Enabler-ville

Melrose

I was actually just about to ask if the beauty blender is worth the money.  I know people swear by it, but I've never tried one.  I just apply foundation with either my fingers or a brush, never a sponge.  You think it's worth the investment?
Definitely worth it! I own 2. Prior to buying it I used the mac 190 or 188 to apply foundation but was never truly satisfied with the end result. The beauty blender just gives a much more natural seamless finish. Doesn't matter what type of foundation you use either. I used it with my KVD lock it and that stuff is so thick, it definitely has cake face potential but the BB always applied it beautifully. I never even use my foundation brushes anymore. I've actually put them away. You should check out the BB, I think you'd like it.

NaomiH

Honestly, I have been a big fan of MAC's brushes for years and I have a few. But I dont get MAC anymore bec I find brands like Hakuhodo offers much higher quaity at the SAME price range. It isnt insanely expensive and is very much comparable to MAC pricing, some even a few $ cheaper. But the quality of those brushes are just Amazing. As with MAC, I find the recent quality is not what it has been. A lot of their brushes are still handmade & outsourced to China, But Niche brands like Hakuhodo excels in the quality IMO.
Theonly problem is they charge an insane shipping, so its best to assimilate & place a bigger order than getting brushes individually.

As for MAC my fav eye brushes:
MAC 217, MAc 219, MAC 239, MAC 242, MAC 208 are my favs from the brand.
I thought Hakuhodo made the MAC brushes, I could be way wrong on that though. I've wanted to try the Hakuhodo brushes actually but didn't know where to begin.

jenise

I was actually just about to ask if the beauty blender is worth the money. I know people swear by it, but I've never tried one. I just apply foundation with either my fingers or a brush, never a sponge. You think it's worth the investment?
yes! they're amazing. I still use brushes here and there for foundation/concealer but every time I go back to the beauty blender I'm like why did I ever stop using this!! It gives such a flawless finish to the face. I love it with Nars sheer glow and my prolongwear concealer. I also like it to apply liquid highlights and even loose powders! The black "pro" one is my favorite. I can't wait for the mini ones I just ordered from sephora the other day to come in!

Anaphora

Definitely worth it! I own 2. Prior to buying it I used the mac 190 or 188 to apply foundation but was never truly satisfied with the end result. The beauty blender just gives a much more natural seamless finish. Doesn't matter what type of foundation you use either. I used it with my KVD lock it and that stuff is so thick, it definitely has cake face potential but the BB always applied it beautifully. I never even use my foundation brushes anymore. I've actually put them away. You should check out the BB, I think you'd like it.
Okay, I'm sold. I'll buy one as soon as my bank account isn't weeping. Do you need the special cleanser with it or can I use brush cleanser?

Anaphora

yes! they're amazing. I still use brushes here and there for foundation/concealer but every time I go back to the beauty blender I'm like why did I ever stop using this!! It gives such a flawless finish to the face. I love it with Nars sheer glow and my prolongwear concealer. I also like it to apply liquid highlights and even loose powders! The black "pro" one is my favorite. I can't wait for the mini ones I just ordered from sephora the other day to come in!
I'm now even more sold. I'm definitely grabbing one of these. Is there a real difference between the colors?

jenise

I'm now even more sold. I'm definitely grabbing one of these. Is there a real difference between the colors?
I feel as if the black one is a touch softer! and then the white one is the pure one that was made for sensitive skin.

Vineetha

I thought Hakuhodo made the MAC brushes, I could be way wrong on that though. I've wanted to try the Hakuhodo brushes actually but didn't know where to begin.
I dont know, but they do that for a of brands so that very well could be the case. All my recent brushes from MAC are made in China, but I preferred the older french versios. But one thing I could tell is Hakuhodo feels eons better and it could just be me
girlhaha.gif

Here goes my recos for a start

Eye Brushes: J142 (Best crease brush ever), J5523 (similar to MAc 217 but better cut IMO), G5513 (smallest detail brush)
Face: G5556 (foundation, but totally depends on the type of brush you like, if it isnt the style, better to skip & one of the more expensive ones) ,J5521 (Perfect contour/highlight brush, just the right size) J5543 (Blush brush)

And if it is only one brush you ever get from the brand, it SHOULD be the Yachiyo
(I hate the NARS version)

Melrose

Okay, I'm sold.  I'll buy one as soon as my bank account isn't weeping.  Do you need the special cleanser with it or can I use brush cleanser?
I have the BB liquid cleanser because it came with the 2 pack I purchased but honestly you can wash it with a gentle face wash as well. I often use the neutrogena gentle cleanser ( one in the white pump bottle) and it works just as well.

Vineetha

I really hope they open it for VIB's soon. I adore BB's, havent tried the black one yet but the pink ones. But those mini ones looks just
heart.gif

jenise

I really hope they open it for VIB's soon. I adore BB's, havent tried the black one yet but the pink ones. But those mini ones looks just
heart.gif
I'm so excited for them! lol they're so cute. I'm sure they'll open it for everyone very soon!!

NaomiH

I dont know, but they do that for a of brands so that very well could be the case. All my recent brushes from MAC are made in China, but I preferred the older french versios. But one thing I could tell is Hakuhodo feels eons better and it could just be me
girlhaha.gif

Here goes my recos for a start

Eye Brushes: J142 (Best crease brush ever), J5523 (similar to MAc 217 but better cut IMO), G5513 (smallest detail brush)
Face: G5556 (foundation, but totally depends on the type of brush you like, if it isnt the style, better to skip & one of the more expensive ones) ,J5521 (Perfect contour/highlight brush, just the right size) J5543 (Blush brush)

And if it is only one brush you ever get from the brand, it SHOULD be the Yachiyo
(I hate the NARS version)
I'll check those out, thanks!

Vineetha

http://www.temptalia.com/christian-louboutin-classic-red-rouge-louboutin-nail-colour-pre-order

blink.gif
The only product i will never spent that much would be NP's even for the packaging.

Anaphora

http://www.temptalia.com/christian-louboutin-classic-red-rouge-louboutin-nail-colour-pre-order

blink.gif
The only product i will never spent that much would be NP's even for the packaging.
Honestly, I don't care whose name is on it. That is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Periodinan

Wow, i love Glam :love: Super creamy and just the perfect red - the right mixture between pink and red. Not as intense and in-your-face like Ruby Woo, a great everyday red. Thank you [@]NaomiH[/@] for making me buy it! :heart: