How does your boyfriend react to your love of makeup?

blondemafia76

Welp Mr Princess (yes that's his name and he likes it) and I have been married 11 years this year, and he STILL doesn't get it. Sometimes I think that he thinks that he met a throw on some jeans and t shirt girl all those years ago, but I whip out the piccys and prove to him, that no, I am this same girl, lol, who loves her makeup. He is more tolerant though, esp since even though I have to have my makeup on, I can get down in dirty with him.

Case in point, we have a HUGE love of 4wheeling. We are even going to a place in Schulenburg, TX this weekend called Mudbuddys. But everyone is always amazed that I can be covered in mud, but my makeup isn't ever smeared.
winks.gif
Thats how I roll, yo. (now, my face may have mud on it... and lipglass may be a little grainy from the mud, but its still there)

TamiChoi

He doesn't really care for it when I have it on, he knows I'm obsessed with MAC though so he wants to "buy all the Mac products" just for me
greengrin.gif
[when he has $ of course] haha.
can't wait lol!

bama_beauty

the guy i'm currently dating doesn't really care. he says that he loves natural beauty, but doesn't throw a hissy fit whenever i cake it on. he does hate fake lashes though. and i love them dearly.

Miss_Jackie

Im really lucky because my man is a Stage Actor and since I am a Stage makeup student right now he is fully supportive and tells me he likes that I am using my art and developing my craft. And best of all he doesnt wince when I spend 400 bucks in a 3 day trip to vegas between Sephora, OCC and the pro store!

gabi03

I"m so lucky, my boyfriend actually likes the makeup i put on. He even watches all my tutorials on youtube and gives me feedback. I love it when he waits for me to do my makeup before we leave, he's awesome

Blushbaby

He doesn't complain. I get packages sent from Sephora and U.S Ebay sent to his house all the time!

He even stays with me in MAC while I get mini-makeovers! Now that's love! I'm like "Baby ...you can go you know. Meet me back here in about half an hr, I'm gonna be a while" and he'll be like "Nah baby, I'm straight. You do what you have to do".

Give this man a medal!!
yahoo.gif

l1onqueen

Mine just doesnt get it. His favorite things to say are "you dont need it, you lok better with out it, these colors look the same, etc." He is very frugal and has yet to wrap his mind around $14.00 eyeshadow

My boyfriend has been with me for sixteen months and has known me for five years, so he's seen my 'evolution' of appearance, if you like. There are things he loves and others, not so much.

He loves my everyday 'pin up' look, especially red lipstick, and he loves when we're going out or seeing each other and I do something different with my makeup. I usually stay at his after work and wear pretty dull makeup and he likes when he sees me in something different like purple lipstick (Mac Violetta and Up The Amp mixed) or with a smokey eye. Is that weird? He's kind of the 'artsy' type (he'd hate that I said that) so he appreciates my makeup in moderation.

He hates when I do my makeup in his room for work in the morning and get it all over the place and he gets freaked out when I brandish my eyelash curlers. He always says I look 'sweet' and 'young' without makeup and I think there are days when he'd rather I didn't wear it, but he knows I don't wear it in a peacock sort of manner, as in to attract others and make a spectacle. He does think the prices are insane though. He looked almost a bit ill when I asked him to lay off kissing me because I'd just put on my first YSL lipstick and was trying to savour all £23 worth of it for a few minutes. I just like that he lets me get on with it (lets me 'be me') but appreciates when I put in the effort and has a 'favourite' look. Aw.

I have to say, I really, really, REALLY hate the attitude towards makeup that some men have. I've seen these horrific photos on Facebook of boys holding pieces of paper saying 'You're beautiful without makeup' and it just gets on my tits, frankly. I love colour, I love accentuating my features, adding fun into my routine and adopting new looks every day ...do you REALLY think I'm going to stop doing that because of some youth in a baseball cap on Tumblr is telling me not to? Bitch please.

