How does your boyfriend react to your love of makeup?

allthingsglam

My bf is really great with it all. He wiill pick out colors for me to try on lol its really cute and  he will listen to me ramble on about new collections coming out and even make trips to the CCO for me. luckily. =]
Lol mines to when we go to the cco he never Rush me he is the best

MmeSpark

My boyfriend doesn't care about make up, he says I'm always beautiful. However, he loves it when I dress up, so he doesn't mind when I buy something new, he supports me :)

gexton71

My bf tells me that I don't need makeup cuz I look beautiful without it. But he doesn't mind too much if I put on a little bit. He hates bright colors. lol. I think pretty much every boy likes neautral colors on their girl.
yes i agree with you
iagree.gif

babycheri

My boyfriend loves eyeliner and lipstick, that's it! It's normally my everyday look so good for him, right?
girlhaha.gif

When the Riri MAC Fall collection came out, he drove me to a mall that ended up not having it and then pushed me (basically demanded) to call every store that carried MAC within a 30 mile radius
lol.gif
The minute I found one, he wasted no time in driving to downtown SF (we normally take the train bc of parking and how crowded it it) and helped me pick out another lipstick I wasn't planning on getting. But he was so shocked when he realized how much it cost haha, he hasn't taken me to a release since. But for Christmas, he bought me a kabuki brush that was more expensive than the one I was planning on getting so YAY!

geeko

He generally has no comments on my make up ... hehehe. he has seen my drawerfuls of make up and thank goodness he didn't nag at me and said i have too much lol

PeachTwist

Mine doesn't get it at all - he doesn't understand it, and when new packages arrive with more new stuff he'll shake his head and go "Oh dear."

BUT, he did help make me a mirror with lights and also helps fund my addiction and will listen to me ramble when stuff arrives, so he's supportive in his own way albeit calling himself crazy for supporting and helping my addiction along.

I rarely wear make-up considering I have so much, but when I do I love his "Oh wow" reaction. <3

mosha010

Yea after during my low buy initiative I took all my makeup out and organized it. Now he sees it too so he's all "no buying more makeup we need to save bla bla bla bla". But he smokes and his cigarettes are a daily buy so I told him I'm allowed to spend in makeup as much as he does in cigs. Haha. And that's how I'm back in the game :)

User38

Yea after during my low buy initiative I took all my makeup out and organized it. Now he sees it too so he's all "no buying more makeup we need to save bla bla bla bla". But he smokes and his cigarettes are a daily buy so I told him I'm allowed to spend in makeup as much as he does in cigs. Haha. And that's how I'm back in the game
smiles.gif
Good psych!.. and wtg...

all's fair in love, war and makeup!

ISSN

well, my BF is also one of these guys who prefers a natural makeup look. I am a huge (bright) lipsticklover and often he complains about that :) a couple weeks ago he totally surprised me so I think when it comes to beauty products he is a great supporter! have you ever asked your BF to try a facemask? have a wonderful day! xx Lea (Mod note: no links to your own blog in forum posts. -shellygrrl)  

jchait

Although my boyfriend says he prefers me without makeup on, and he loathesssss lipstick (because 1. He can't kiss me and 2. If he does he gets it on him and then he makes this whole production about having to wipe it off) he is perfectly fine with my spending habits, my hoarding, my vanity, the wait times when I do my makeup, etc. he is actually very supportive. But then again, he loves his blurry collection.....which, don't even get me started on....lol

ChosenOne

Just heard about this thread because I made a comment in the Sephora one about my accidentally mentioning at dinner with my husband and our friends how much money I spent during the Sephora sale. The hubby was a bit shocked! Maybe he never realized how much makeup costs? I thought he knew, lol. I could've sworn I've discussed it with him before. He probably just forgot. Or he's used to the MAC prices where I get a discount, and not so used to Sephora prices where 15% off is still more than most full-priced MAC products. But generally speaking, he's pretty supportive of my love of makeup. I show him swatches sometimes of colors I'm thinking of getting so he can help me figure out if it's different from anything I already have. Like many ladies here have said, he also prefers a more natural look. But if I do something especially awesome-looking with my makeup, he'll notice and say something nice. So I've got it pretty good! Unless him hearing about the $$$ I spent sways him to be less supportive...
001_unsure.gif

Jaymuhlee

My husband is super supportive about my love for makeup. Most days I wear little to no makeup but then I'll go all out on weekends or if we’re going out and he loves all versions. Totally asks if I'm wearing X brand, tells me my brows look good, drives me to Ulta/Sephora (almost) every time I ask (I can get ridiculous - did about 5 Sephora trips during this last sale). On my blog I do simple makeup tutorials and he takes the majority of my photographs so, all in all, he's pretty badass. He's super into cycling so he gets it. We all have our obsessions!

Jill1228

My husband is ok with it. He did get sticker shock when he went into Ulta with me and I dropped $50 (or I should say he dropped $50) Husband: do you always spend this much? Me: no I LEFT IT AT THAT I wanted to say "fool, you got off easy!"

beautycool

Think my husband hates me spending and hoarding on anything lmao I don't care anyhow what he thinks His got his love for planes n space etc Just wish I had his wages to blow on lots but His way to sensible for that too :( grrrr

Dominique33

My most recent boyfriend ( and now gone :( ) would not understand that hauling makeup and reading Kafka were sometimes compatible... He is a teacher well he was not willing to realize that. A Beauty addiction is sometimes misunderstood or seen as artificial. Well, let' s hope the next one will understand !

Latest posts