Giveaway 12/22/07 - Congrats Cosmopolitics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimSwim

Re: Giveaway 12/22/07 - "Dirty" Berry MAC combo

My favourite Christmas activity, is breakfast with my family on Christmas morning.

Opalmoon

My Christmas tradition is watching the It's a Wonderful Life on TV - it's just puts me on right mood for the rest of the holidays.

alien21xx

I love the Christmas dinner! We seldom have anything flashy or expensive during Christmas dinner but I really love the time that my whole family can get together because most of us are living in different countries now and the only time we really get to sit down as one (huge) family is during the dinner on Christmas eve.

Girl about town

ours is going round everyones house on xmas eve then settling down with a nice glass of wine before we play santa and put all the gifts out for my son xxxx

Purity

My favourite holiday tradition is decorating our christmas tree together with my mum and sister the day before christmas eve
smiles.gif

pahblov

Driving around our city and looking at all the Christmas lights!

JGmac

My favorite tradition is making a Christmas tree cake with my mom.
smiles.gif

oddinary

With my friends, we love to go out for lunch and share our presents. With my family, we usually walk the streets to see the lovely Christmas decorations and enjoy a nice dinner together.

lizardprincesa

When I was growing up, the house was always beautiful with Chanukah Lights. We were not religious, but the festive holiday Glowed. My mother would light several menorahs, some with actual flames, & others, electric. (Electric menorahs were usually displayed in the window.) My grandparents owned the house, & lived upstairs. They always came downstairs. My father, who is a pianist, would play songs, & my sister, brother, & I would sing along & play spinning the dreidal.

Every Night, for 8 Nights, we'd each receive a little present; when we were little, gifts were books, records, pencils, crayons, little toys, etc.....My grandparents always gave us *gelt,* which was a little bit of money.

As we grew up, presents became slightly larger & more sophisticated, but I still remember at least a little something every Night of 8! ~My grandparents owned a shop which sold all kinds of things, including *toys*! So we often got wonderful presents, although we never expected extravagance (for which I'm grateful.)

My mother &/or grandmother would always make latkes (potato pancakes). We often ate them with apple sauce, I think. Yuuummmy!

I'm sad writing this, as I miss it so much. Everything changed as we grew up & left home.

I will never forget the Eighth Night of Chanukah, all those flames & Lights burning; the warmth, the aromas, the songs, the food, the Music...

I'm married to a man who's quite secular, but from a place in England, where, it seemed, everyone celebrates XMas. I know people celebrate Hanukah in other parts of England, but where we were, it was virtually unheard of. However, my angel husband always gave me a Hannukah card, reminded me to light the little gold-toned menorah my parents sent me, & helped me to feel less alien. In turn, I accompanied him to his parents' house for XMas, where we ate dinner, received lovely gifts, & watched TV, as the Queen gave her yearly
Christmas address to Britain.

Now we're in my NY State. My hubby made sure to remind me to light the menorah, & I was lovingly gifted (MAC
smiles.gif
although we truly can't afford it. (I didn't get it for 8 Nights
winkiss.gif
but I have done a bit of online haulage, which I haven't completely finished. (I hope to do my 1st haul report here
smiles.gif

My husband is desperately homesick. He hasn't been home since 2005. We have a small XMas tree, & I've been able to find his favorite hard cider from England, as well as a few other gifties. We will always have *both* holidays in our Home. Leo, our son, will LOVE it, as it will mean extra gifts!
smiles.gif
I'm going to try to give my husband the best XMas I can. I'm cooking him a big dinner, &
hoping to make it lovely for him, even though he can't see his family, again...Poor Rob.....

I think I wrote too
much, as usual. sorry!
ssad.gif

I wish everyone here a beautiful season, whether or not you celebrate any particular holiday. This time of year can be
stressful, as well as beautiful. I hope you all enjoy sparkly Days, & Starry Nights!

love from CherylFaith

Chanel_MAC

My favorite holiday tradition... Decorating the three with my daughters (and when I was younger, with my mom). Every year we get a new ornament for that year as well, and everyone pics their own. This is my 3 y.o.'s first "real" Christmas, so she had the honor of putting the angel on top of the tree
smiles.gif

hotpink1326

Ooo, very good theme for this contest... i think i'll try
smiles.gif

I didnt have many real traditions growing up. One that really stands out was putting up this beautiful nativity set that was my grandmothers. She would always call me when she was decorating so i could come over & add that! Since shes past, it is now mine to have & still enjoy setting up each year!! I'd also hop in the car with my dad on x-mas eve & drive around to look at all the beautiful lights around town! Their was this one street that everyone on the street did crazy lights! We would always end the night with that!!

Since Lisa & I have been together... Christmas time with her family is always special. My family has all moved all over the country so i count on my other family (hers) to make this time of the year special & they ALWAYS do!! I enjoy the holidays so much with them though... They have welcomed me as a part of their family & include me in all their traditions!!

We always do x-mas eve as our x-mas. We bring over loads of gifts & by the time everyone has thier gifts in the living room... it's not just under the tree!! Sometimes we have to find a place to sit cause their are so many its hard to move around , lol!! Lisa's mom always cooks a beautiful meal & bakes lots of cookies!! After the meal, we all get out 1st present of the night from her mom which is always pajamas & slippers (we get them for her too) We have to change before we open any other gifts!! Its so cosy & as much as i miss my family at this time of the year... they make it so special for me that i dont have time to be sad!!

Unfortunitly, none of that is happening this year! Lisa & I are saving up for our wedding in April & we all agreed to not spend any extra money that we dont have to. Sadly, that cuts out x-mas this year! We are all agreeing to make up for it next year but its still sad to think about! So, for the 1st time, Lisa & I invited her family over our house for x-mas eve & were just going to cook a nice dinner. Thats all! Atleast we can all be together...

Starz777

My favorite holiday tradition happens on Christmas Eve. Each person at the dinner table gives an individual Christmas wish to each person there. The wish is brief but personal and heart warming.
th_thb5ed765e.gif

Moppit

My favourite holiday tradition is to relax with family and friends.

FullWroth

My favorite holiday tradition is decorating the house with lights and sparkly glittery things and then kicking back as the sun's going down, and turning it all on to watch the light show. There's just something about soft, warm lights bouncing of tinselly things and glittery ornaments while it's all snowy and dark outside that you can't replace.

MaryaHari

My favorite holiday tradition is our family game. Every Christmas and most Thanksgivings after we've had dinner and opened presents, we play some sort of board game usually involving trivia and/or bluffing people. There are like 30 something loud Italians all trying to the yell the answer the loudest in one small living room. It gets pretty crazy =) Usually it comes down to my uncle and one of my aunts, but now that I'm older and have become quite the trivia buff I usually give them all a run for their money too.

Ms. Ann Thrope

I love decorating the tree with my family, and cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning...<3

eastsidesunset

Every Christmas I bust out the presents and wrap them while watching White Christmas. Done this every years for over a decade!

Status
Not open for further replies.