Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Sushi.

sorry i commented before seeing your reply with the pics, but ya that green brown is WAAAYYYY different. I am pretty much 100% positive that mine is fake now. That is what i was hoping for (the real color) not this gold.

Thank you very much for the photos, you really reassured me.
greengrin.gif

I have asked for a refund. When i get my money back i will buy some of the real one.

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
hell my green brown dont look like that
ssad.gif

Really? It should have a green reflection to it.. I took these pics in my bathroom with flash on. I know its definately green brown though..

Jade1012

ok I did some research and here's what I found: I recently (as in a day or so ago) got pigments delivered from MAC. They both had silver stickers on the bottom. I know Mac wouldn't sell fakes. So if anyone can clarify the sticker thing for me I would be very appreciative. I will also be contacting MAC sometime next week and I will post what they say.

I have bought a few items from closetmustgo and I have had them authenticated by a friend who works for MAC. She says the two piggies I bought from her were real. I am beginning to think that yes she does sell the real deal but like some of us she has fallen prey to others that she buys from. I am not defending her in anyway... just writing an observation. However one seller to stay away from.... jewlz4ever. He/ she sold me counterfeit brushes. They are all SE editions and they are stamped made in China. He has other items for sale Piggies, e/s that should be avoided.

Jade

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade1012
ok I did some research and here's what I found: I recently (as in a day or so ago) got pigments delivered from MAC. They both had silver stickers on the bottom. I know Mac wouldn't sell fakes. So if anyone can clarify the sticker thing for me I would be very appreciative. I will also be contacting MAC sometime next week and I will post what they say.

I have bought a few items from closetmustgo and I have had them authenticated by a friend who works for MAC. She says the two piggies I bought from her were real. I am beginning to think that yes she does sell the real deal but like some of us she has fallen prey to others that she buys from. I am not defending her in anyway... just writing an observation. However one seller to stay away from.... jewlz4ever. He/ she sold me counterfeit brushes. They are all SE editions and they are stamped made in China. He has other items for sale Piggies, e/s that should be avoided.

Jade

pro piggies and glitters have clear stickers, regular colours have silver stickers.

I dont care where she got them from, some of them ARE fake and she should bloody well admit it. MAC is not so inconsistent that colour or grade could vary so much (as she tried to blame this even...) - has she not ever heard of company quality control checks????...............

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
pro piggies and glitters have clear stickers, regular colours have silver stickers.

I dont care where she got them from, some of them ARE fake and she should bloody well admit it. MAC is not so inconsistent that colour or grade could vary so much (as she tried to blame this even...) - has she not ever heard of company quality control checks????...............

you go girlfriend
smiles.gif

hey can you check E/S?
i purchased 4 off closet and want to check them
I depotted a surreal E/S and its got an indented bttom its not smooth as indicated in another thread
ssad.gif

Jade1012

Quote:

absolutely she should admit it if she knows they are fakes..never said she shouldn't. and thanks for the sticker clarification.. my MAC friend is in the Bahamas and I could not ask her. If she is selling fakes she should be accountable. As for myself... screw it... I am NEVER buying another MAC item from EBAY again... I am so mad at myself about the brushes.
angry.gif

Jade

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
your saying there all authentic?

Yes, the pictures from the 1st post are authentic. The copper sparkle picture posted from Specktra member Kana...I'm unsure. I'm about to go take pictures of the 4 pigments that I have now to compare.

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Yes, the pictures from the 1st post are authentic. The copper sparkle picture posted from Specktra member Kana...I'm unsure. I'm about to go take pictures of the 4 pigments that I have now to compare.

check my copper sparkle out
look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
plus the deep blue green one thn tell me there real

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
check my copper sparkle out
look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
plus the deep blue green one thn tell me there real

I don't have a jar of a Copper Sparkle to compare it to your picture, but the font of copper sparkle as well as how the date code is imprinted on there is correct. However, as previously mentioned, the wording on the back of the jar of the Copper Sparkle isn't the same as the other jars.

