Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

rockin

Hi CrazyBlue,

I've not bought from that seller before, but I'm sure I can see a tell-tale sign in the picture of the base of the jar that says it's not genuine.

CrazyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Hi CrazyBlue,

I've not bought from that seller before, but I'm sure I can see a tell-tale sign in the picture of the base of the jar that says it's not genuine.

Ooh really , what do you think is wrong with the label
ssad.gif

panda0410

Rockin is right on, this ones a fake! Its not the label, but the base of the jar and the texture of the pigment that give it away. The colour is pretty wrong - that can be manipulated under flash and monitor settings, but this one is way off.

CrazyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Um, that one looks authentic to me!

yaay , i hope it is , i was gonna swap for it
greengrin.gif

hyazinth

Hi gals,

look what I found:
eBay Verkäufer: mymac4ever: Beauty Gesundheit

This is a new seller on ebay.de who listed about 70 mac pigments. I took a look at some of them not one of them is original. Sticker on the wrong side and color names I did never hear of for pigments. Really horrible.
If anyone can confirm please I will contact her and/or report her to ebay.
Thanks.

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
All fakes! All names belongs to shadows...

Thanks for confirming. Thought so too, but because I am sill kinda new to all this just wanted to hear a second opinion. Checked ebay a few minutes ago and the listings are gone.
greengrin.gif

hyazinth

Me again
winks.gif

Got a pic from a softwashed grey pigment where the sticker looks very matte and more grey than silver.

Attachment 10709

Could that be authentic? If so do older jars with such matte stickers exist from many older collections?

panda0410

This one is fine
smiles.gif
The older ones tend to lose their shine off the stickers, its not a matte sticker, its just wear
winks.gif

riotlove

i need quick help hopefully. i'll get pictures if necessary.

i swapped for a white gold pigment swatched 1x, in box. i got it, looked at it through the peep hole, box is authentic w/ barcode on bottom and nothing weird. i go to take it out tonight(i haven't sent her end yet which is why i'm rushing) and it looks fake. the plastic is thicker than my other pigments and the lid is shiny and taller.

the batch on the jar says a23 while the box says a84. does anyone have a white gold that's this old? or a jar this old? i'm going to do more investigating and find out if any of my others 50+ pigments are this old so i can check but so far none of them look anything like it.

i wanted to post this and see if anyone could shed any light while i take pictures and i'll edit this response to post them.

tia

ps i've told her i won't be sending her end until i figure it out. and i asked her where she got it. i didn't accuse her because she may not know and it may be real and i was really polite with her.

EDIT: i'm including pictures! she also wrote me back right away and said she bought it on allcosmeticswholesale.com. i've heard back and forth about this website. any help would be greatly appreciated

top of box:
DSC03325.jpg

bottom of box:
DSC03324.jpg

front of box:
DSC03327.jpg

Bottom of jar(shown w/ authentic Pink Vivid A73 & authentic Landscape Green AC3):
DSC03328.jpg

Front of jar(shown w/ authentic Pink Vivid A73 & authentic Landscape Green AC3):
DSC03329.jpg

Back of jar(shown w/ authentic Pink Vivid A73 & authentic Landscape Green AC3):
DSC03330.jpg

riotlove

also i had swapped for 2 pigments, 1 being fairylite and it's definitely authentic. i pd via paypal as well as i'm to be sending her and eyeshadow. i've held off sending the eyeshadow but should i take the precaution and file a claim via paypal or just wait it out?

panda0410

Ok, the White Gold is a counterfeit - I had the same series physically in my hands to see. The jar has the fake base insignia, end of story. I cant see the other two mattes clearly/close enough up to see. Your swapper may have sent this counterfeit unknowlingly
ssad.gif

Are you sure the Fairylite is authentic? So many have been counterfeited
ssad.gif

riotlove

nah i had fairylite before and it's perfect. so i'm gonna let her know about it and i guess just send that one back w/ her package and have her give me the money back for it.

hyazinth

Hi girls,
I just started searching for the so called "holy grail" pigments like all girl, coco beach, coco,...and I found someone who has a all girl pigment to sell. She sent me pics but since I have no older jars to compare I am not sure if I should go for it. I can't see any specific fake signs. Also the batch is A24 which could be ok because the pigment is from rock it 2004. Right? But I still would like to compare since it wouldn't be cheap. I don't want to post her pics here because I did not ask for her permission. Maybe anybody here could show me pics from the bottom and back of a all girl jar?
Thanks a lot.

andrie

I just bought a pigment from a seller on specktra which sold me a fake pigment. She stated she had bought this from the CCO store. Therefore, by making this statement she knew this was fake. I've had it with these seller who wants to make a quick buck off of honest people.

Fake Primary Yellow Pigment from:
Lottascarlatta