Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

1165Cheryl

I returned 3 items from closet, I'm waiting for my refund which she said she will give. Just to make sure I did a dispute with paypal so there is a paper trail. I bought these to see if she sold real ones since there was much dispute about her, which is why I got 3. All three were not real...

akw

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO LET IT GO BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS BRINGING THE SAME SLANDEROUS COMMENTS UP EVERYTIME SOMEONE MENTIONS BY GUIDES! AGAIN, YOU WRITE THE GUIDES AND I'LL GLADLY REMOVE MINE. GROW UP! All you have is heresay and there are MANY who see this just by reading your posts (yes, we talk too and it's not even people you have attacked in this forum - it's just members who used to be able to use this forum for real information, but not anymore because now there IS so much slander and claims that this or that is fake when we can't even tell by looking and I assure you, we've been using MAC longer than you have, so some of these judgement calls are false). You aren't happy unless you're slamming another seller, just to try and thin out the competition! What you are doing is illegal and since you don't seem to care, I'll happily pay my attorney to pursue a slander case against you. It will be well worth it!

1165Cheryl

Many members here have been using MAC for 10+ years and pigments since they were made. I do feel the slander has gone on long enough but most of here do know the real thing. When new mac wearers come here and ask questions we try and help & give suggestions. There has been members here that turned out to be cheating other members and we talked about them also. Many of us were or still are full jar sellers or sample sellers and not just with pigments but all MAC's products. This forum is about counterfit products and our experiences with them. Like panda, the moderator, ect said it's time for this to be dropped, believe me there are more important things in life, like living....

panda0410

^^ Cheryl hunny ITA!!!
smiles.gif

I am glad you got your refund too, good to see some sellers still standing by their integrity
winks.gif

akw

I know what this forum is for AND this HAD BEEN DROPPED UNTIL SOMEONE MENTIONED MY GUIDE, THEN PANDA BROUGHT IT ALL UP AGAIN! So I am not the one who got this going again and WOULD LOVE FOR IT TO STOP!! Heresay in a public forum is called slander and it's illegal!

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw
You aren't happy unless you're slamming another seller, just to try and thin out the competition! What you are doing is illegal and since you don't seem to care, I'll happily pay my attorney to pursue a slander case against you. It will be well worth it!

Mmmmmm...tisk-tisk-tisk!

I’m not an Attorney or, anything, but I certainly hope you have yours on speed dial, because these statements reek of accusations of ill intent and conspiracy with just a touch of, not-so-subtle, textbook 101 of malicious prosecution!

Nobody likes a bully!
thmbdn.gif

aibell

Hi,

I've bought a sample of chartreuse of thebodyneeds and I liked it so much I bought a full size on e-bay (no pro store in my country). The pigment of e-bay (exquisite cosmetics) looks very different. I've read this whole thread and compared the pictures taken of an authentic chartreuse pigment. The e-bay pigment looks exactly the same, so I would think it's authentic. The sample from thebodyneeds is much paler green and has a more silvery shine then a golden yellow shine. Too bad, because I liked the paler one...

So my question is, does anyone bought chartreuse from thebodyneeds? Did you discover it as a fake?

Thanks!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Mmmmmm...tisk-tisk-tisk!

I’m not an Attorney or, anything, but I certainly hope you have yours on speed dial, because these statements reek of accusations of ill intent and conspiracy with just a touch of, not-so-subtle, textbook 101 of malicious prosecution!

Nobody likes a bully!
thmbdn.gif

When I asked for things to be kept civil, I meant everyone.

That goes for the people baiting the person who is obviously angry and upset at things that are being said about them and their work, and for the people posting angry posts.

Neither the baiting nor the angry posts are constructive or on the topic of fake pigments being provided by a certain ebay seller that is being discussed in this thread.

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
oh please, here we go again.... actually there is more than one complaint - there are several in fact both on and off this forum - yes we talk about it off the forum as well - and each person claimed you harrased them afterwards like a dog with a bone. You are right, enough is enough - now let it go or get on this forum and add something constructive yourself for a change.

You can start by admitting you sold fakes to members here.

