Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

panda0410

This looks like one of the new updated fakes, the frosty label, shiny lid are hallmarks of them. I know photos of colour arent alwasy accurate but that doesnt look like Electric Coral to me either.

MissX

Wow I'm totally bummed about this I thought she was a trustworthy seller. Do these look like fakes? I bought them from her a few months ago and haven't actually used them. I just want to know so I can throw them away. I know its kind of hard to see and I don't have the boxes anymore but maybe the actual containers will give something away. The rose pigment did seem to not have much colour to it I had to wipe it on my hand 3 or 4 times to get any decent colour out of it. Thanks
smiles.gif

RoseKitschmas.jpg

Swatches on my hand:
Swatches.jpg

panda0410

The kitschmas is almost certainly real, and from what I can see so is the Rose. There were some fake Rose pigments with the same batch number as yours, but the bases on those fakes were different to yours which looks real to me. It should have fairly obvious gold/copper sparkle in the pigment - the fakes never had that.The electric coral is way off, real electric coral unless its wet applies quite sheerly actually and this swatch is very bright!

Xqueeze_me

The Electric Coral is way off and fake, my dear.

I can sort of see a trend going as well with the pigments itself.. it tends to "stain" or "dye" the inner plastic lid.

- Fake box: Shiny
- Fake label on bottom of jar: Frosty. Should be transparent/clear
- Black screw top lid is too shiny compared to authentic MAC's
- Pigment shade is WAY OFF (Although mentioned in other threads that colours can't distinguish whether its fake BUT this Electric Coral is way off!)

MissX

Could you lovely people take a look at these two blushcremes I got from closetmustgo and tell me your opinions. I don't have another blushcreme to compare to. Thanks
smiles.gif
The actual back labels wouldn't come out very well with my camera sorry.
Left is Britwit and right is Pleasureful.
Front:
Blushfront.jpg

Back:
Blushback.jpg

MissX

I have just emailed closetmustgo saying I want a refund for all the mac products I purchased off her as I do not want to risk infection from fake products and hopefully she will just refund me and I won't have to open a dispute!

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I think you have 45 days with paypal - but you need to have opened a dispute first

Paypal has begun to require proof that MAC pigments are fake before they will consider it as such. This proves to be a problem because MAC refuses to give a statement to you stating authenticity or lack of authenticity because the product was not purchased for them. So you may be completely out of luck. Sorry Girl

SkylarV217

If we are all talking about the same chick on ebay we should probably all go to her MAC listings and report her for selling counterfeit items. Ebay will pull her listing and she could get into some legal issues with MAC...... Just a thought.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
Paypal has begun to require proof that MAC pigments are fake before they will consider it as such. This proves to be a problem because MAC refuses to give a statement to you stating authenticity or lack of authenticity because the product was not purchased for them. So you may be completely out of luck. Sorry Girl

mac dont refuse at all. i have seen and known of several letters provided from mac to people asking for authenticity statements, even for items bought from ebay.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
mac dont refuse at all. i have seen and known of several letters provided from mac to people asking for authenticity statements, even for items bought from ebay.

Is that recently ? I may just have gotten someone that didn't want to deal with it...

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissX
Wow I'm totally bummed about this I thought she was a trustworthy seller. Do these look like fakes? I bought them from her a few months ago and haven't actually used them. I just want to know so I can throw them away. I know its kind of hard to see and I don't have the boxes anymore but maybe the actual containers will give something away. The rose pigment did seem to not have much colour to it I had to wipe it on my hand 3 or 4 times to get any decent colour out of it. Thanks
smiles.gif

RoseKitschmas.jpg

Swatches on my hand:
Swatches.jpg

Look for an ebay guide called Fake MAC Pigments. They have all of the ways listed to tell if they are fake or not down to the color of the writing on the box

panda0410

Quote:
Try thebodyneeds mac pigment samples lip balm

They also sell fakes so be careful

Quote:
Is that recently ? I may just have gotten someone that didn't want to deal with it...

Probably! Try a different MA or ask for the manager
winks.gif

Quote:
Look for an ebay guide called Fake MAC Pigments. They have all of the ways listed to tell if they are fake or not down to the color of the writing on the box

If you are talking about the guide written by wc-racer then please read through the other threads here - she sold fake pigments and eyeshadows to members on specktra, besides the fact that her guides are several years out of date and I wouldnt rely on her info for much in light of the fact that she has sold fakes....the proof is in the swatches within this forum....

akw

Panda,
I suggest you stop with the slander! Paypal has my MAC receipts! ONE complaint out of almost 20,000 (you can more than double that since half don't leave FB) is NOT GROUNDS FOR CONTINUING TO SLANDER ME and the next action won't be so nice. Enough is enough!

akw

By the way, if you are so concerned about my guides on Ebay, that AT LEAST I TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE AND KEEP UP WITH FOR A LONG TIME (& it has NOT been several years since THEY were updated), then YOU WRITE THE GUIDES ON EBAY AND INCLUDE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF THE INFORMATION ON EVERY FAKE MAC ITEM OUT THERE AND YOU SPEND A COUPLE OF HOURS EVERY DAY, ANSWERING THE EMAIL AND CHECKING ITEMS FOR PEOPLE. All of these pigments you call fake, are NOT all fake and one of these days, this will come back to bite you. You have NO personal knowledge of most of this (except the few YOU have received AND NONE CAME FROM ME). So go right ahead and write the guides (IN FULL ON EVERY FAKE MAC ITEM) & I will gladly remove mine since every time someone says to read those guides, you slander me again - and it is slander, as you have NO personal knowledge of this!

panda0410

oh please, here we go again.... actually there is more than one complaint - there are several in fact both on and off this forum - yes we talk about it off the forum as well - and each person claimed you harrased them afterwards like a dog with a bone. You are right, enough is enough - now let it go or get on this forum and add something constructive yourself for a change.

You can start by admitting you sold fakes to members here.

girloflowers

I'm glad i found this thread, i was considering buying pigments on ebay to build my collection a little but i think I'll stick to the clearance bin on here.