Enabler-ville

CarmenK

What's your experience with sigma brushes? I've never tried any but all the makeup gurus on youtube rave about them. I only own mac brushes and a few SK brushes.
I love Sigma brushes, The quality and prices are unbeatable. They have some unique brushes and I love the synthetic one they carry

Melrose

I buy China Glaze for $3 and Essie if I'm feeling fancy. I'm cheap with polish.
I used to buy chanel, deborah lippmann, opi, essie, etc. but after collecting over 200, I'm kinda done unless I find something very unique which is pretty rare. Nowadays most polishes are just too dupable to justify a high price tag.

NaomiH

I buy China Glaze for $3 and Essie if I'm feeling fancy. I'm cheap with polish.
So am I because I'm not a regular nail painter. My big splurge polishes are the Zoya Pixie Dusts and that's about as high as I'll go for a polish.

CarmenK

I'm now even more sold. I'm definitely grabbing one of these. Is there a real difference between the colors?
I think there is. I havent tried the white one but I definitely don't really like the pink one, because for one it bleeds and the texture of it is very gritty (at least the last couple ones i've gotten), with the black its definitely softer like someone mentioned and I havent experienced any bleeding at all. I definitely feel like my foundation goes on a lot more flawless using a beauty blender, and its a dream with thicker foundations like Mac studio fix fluid. I also recommend the bb cleanser with it, the solid one gets every stain out.

Anaphora

So am I because I'm not a regular nail painter. My big splurge polishes are the Zoya Pixie Dusts and that's about as high as I'll go for a polish.
Same here. I'm not allowed to have anything on my nails at work, so I only have them painted 2 days a week.

Anaphora

Quote: Originally Posted by CarmenK
I think there is. I havent tried the white one but I definitely don't really like the pink one, because for one it bleeds and the texture of it is very gritty (at least the last couple ones i've gotten), with the black its definitely softer like someone mentioned and I havent experienced any bleeding at all. I definitely feel like my foundation goes on a lot more flawless using a beauty blender, and its a dream with thicker foundations like Mac studio fix fluid. I also recommend the bb cleanser with it, the solid one gets every stain out.

Okay, I'm definitely getting the black one then. Is it worth it to have two? Or does that only make sense if you're using it for multiple products in the same day?

CarmenK

Okay, I'm definitely getting the black one then. Is it worth it to have two? Or does that only make sense if you're using it for multiple products in the same day?
I think its worth having 2, I own 4
icon_eek.gif
The only reason is because it sucks having to clean those suckers everyday and because its a sponge it takes a minute to really rinse out all the makeup
I do recommend cleaning them every time before use so having more than 1 on hand saves some time when your in rush to do your makeup, and I think the duos are like $26 and just one BB is $19 HTH!

ETA: I use the top of the sponge for my concealer and bottom for foundation but I've seen some ladies use the BB to blend out cream blush and contour so it would be handy to have 2 for multiple uses

Anaphora

I think its worth having 2, I own 4
icon_eek.gif
The only reason is because it sucks having to clean those suckers everyday and because its a sponge it takes a minute to really rinse out all the makeup
I do recommend cleaning them every time before use so having more than 1 on hand saves some time when your in rush to do your makeup, and I think the duos are like $26 and just one BB is $19 HTH!
Okay, two it is! I just have to wait until I get paid. I might even wait until I buy my NARS Sheer Glow, which will probably be sometime in September since I have more tan to fade. I need to start exfoliating a lot or something! I guess I could always buy my proper shade, which I'm 99.9% sure will be Deauville and warm my face up with a bronzing powder in the meantime.

CarmenK

Mandy, which out of those would you start with if you had to choose? I'm thinking of only buying the palette plus 2-3 shadows to start with. Which do you think are most functional for daily looks I can wear to work?
Okay, two it is! I just have to wait until I get paid. I might even wait until I buy my NARS Sheer Glow, which will probably be sometime in September since I have more tan to fade. I need to start exfoliating a lot or something! I guess I could always buy my proper shade, which I'm 99.9% sure will be Deauville and warm my face up with a bronzing powder in the meantime.
Yay! Let us know how they work for you!

MandyVanHook

Mandy, which out of those would you start with if you had to choose?  I'm thinking of only buying the palette plus 2-3 shadows to start with.  Which do you think are most functional for daily looks I can wear to work? Okay, two it is!  I just have to wait until I get paid.  I might even wait until I buy my NARS Sheer Glow, which will probably be sometime in September since I have more tan to fade.  I need to start exfoliating a lot or something!  I guess I could always buy my proper shade, which I'm 99.9% sure will be Deauville and warm my face up with a bronzing powder in the meantime. 
Hmm... I think I would go with Blanc Type, Wedge, and Handwritten.