ms. Z

clap.gif
I'm glad you had the courage to post.

You are very attractive and yes your nose is exceptionally beautiful, people pay good $ to get a nose like that

BTW: I'm in my 40's. I have never posted a photo of myself, but if I get a treatment for the burns on my face that works to remove or minimize them, I'll post a pic