Fake MAC from StrawberryNet?

panda0410

Well you can tell Rosalinda thats a load of shit. RED already called MAC and has confirmed that pigments ARE ONLY MADE IN THE USA OR CANADA!!! there will be no differences in markets because there ARE NO markets.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Well you can tell Rosalinda thats a load of shit. RED already called MAC and has confirmed that pigments ARE ONLY MADE IN THE USA OR CANADA!!! there will be no differences in markets because there ARE NO markets.

Only LE items like a small handful of brushes and 6 eyeshadow palettes (in my experience) and brush included are made in China. (I depotted a 6 eyeshadows palette 2 days ago and they're made in China)

Will post pics later!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Only LE items like a small handful of brushes and 6 eyeshadow palettes (in my experience) and brush included are made in China. (I depotted a 6 eyeshadows palette 2 days ago and they're made in China)

Will post pics later!

As promised, here are the pics of the depotted DELIGHTS 6 EYES/TREND palette + brush:

MadeinChinapalette.jpg

Brushchina.jpg

ps: I turned the palette into a mirror compact since I depotted the eyeshadow + brush holder! XD

Xqueeze_me

So its true! Strawberry net is definitely and officially selling fake pigments so no doubt the eyeshadows are too!

New all-in-one MAC thread Pg 56 onwards mention that. One of the Voguettes bought a Deep Purple from Strawberry Net and swatched her older Deep Purple next to it, voila! Fake! Might get her to do take a pic of the swatch...

wheresmytea

I know my Deep Purple from SN looks really dull compared to online swatches I've seen of the real thing.
ssad.gif

SpringDancer

I contacted MAC through their website and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.
While pleased you enjoy M.A.C products, we regret to learn of your
disappointment with a recent purchase. We would like to explain that our
products are only distributed for sale at our authorized retail store
accounts, or at our free-standing stores. Products purchased at one of our
authorized accounts are genuine M.A.C merchandise of recent production.
StrawberryNet is not one of our accounts, and we therefore have no way of
knowing how they obtained our products. We trust you can understand that
we are unable to assume responsibility for unauthorized representation of
our product.
Once again, thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We
hope you will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality
products.
Sincerely,
Dorothy Knox
Representative
Global Consumer Communications

I will contact SN again now with this email attached. I wonder what would be the response...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
I contacted MAC through their website and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.......

I will contact SN again now with this email attached. I wonder what would be the response...

That's the exact same response I got from MAC (except StrawberryNet was replaced by eBay) when I unknowingly bought fake MAC pigments from eBay last April.

Hopeless. MAC doesn't care and don't want to get their hands dirty.

SpringDancer

Quote:
That's the exact same response I got from MAC (except StrawberryNet was replaced by eBay) when I unknowingly bought fake MAC pigments from eBay last April.

Hopeless. MAC doesn't care and don't want to get their hands dirty.

I was actually hoping they would write there are no markets and thus no reason for a product to have a different packaging... but I agree with them - they shouldn't be held responsible for a so-called MAC product not purchased through them.

But writing to SN is just like writing to a wall...
thmbdn.gif

This is the reply I got to my second email to them, with MAC's response attached:
Dear Customer,
Thanks for your e-mail.
Our website has been in operation for over 8 years and is based on providing high quality, genuine items at discount prices with free worldwide shipping. We do not, have not and will not sell anything other than 100% genuine items.
As per our website, we also guarantee the freshness of all our items and they are all covered by our money-back satisfaction guarantee. Customers who are less than satisfied with their purchase can return within 14 days for a full refund.
We have been on TV in Australia, New Zealand, the US and other countries on programmes profiling our high quality service and recommending our site to viewers, and having ordered with us before I am sure you will be inclined to agree. You can also check out our ratings on Bizrate.com, an independent consumer guide (there is a link here: StrawberryNET Reviews and Store Ratings at BizRate) which shows that we are very highly rated by over 75,000 customers, and our ratings are even higher than many cosmetics companies.
As you may be aware, we source our products from suppliers around the world. As such we are able to obtain items from several markets around the world.
Some companies who sell items in several different markets sometimes make small changes to their products in order to better suit that particular market. Therefore an item of a particular brand may vary slightly from country to country. For example a product sold in Japan may differ slightly in colour or formulation to the same item sold in the USA.
The changes are normally very small and will not greatly affect the performance of any particular product, so the product can still be used by those people more used to the item as it appears in their local market.
We hope this answers you queries and if there is anything further you require, please feel free to contact us again.

Your Sincerely,
Smriti
Customer Services
Perfume, Skincare, Makeup & Cosmetics from Strawberrynet
Strawberry Fields
No. 4, A Kung Ngam Village Road
Shau Kei Wan, HK
Tel: (852) 2591 0300
Fax: (852) 2811 5138

girl_devil.gif
This is SO annoying! I never had problems with other companie's products purchased through them. Do you think they actually think their MAC is original?!
th_dunno.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
but I agree with them - they shouldn't be held responsible for a so-called MAC product not purchased through them.

But writing to SN is just like writing to a wall...
thmbdn.gif

girl_devil.gif
This is SO annoying! I never had problems with other companie's products purchased through them. Do you think they actually think their MAC is original?!
th_dunno.gif

Yea well, its unfortunate that MAc doesn't want to get involved but like you said, they shouldn't be held responsible for so-called MAC product not purchased through them and I agree too.

