(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Twinkle_Twinkle

I was just checking out Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Sandstone (online) right before coming back to this thread.
I don't know if any of you ladies have it. I'm just curious to know if it looks good on NC44-NC45 skin tones.

Oh lawd, Brownye20! Now you've done it. There goes Jaymuse.
girlhaha.gif

I was already a full blown HL addict before coming here a couple of weeks ago. I'm just happy to find a bunch of ladies whom I can share my addiction with and not feel chastised.
I'm the only makeup junkie amongst my group of friends, so it feels good to fit in somewhere. Your new born addiction is welcomed here (even if we did lead you to it
girlhaha.gif
).
grouphug2.gif
I'm NW45 and I have Sandstone. I think most/all of the Shimmerbricks work on most/all skin tones to be honest. It reminds me a lot of Looxi Honeychild actually. I can do some comparison swatches later.

Icecaramellatte

Did you guys see this highlighter by Bobbi Brown? I think it's new. It looks like the same pattern from the holidays. I bought the bronze or copper shade but I think there was pink one. Is this the same thing? It is called Naked Pink. Maybe it will be sold separately. Any info?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Bobbi-Brown-Naked-Pink-Collection/prod183850310_cat18030756__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat18030756%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DSELLABLE_DATE%257C1%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod183850310&cmCat=product

Vineetha

Did you guys see this highlighter by Bobbi Brown?  I think it's new.  It looks like the same pattern from the holidays.  I bought the bronze or copper shade but I think there was pink one.  Is this the same thing?  It is called Naked Pink.  Maybe it will be sold separately.  Any info? http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Bobbi-B...ements%3D&eItemId=prod183850310&cmCat=product
Ooo looks nice!! It's not the pink from the holidays!! It was a lot less pink and a different packaging too (though the promo image could be photoshopped and maybe it's the same)!! I see it's only available as a set though !! :sigh: ETA: it could be for this year's breast cancer awareness campaign!!!

Medgal07

Did you guys see this highlighter by Bobbi Brown? I think it's new. It looks like the same pattern from the holidays. I bought the bronze or copper shade but I think there was pink one. Is this the same thing? It is called Naked Pink. Maybe it will be sold separately. Any info?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Bobbi-Brown-Naked-Pink-Collection/prod183850310_cat18030756__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat18030756%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526Ns%253DSELLABLE_DATE%257C1%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod183850310&cmCat=product
Interesting. Thanks ICL------I'll have to mull this over.

Medgal07

ETA: it could be for this year's breast cancer awareness campaign!!!
Now there's a thought. I've gotten BB's BCA products in the past. If it's for BCA I'll definitely consider it but wouldn't they have said that???
shrugs.gif
I know you'll find out
Vee---our resident super sleuth!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Brownye20

Oh lawd, Brownye20! Now you've done it. There goes Jaymuse. :haha:   I was already a full blown HL addict before coming here a couple of weeks ago. I'm just happy to find a bunch of ladies whom I can share my addiction with and not feel chastised.  I'm the only makeup junkie amongst my group of friends, so it feels good to fit in somewhere. Your new born addiction is welcomed here (even if we did lead you to it :haha: ). :grouphug:   [/quote] This is so true...It's same with me and my group of friends. I'm thankful for this Forum.

cocomomo80

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238304913/curiouser-blueteal-highlight-powder?ref=listing-shop-header-2

I. CANT. EVEN!!!!!!!!
Aaaahhh, com'on!! I didn't even have my breakfast tea yet, and I'm staring down makeup.
NeedCoffee.gif

I was doing so well this weekend. I only looked, but didn't touch/buy. I'm a hopeless case.
But with that being said... that Gleam & Glow, Curiouser and True Love's Kiss, though!

Quote: Originally Posted by Brownye20

This is so true...It's same with me and my group of friends.
I'm thankful for this Forum.
I hear ya.
First, they give you the side-eye, like, "Is she talking about makeup, again?!"
But when they need advise for makeup, you're the first person they turn to, right?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Aaaahhh, com'on!! I didn't even have my breakfast tea yet, and I'm staring down makeup.
NeedCoffee.gif

I was doing so well this weekend. I only looked, but didn't touch/buy. I'm a hopeless case.
But with that being said... that Gleam & Glow, Curiouser and True Love's Kiss, though!

I hear ya.
First, they give you the side-eye, like, "Is she talking about makeup, again?!"
But when they need advise for makeup, you're the first person they turn to, right?
I NEED the blue one. I wonder if the pans fit in MAC blush palettes…? Maybe @DLuxJessica can fill us in? Also Looxi has three "coming soon" highlighters up that don't yet have pictures. I have been checking the website at regular intervals, lol.

Monsy

I was just checking out Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Sandstone (online) right before coming back to this thread.
I don't know if any of you ladies have it. I'm just curious to know if it looks good on NC44-NC45 skin tones.
I think it is amazing on medium and deeper skin tones
I am nc20 and it's awful on me. Too dark. Honestly one of my biggest purchase fails

Twinkle_Twinkle

So I just pulled the trigger on those highlighters. I have basically given up on my no/low-buy for August. I'll start anew in September. Le sigh.

On a un-highlighter related side note: Since I've thrown in the towel, I might as well try and get RiRi II Viva Glam, as I saw it at a sleepy MAC counter a few weeks ago.

Icecaramellatte

I posted this link to a video in the Armani thread but it may be of interest here too as she uses Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond.

http://www.specktra.net/t/175036/armani-discussion/2730#post_3007782

cocomomo80

So I just pulled the trigger on those highlighters. I have basically given up on my no/low-buy for August. I'll start anew in September. Le sigh.

On a un-highlighter related side note: Since I've thrown in the towel, I might as well try and get RiRi II Viva Glam, as I saw it at a sleepy MAC counter a few weeks ago.
Start anew in September? So does that mean you won't be buying the Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighters when they drop?
sneaky.gif
You know, they're coming soon.