The only use for my man telling me I look beautiful without makeup MIGHT be when a new MAC collection threatens to empty my wallet and I need a reason not to sell body parts to fund my obsession.

Sorry ladies, I know I do ramble.

liba

My last bf like to hear me talking about all the new technology and effects, but he never would actually compliment me on it when I'd wear it.

Meanwhile, my new bf loves when I glam myself up with exaggerated eye looks and red lips (although he'd rather kiss me without the lipstick on). He has zero interest in talking about makeup tech, though. Still, I'd rather get an actual compliment from him than a big talk about micro-shimmer.....I can always come here and talk to everyone for that!

tats

My boyfriend likes how I do my make up. He always compliments on how good I look. Because of my obsession, it usually takes ages to get ready. This is the bit he doesn't like lol He also probably doesn't like the pricey side of it :) How much richer I would have been if I didn't spend as much on make up.. ehh... but he sort of gets on with it :)

Spruceitup

He has no interest in my makeup what so ever! He knows I love makeup, and wearing different colors but I do not think he could name you one brand I wear and we live together.

For xmas this past year he got me makeup....and it was super cheap crappy makeup (I wear Revlon a lot so not opossed to drugstore but what he bought was an awful 7.99 for a palette of 10 colors at Target). I cried, I really tried not to but it felt like he didn't get me at all. It seriously looked like he threw shit in a shopping cart at target he thought I would like and called it a day, which is what happened because he forgot about gifts.

PeachyPops

My boyfriend says "you put all that makeup on to take it off at the end of the day...whats the point!" He doesn't know why and doesn't know the difference. BUT he did make a nice comment about my"skills". I was like "why does my makeup not show in my pictures and all my other friends their makeup shows up..." he goes "thats because your just good at putting makeup on and you just look more natural..." awwww.

roop300

My ex was baffled at my love of makeup but figured out its my obsession and therapy at the same time. When we would get into an argument he knew I wud be rearranging my makeup and swatching colors. What bothered me tho is, he knew everything I owned was from Mac yet got me perfume for my bday, Xmas, valentines and anniversaries. So I have like 4 unopened perfumes sitting around in my room.

strudel07

My bf is really great with it all. He wiill pick out colors for me to try on lol its really cute and he will listen to me ramble on about new collections coming out and even make trips to the CCO for me. luckily. =]

AllyDVon

My Bf has become super supportive. If it wasn't for him, I would have never chased my dream. Now here I am! Working at MAC! He always compliments my makeup and tells me what he likes. He wanted to go get me a new blush when it had fallen to the ground and smashed into itty bitty pieces. He is so awesome.

fabulousmoolah

My BF tells me I don't need it. Don't they all? Besides that he doesn't comment and I don't ask because I love to wear colors and regardless of who else likes it or doesn't, I'm going to wear it the way I want.

I do cut out most perfume use for him though. :(

Cara

Mine thinks i just collect anything thats make up. He also couldnt believe i made him spend £45 on Nars Happening Palette.. But he did and it was a very happy birthday! He was confused though, he said it looked a decent size before he took it out of the box they sent it in. Aww ;p

brittneyds

My boyfriend (Scott) and I have been together for nearly three years. He HATES makeup. I have never seen a man be so against makeup. He likes me to be natural all of the time. When we do go out for special occasions, I always wear a full face of makeup. This was a huge adjustment period for me as I was once a girl who got up every morning at 5am to spend an hour getting ready between hair and makeup. However, I still do my own thing and wear makeup. I love wearing mascara and blush everyday. Nowhere near as much as I used to, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do!
amuse.gif

IHughes

Mine says I don't need makeup but I also know he likes me to always look so great and not sloppy (I mean clothes and hair too, not just makeup). At the moment he's super supportive and encourages me to buy stuff, but I think if it became a very obsessive thing he'd think it's weird, which is logical, lol. It's hard, specially with MAC as they manage to make it all so compulsive, but I'm trying not to hoard too many things I'll never have time to wear!

Latest posts