SN is crap. Enough said! Never liked them in the first place. Seriously, SO WHAT if they have gone on tv and are involved with all that publicity stuff to be known?? Being known doesn't give them the right to sell fake MAC!

They think their MAC is original because they are delusional in that area. Like you said, writing to them is like writing to a wall!

lian_qiu

Ok, so we've established that SNet selling fake MAC, what about other brands? Anyone had experiences where they think they purchased fakes?

wheresmytea

No, never. I think I've had over 40 transactions with them over the years, and this is the first time I've had anything fake. Very disappointing, because I've always defended them in the past when similar allegations have been made. I think maybe they've been duped in this case, but it may just be wishful thinking on my part.

varga_gal

Quote:
So its true! Strawberry net is definitely and officially selling fake pigments so no doubt the eyeshadows are too!

New all-in-one MAC thread Pg 56 onwards mention that. One of the Voguettes bought a Deep Purple from Strawberry Net and swatched her older Deep Purple next to it, voila! Fake! Might get her to do take a pic of the swatch...

Hey there
greengrin.gif

I did take some pics with my phone camera, but the picture quality isn't good.

I can still post them if you want
smiles.gif

Even though the pic quality isn't all that good you can still tell the huge difference.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by varga_gal
Hey there
greengrin.gif

I did take some pics with my phone camera, but the picture quality isn't good.

I can still post them if you want
smiles.gif

Even though the pic quality isn't all that good you can still tell the huge difference.

Are you V_G?? From Vogue Forums Australia??
th_happy1.gif

Oh, please do show us some pics!
yes.gif

Xqueeze_me

Someone just bought and depooted a Nanogold e/s from SNet and that has a smooth bottom pan. :/ (Post #654)

"Case of pot luck?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Please tell? What method did you use?

I'm considering depotting my eyeshadows as I now have a palette to put them in, and it will save a lot of space

Going just off topic here just to answer this ^^.

*sighs* So I timed it. It took a while plus I depotted an old style screw top eyeshadow so that was easier. I'm sorry! My method is quite time consuming and troublesome just to depot ONE eyeshadow. It'll take even longer if you want to use the original label on the bottom and heat is the most effective method to take that off without scarring the label, although the heat will slightly distort the bottom of the eyeshadow.

rockin

I have 6 shadows I would want to de-pot, and ideally I would want to be able to use the labels as you say.

If what you're saying is that your method is a bit too troublesome for that, then I suppose EnKore's method might be preferable, even though it does involve ruining the pot (or at least the tray which holds the shadow). Would I have any trouble with the 'back to MAC' thing if I damaged the pots? I've not done 'B2M' before, and thought I might give it a go.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I have 6 shadows I would want to de-pot, and ideally I would want to be able to use the labels as you say.

If what you're saying is that your method is a bit too troublesome for that, then I suppose EnKore's method might be preferable, even though it does involve ruining the pot (or at least the tray which holds the shadow). Would I have any trouble with the 'back to MAC' thing if I damaged the pots? I've not done 'B2M' before, and thought I might give it a go.

EnKore's method is by far the easiest and best in my opinion, even if you have to cut open a small section of the tray to depot. I don't think cutting open that section of the tray would disable the tray to pop back into its original place since its the clips on the sides that holds itself onto the pot. I guess as long as you have the pot, its ok to B2M them. I B2Med my pigment jars only so I'm not too sure about eyeshadow pots. **EDIT: Just watched a "Depotting MAC eyeshadows" video and the lady said, "They (MAC) require you to have it (the tray) in the pot for B2M". Better be safe than sorry, hey!
smiles.gif

As for the labels on the bottom of the pots, use either a straightener, hair dryer or iron.

wheresmytea

Thanks to the lovely Xqueeze_me, I now have a sample of real Deep Purple pigment to compare to the one I ordered from SN. I tried to take pics in natural light, but it's so dark that it's hard. I may try and do better ones on the weekend.

The jars, SN on left, real on right:
934794.JPG

Swatched on paper and paper napkin, again, SN on left, real on right:
934797.JPG

Swatched on my arm, real on top, SN on bottom:
DeepPurplesswatchesarm3.jpg

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmytea
Thanks to the lovely Xqueeze_me, I now have a sample of real Deep Purple pigment to compare to the one I ordered from SN. I tried to take pics in natural light, but it's so dark that it's hard. I may try and do better ones on the weekend.

The jars, SN on left, real on right:

Swatched on paper and paper napkin, again, SN on left, real on right:

Swatched on my arm, real on top, SN on bottom:

Glad you got the sample! Regarding the pics, I can only tell the difference by the first pic (Fake jar vs authentic sample) and the swatch on your arm.

lian_qiu

I got Romp from the MAC Pro Store and did swatch comparisons to the one from SNet. As you can see, they look almost identical in the pan. Even the texture feel identical when I was swiping them. But the SNet one is less pigmented once swatched.

940712.JPG

lolemily

I've only seen brushes, e/s, pigments & pallettes being faked, so I think most other MAC being sold is the real deal on SNet.