The Deep Blue Green font is correct, but there's no date code. And I think whoever you purchased this pigment from bought wholesale from the MAC warehouse in Canada because I am aware there's tons of MAC eyeshadows as well as pigments that were recently sold as wholesale lots and perhaps some of the eBay sellers bought them to resell. If the Deep Blue Green pigment box you purchased has a date code printed on the barcode and the spacing and font of the box is the same of the regular one, I would say it's authentic simply because maybe there was an error when MAC printed the label or maybe the tons of eyeshadows and pigments that came from MAC's warehouse in Canada were the ones that had some sort of error that were released to liquidation companies.

For example, I recall a previous post saying that she purchased a MAC pigment from MAC Cosmetics online and received a pigment with no label on the bottom of the jar. Since it came from MAC and the fonts and everything are correct regardless of no label on the bottom of the jar, I would say it's authentic. If it was me and that having no label on the bottom of the jar bothers me, then I would ask MAC for an exchange. That's just my opinion though.

panda0410

Quote:
I don't have a jar of a Copper Sparkle to compare it to your picture, but the font of copper sparkle as well as how the date code is imprinted on there is correct. However, as previously mentioned, the wording on the back of the jar of the Copper Sparkle isn't the same as the other jars.

The Deep Blue Green font is correct, but there's no date code. And I think whoever you purchased this pigment from bought wholesale from the MAC warehouse in Canada because I am aware there's tons of MAC eyeshadows as well as pigments that were recently sold as wholesale lots and perhaps some of the eBay sellers bought them to resell. If the Deep Blue Green pigment box you purchased has a date code printed on the barcode and the spacing and font of the box is the same of the regular one, I would say it's authentic simply because maybe there was an error when MAC printed the label or maybe the tons of eyeshadows and pigments that came from MAC's warehouse in Canada were the ones that had some sort of error that were released to liquidation companies.

did you have a look at the "UPDATED FAKES" thread a bit lower down? the deep blue green without the batch code and cloudy label really is fake - swatches in thread will show this
ssad.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
did you have a look at the "UPDATED FAKES" thread a bit lower down? the deep blue green without the batch code and cloudy label really is fake - swatches in thread will show this
ssad.gif

No, I haven't. I will though as soon as I am finished taking pictures of the 4 pigments and have them uploaded. It's taking me awhile because I took 4 pictures of each pigment
th_wink3.gif
Thanks for pointing the link out.

panda0410

Quote:
No, I haven't. I will though as soon as I am finished taking pictures of the 4 pigments and have them uploaded. It's taking me awhile because I took 4 pictures of each pigment
th_wink3.gif
Thanks for pointing the link out.

thats ok
winks.gif
the deep blue green was sent to halocaustic to compare against her store bought deep blue green - the swatches are apparent. there is also white and deep purple in the same format, basic red and a few others including chartuese and emerald green which I think is why this thread is being so scrutinised, the only difference is that the fakes in white, deep purple, emerald green etc DO have batch codes (I guess they remembered to add them to those ones...lol!) - and these were taken from authentic stock!! the only real test now is swatching
ssad.gif

look_divine

my brain is totally frazzzled have no idea what to think or do anymore
ssad.gif

so im off to my bed as its 3am here
nite and thanks to all for your help
xxx

ExquisiteImages

Here's the pictures of the 4 pigments that were purchased from MAC Pro NY and MAC Pro online (I don't remember exactly which pigment I purchased from NY or online). Theses pictures were taken under fluorescent light. I didn't sharpen or enhance the picture in any way. I only added the watermark and resized the pictures. If anyone needs me to retake any picture or would like to see a big version of the picture, PLMK. I don't mind at all.

emeraldgreen.jpg

emeraldgreen2.jpg

emeraldgreen3.jpg

emeraldgreen4.jpg

grape.jpg

grape2.jpg

grape3.jpg

grape4.jpg

grape5.jpg

kellygreen.jpg

kellygreen2.jpg

kellygreen3.jpg