Fake MAC from StrawberryNet?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylz
hi

i am new and looking to buy cosmetics online, i noticed alot of chat about strawberry, i am a little nervous

what about The Beauty Club (Discount Cosmetics, Skincare, Fragrances, Make Up, Perfume The Beauty Club MAC make up), has anyone heard of this, i beleive they are new and i have called them and they sound lovely just wanted to see if anyone was a member or has tried them out?

thanks

All I can say is that I will never ever buy MAC from the big-with-lots-of-beauty-brands cosmetic websites (except for MAC's legit websites: maccosmetics.com and MACPro.com) because as repeated, "MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale".

As for other brands that you may be after, I'm not too sure BUT just be careful because not only MAC cosmetics are being faked. Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc are being faked as well.

sophie-au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylz
[...]
what about The Beauty Club (Discount Cosmetics, Skincare, Fragrances, Make Up, Perfume The Beauty Club MAC make up), has anyone heard of this, i beleive they are new and i have called them and they sound lovely just wanted to see if anyone was a member or has tried them out?

Hi Haylz! Welcome.

I've never heard of them, so I went to have a look (always keen to find more Aussie sites) but they don't list MAC anywhere but on their site map, which isn't linked to anything??

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
All I can say is that I will never ever buy MAC from the big-with-lots-of-beauty-brands cosmetic websites (except for MAC's legit websites: maccosmetics.com and MACPro.com) because as repeated, "MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale".

i think i might try to verify that statement with MAC locally (australia). we don't have CCOs over here so the discontinued product has to go somewhere. i know of one website that always get the discontinued products a few weeks/months after they disappear from the website.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i think i might try to verify that statement with MAC locally (australia). we don't have CCOs over here so the discontinued product has to go somewhere. i know of one website that always get the discontinued products a few weeks/months after they disappear from the website.

Yea, I know Australia doesn't have CCOs. Unfortunately!

Ahh I see! Well.. I heard from a little birdie that they send all the LE/DC stuff back to the Estee Lauder company/office/HQ located in Australia so people with the 'special invitations' can go buy them at a discounted price after the collections are off the shelves. [Please don't ask me where I can get the special invitations because I do NOT know!]

Any chance of revealing the website that always get the discontinued products a few weeks/months after they disappear from the website?

spectrolite

Quote:
Ahh I see! Well.. I heard from a little birdie that they send all the LE/DC stuff back to the Estee Lauder company/office/HQ located in Australia so people with the 'special invitations' can go buy them at a discounted price after the collections are off the shelves. [Please don't ask me where I can get the special invitations because I do NOT know!]

Any chance of revealing the website that always get the discontinued products a few weeks/months after they disappear from the website?

One of the counter managers here in Melbourne told me that the special sales were only available to MAC/Estee Lauder employees and their friends and family. So I guess if you are lucky enough to know someone who works at a counter or at a pro-store, you can score an invite that way
smiles.gif
I was hoping that she'd invite me along lol but I was totally dreaming. I'm also curious about this mysterious website!

At the MAC Pro-store they hang on to their back stock of LE items because MUA's will continue to purchase until it is gone. I'm not sure what happens to stock that goes on sale at the Estee Lauder private sales... it might get sent to the Pro-stores or maybe even back to the States for them to sell at CCO's? I'm so curious!

I have never purchased anything from Strawberry.net because I was always afraid that they got their products from Thailand or China. I'm sure they do have some legitimate items but it wouldn't surprise me if they had some fake ones thrown into the mix too. I think it's too risky for me to spend my money there so I will continue to purchase from MAC directly.

talste

This just reminded me, years ago I worked for a company owned by Ronald S. Lauder, One of the perks was a staff discount at Estee Lauder & we were able to go to the warehouse in Alexandria during certain times to purchase cosmetics on a staff discount. It's a shame I wasn't into MAC back then
ssad.gif

redambition

Quote:
Yea, I know Australia doesn't have CCOs. Unfortunately!

the website is smart poppy (google it and you should find it pretty quick
smiles.gif
)

i've looked recently and it looks like this website may have also been hit with what could be counterfeit pigments - they have a whole bunch of colours that are on the known counterfeit list. there's no images to be able to make a conclusive judgement though.

i have purchased from them a few times and while service is not always that fantastic, the products i have received have been genuine. i've gotten some LE and some discontinued items from them.

i have also heard of the fabled Estee Lauder staff store and would love a pass. unfortunately they are hard to come by unless you know an EL employee.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
the website is smart poppy (google it and you should find it pretty quick
smiles.gif
)

i have purchased from them a few times and while service is not always that fantastic, the products i have received have been genuine. i've gotten some LE and some discontinued items from them.

i have also heard of the fabled Estee Lauder staff store and would love a pass. unfortunately they are hard to come by unless you know an EL employee.

Ah yeah! Thanks for the tip! I know of someone who bought a Glissade MSF from Smart Poppy!Cost her $50 for the MSF alone tho from what I gathered. :|

As for the Estee Lauder staff store... *sighs*
winks.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
May I have your permission to send the pics to a fella that works at HCT (they make the pots for Mac, which is in China btw).

He'll confirm for sure.

Let me know.

I spent 9 hours on a flight with this fella, picked his brain, and opened a Mac eyeshadow and asked him tons of questions.

You can email the company if you want, I'm sure they'll answer .. I mean it's their pots :-D

here

What an awesome site. I see they've worked with the Body Shop, Too Faced, Laura Mercier, Smashbox, Tart, UD, and many others!

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeshda
I don't know if this is old news, but I just noticed strawberrynet pulled MAC from their website. Maybe they realized that they indeed had fakes and decided to just get rid of everything.

I thought so too... But today I've visited SNet and MAC is back on the brand list...

paopao

I think the bases and so were OK, but the pigments and E/s were fakes. Does anybody know if the e/s they have now are real?

panda0410

I dont know. I have been back to smart poppy and they are still advertising pigment samples in blue, maroon, turquoise and bright coral..... highly suspect. I also wouldnt consider purchasing from second sellers that dont show THEIR OWN pics - the ONLY company that can really be trusted with stock pics is MAC itself. Personally I would avoid both sites where pigments and eyeshadows are concerned.

panda0410

^^But its cheaper than retail here which is the market its intended for. I still wouldnt touch, I saw a D'Bohemia there tonight for the same price, but there is no way I would take that risk...

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^But its cheaper than retail here which is the market its intended for. I still wouldnt touch, I saw a D'Bohemia there tonight for the same price, but there is no way I would take that risk...

D'Bohemia is highly sought after. I remember months ago, Amistosa ( avery reputable Mac seller on Ebay who knows her Mac) was selling it for $25 or something like that, basically she wasn't giving it away for cheap.

Strawberrynet is a questionable seller of Mac products ... can't be trusted.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
D'Bohemia is highly sought after.

Strawberrynet is a questionable seller of Mac products ... can't be trusted.

LOL, very sought after - this much I know
winks.gif
I can tell you that I was tempted... shut the screen down before rationality took leave of me otherwise I might well have clicked purchase now - well thats what was screaming at me in my head anyway.....LOLOL!!!

panda0410

I was actually talking about smart poppy as referenced to earlier and they have the following listed -
Whistle (Barbie)
Fafi 2 palette
Angelcake
Arena
Beauty Marked
Claire de Lune
Courderoy
D'Bohemia
Eyepopping
Fertile
FLoral Fantasy
Living Pink
Look See
Meadow
Purple Shower
Rio de Rosa
Romantique
Sprout
Thunder

Quite a few of these are LE, but I still wont go there....