Giveaway 12/22/07 - Congrats Cosmopolitics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jilliandanica

Re: Giveaway 12/22/07 - "Dirty" Berry MAC combo

My favorite Xmas tradition is making my mom's secret family recipe holiday ham haha. it's so yum!

girlsaidwhat

When I was a kid, it was opening that one present on Xmas eve in anticipation...or being up in my room while the grownups ...did whatever they were doing while I waited for "Santa"...and looked out the window to see if I could see a red light up in the sky.

As I got older, it was a cool post-divorce tradition that I got to spend Xmas eve with my mom's family opening presents and celebrating our blessings...and then doing it again the next day with my dad's side of the family.

Now, I've noticed that the "traditions" tend to change from year to year, as the world changes. My family has gotten less swept up in the commercial aspects of the season and is more focused on using the excuse of the holiday for time together. I love that, and it feels so much more real to me than any blood rush from opening a lot of presents ever brought when I was a kid.

shadowaddict

My favorite tradition is reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve with everyone sitting around the tree with all the lights off except for the tree lights.

Cosmopolitics

It's a newer tradition, albeit a lazy one.

Around this time we watch all of the good Christmas-themed stuff we have. Not the generic A Christmas Story or It's A Wonderful Life or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but stuff such as the Beavis and Butthead Christmas Specials (my favorite one is the one where they just watch Christmas music videos, it's hilarious), the He-Man Christmas special, the Mystery Science Theater version of the Mexican movie "Santa Claus", and Bad Santa. To us, it injects a bit of cheer back into a season that has become generic and unjoyful.

KitCat007

Yep we do the one present thing on Christmas Eve also, we did this when I was a child so I have passed that on to my kiddo's. I also love to bake Christmas cookies with my kids, they love to put the sprinkles on.
smiles.gif

urbanlilyfairy

My christmas tradition is that my husband and i buy 1 new ornament each year to add to the tree .... it is always fun shopping and deciding what 1 ornament to get ..it usually takes us days lol...

The_N

my favorite holiday tradition is chinese new year when both my parents wake up early in the morning to cook vegetarian food. we're not vegetarian, but it's something we do every new year morning. after the food is ready, my parents would wake us up to eat all together. we say our blessings to each other wishing each other a happy new year, good health, and etc. in my family, we don't celebrate new year for just one day. it goes on for about a week. all our relatives would come over for dinner and we would do the same. everyone having dinner at each others place, that's when i really get to see my cousins and other people i haven't seen in a very long time. it's great, we get to talk and catch up. seeing all the little kids running around and full of laughter is just wonderful. it's a very warm feeling seeing happiness all around me.

macfeen

Every year I celebrate Christmas eve with my dad's side of the fam, since my mom's side is all out of the country. As a family tradition, each member of the fam must bring an ornament that would represent something of importance. Usually something we're thankful for. What's really nice is that since all of us cousins are now older and we're extending our own family, the tree looks much more fuller. Then we'll have a Christmas biblical trvia game and win money. Since our family is huge, we do white elephant in each other's generation, so adults exchange and the cousins exchange. We all end the night with midnight mass. And now that I have a husband and baby girl, I spend Christmas Day with his fam.

mochabean

My Favorite Holiday tradition--Christmas Eve someone designated in the family (usually my Grandma or Granda) will take a small desert saucer, wrap it in a cloth napkin, and break it. Then each one of the family members takes a piece of the broken saucer. We each hide the piece of broken saucer somewhere in the house where no one sees us hiding it. While we hide it, we make a little wish for the upcoming New Year. It's supposed to give us "good luck." I have no idea who first thought up this idea, but I've been doing this since I was a small kid and it is the most fun thing in the world to do. And the weirdest thing, usually all of my wishes end up coming true! LOL! Of course I don't ever do wishful thinking like "win the lottery" or something. . . but more practical wishes.

neeshie

Roast potatoes!
We were in Australia last year and so missed it, my husband was very disappointed.
This year we go on vacation Christmas day so Christmas has been rescheduled - its today!!!!

syrene78

Drinking "Vin Chaud" on the evening in front of the fireplace!

onionbooty

Having a drink with my family along with our dinner... and especially PRESENTS how I love it. Oh, and decorating the tree... I just loveee all of Christmas in general!

My favorite Holiday tradition is lightening Hanuka candles with my family and singing Hanuka songs!
smiles.gif

Babylard

My tradition is a new one.

I moved away from my family and out of the provence so I don't get to see them often. The holidays is the perfect time where I can hurry up with my exams and come back home to be with my family.

My favourite holiday tradition is coming back home and just being able to eat dinner with my family. (It really sucks eating dinner alone!)

lilifee

Our Christmas tradition is to meet with the whole family on the 24 th of dezember- which is our x-mas day over here in Germany- cooking some very nice food and dessert or cookies , having a nice wine and talkink till late at night + this year we will make a champagne gathering in the white frozen garden around the fireplace.

Merry x-mas to all of u
yahoo.gif

Cutey

As i dont celebrate Christmas cause i am a Muslim, but we have Eid to celebtrate twice a year and on the first day the family gets all dressed up and we go and visit the family and the kids are given money as gifts.

We then all gather for lunch and plan what we are going to do for the next 3 days!! Either a bbq at a park, or take the kids out to funland, movies whatever it is we do together!!

Corvs Queen

My favorite Holiday tradition is being with my family. I don't get to see them much but we always make a way to be home for Christmas. The husband and I can't fly home this Christmas so the Grandparents (like my parents) are coming to us. I can't wait. We all gather around the tree on Christmas morning and eat cinnamon rolls and coffee while listening to Christmas music and then we open our presents and take pictures while we're still in our jammies.

CantAffordMAC

My favorite holiday tradition is on Christmas Eve, my mom has always let me and all my siblings open only one gift. That gift is always pajamas. Every one of us acts as though we don't know what we're opening. But we know.
sneaky.gif
Thats just my silly little Christmas tradition.

ilorietta

I come from a big italian family so it's tradition to spend Xmas eve together and new year's eve together and eat looooots of foof, panettone, pandoro and lots of dry fruit...it'always at least 20-25 of us but there are 100 all over the world

Status
Not open for further replies.