Thanks for this post...and WOW...hopefully one day eBAY will come up with a better standard to how people can buy these products....and im mad she said she has reciepts...receipts can be found anywhere and can be duplicated...like these pigments *shaking my head* for someone who is not guilty...all i can say is hit dogs holler
ssad.gif

SkylarV217

They also sell fakes so be careful
thebodyneeds.com

After posting on here about her site , I had the WORST experience. I went through to make an order . Money's been tight here and I'd been doing really good on my budget so I decided to get myself a treat. So I went there so I could get some nice things but not pay too much. I made around a $22 order but when I went to pay with paypal it kept telling me that the payment was not completed. So I waited a couple of mins and went back through and made an order again. Since b/4 I hadn't written down what I wanted I went through and ordered the ones i liked. the order came out to 19 something .... Not exactly the same but several multiples. A couple of days later I got an e-mail saying that both of my packages had been sent out. I immediately e-mailed cheryl and told her that their had been a glitch and I double ordered . She said since the orders were not the same no Flags had been raised... And basically oh well. I e-mailed her again and said the orders may not have been exactly the same but they were very close together and had several duplicate items .... Why would i place two orders so close together with most of the items the same ? I would have just placed one order in order to save on shipping ( which is high) . Seeing as how I'm on a budget I couldn't afford to double what I was going to spend. With her unwillingness to try to work out a solution , I opened a paypal dispute for an unauthorized charge.... because I was told it didn't go through. She then got very short and refunded both of my orders. The whole situation could have been handled a lot differently. I was very disappointed b/c I was so thrilled to find the site and had already been spreading news about it.... So in short be careful with payment....

SkylarV217

PS... Does anyone have a semi comprehensive list of items being faked.... a list of colors... I know pigments , but does this extend to lipglasses, eyeshadows, How big is this ring of counterfeits?

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
PS... Does anyone have a semi comprehensive list of items being faked.... a list of colors... I know pigments , but does this extend to lipglasses, eyeshadows, How big is this ring of counterfeits?

Hi..they are mostly doing pigments & brush's, I have heard about a few regular eyeshadows also but not many of those personally. Others here will know more since I sell mainly pigments/glitters. Closet is pretty good at returning your money. I buy 95% of my colors direct . Sometimes I buy from people like the name I mentioned on purpose to see if they are selling the real stuff. That way we know who is or isnt selling the real thing. I always get a refund but have been so busy I havent had time to buy/see who's stuff is real or not.

There is a list here with some Ebay sellers you can trust. Or if you find something you like and arent sure, run their name by people here
thmbup.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217

Post #207 in 'Identifying MAC Pigments' thread (you have to highlight the page to see the list) shows a list of fake pigments, glitters and eyeshadows. I have seen fake Barbie lipglasses but that's pretty much it.

I bought some pretty grim faked mascaras a while back, and saw some great Barbie eyeshadows which were dodgy as wel (there were 8 different colours apparantly!)

elegant-one

so, are you guys saying that all that Closetmustgo sells are fakes including brushes?

I've purchased a few things from her, & they are all authentic.

panda0410

^^ no, and nobody said that either. If you had read the thread you would see that what was said was that SOME of her items are fake, not all. I too have bought from her and the items I got from her were real, but other people here HAVE gotten fake items from her.

look_divine

had 2 paypal disputes with closetmustgo, both decided in her favour this morning
sent back to usa from uk by international signed for, they were signed for in the usa
then paypal asked for a letter off mac, well as the items had been returned to the usa I could not get them to mac for authenticity sooooooo,
paypal asked me on thursday for proof of postage, well after 3 months i couldnt find it so emailed them stating i have returned them and they have been signed for
today no refund! disputes were given to her for I dunno reason, so what does paypal expect you to do? travel to the sellers house and get your money?
this been going on since late feb - early mar
why have paypal protection? I lost the money and also the items I bought so so disappointing
thmbdn.gif

chameleonmary

Is there any way you can take this dispute to authorities etc look_divine? Paypal love their sellers because they bring them $$$ and its frustrating. In Aus we have the Department of Fair Trading I am not sure what the equivalent is in the US.