Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

Makeup Emporium

^^^She has helped many people that I've seen and she really knows what she's talking about. She spends HER time helping others with THEIR problems. She doesn't get paid for it she does it because she likes to help. Unfortunately there will always be those who are unappreciative of all her efforts however the majority of us appreciate very much what she does to help!!

andrie

Well, this is what I have to say Panda has not be nice and helpful. I was seeking help in identifying this Pigment that I purchased from a seller a Primary Yellow. I posted the link for help: stating this is the pics that was sent me and Panda did not assist me in this matter therefore, I sought help from others who opinion I value and who has been on Specktra as well for some time and has a honest, professional and reputable status and opinion who's in contact with pigments on a daily basis. I wish not to go in to this any further I've been to MAC this morning and it was confirmed by the manager that my suspect as well as Cheryls confirmation that the pigment is indeed a fake Therefore, I've gotten these professionals as well as other outside of the forum and if my previous post were read I stated that I do not know how to download on Specktra and I sent pics to Cheryl to help me with this matter. I've read other post where as gals where seeking help and I did not find any circus leaders,referees or any one who's confrontational but sound and helpful advice.

If I purchase any other Cosmetics item such as pigments or eyeshadows I'm not sure of I again will ask for assistance from the gals here and who are dear to me who knows and has an eye for FAKES.

Therefore, Ladies this matter has been resolved. Thank you for your comments but like I stated in my last post. Let this be the end!!!!

1165Cheryl

I think communication is a big part of this whole mess. It took me awhile to get what the issue was and this is what I'm pretty sure it is. The pictures someone posted asking if the jars were fakes (and they turned out to be fakes) where the same pictures sent to andrie when she asked to see pictures of this jar she wanted to buy. Then when the jar arrived she noticed it was a fake, did some research and found the old thread. The old thread had already told the seller the jar was a fake so the buyer is upset that a person would sell a fake again on purpose. she says it's the same jar due to the pictures the seller sent her and the pictures the seller posted in the fake items thread are the exact same picture. If this isnt correct please let me know Andrie
smiles.gif

That took me awhile to understand so that could have been part of the problem here, no one knew how to help or unable to put all the pieces to the puzzle together.

I myself have problems inserting pictures, lol which is why I didnt offer to help after she asked for it.

I know Panda and she is a very kind, helpful, sweet and knows her stuff. I know Andrie and have for awhile & she's a very sweet gal. I'm sad to see this thing got personal and peoples feelings getting hurt. When I first came here I had to learn not to take things personally along with how to write things so people understood what I was saying.

This leads me back to communication, people talk different ways and people can read things the wrong way especially when it's typed.

Maybe someone could help her insert the pictures....we all know what it feels like to be misunderstood.....

andrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I think communication is a big part of this whole mess. It took me awhile to get what the issue was and this is what I'm pretty sure it is. The pictures someone posted asking if the jars were fakes (and they turned out to be fakes) where the same pictures sent to andrie when she asked to see pictures of this jar she wanted to buy. Then when the jar arrived she noticed it was a fake, did some research and found the old thread. The old thread had already told the seller the jar was a fake so the buyer is upset that a person would sell a fake again on purpose. she says it's the same jar due to the pictures the seller sent her and the pictures the seller posted in the fake items thread are the exact same picture. If this isnt correct please let me know Andrie
smiles.gif

That took me awhile to understand so that could have been part of the problem here, no one knew how to help or unable to put all the pieces to the puzzle together.

I myself have problems inserting pictures, lol which is why I didnt offer to help after she asked for it.

I know Panda and she is a very kind, helpful, sweet and knows her stuff. I know Andrie and have for awhile & she's a very sweet gal. I'm sad to see this thing got personal and peoples feelings getting hurt. When I first came here I had to learn not to take things personally along with how to write things so people understood what I was saying.

This leads me back to communication, people talk different ways and people can read things the wrong way especially when it's typed.

Maybe someone could help her insert the pictures....we all know what it feels like to be misunderstood.....

Thank you Cheryl, This is correct. Again I apologize for not being computer savvy in knowing how to download pics here.
ssad.gif

britmacgirl

What do you think of this seller and this pigment. They have good feedback and I have been looking and looking. They talk the talk in the description, but.... I'm still getting the hang of this fake/genuine lark! Steeeeep learning curve. PLease let me know what you think, and if it is fake, please tell me how you can tell. Many thanks x x
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-AUTHENTIC-...item563a46a99a

britmacgirl

Ignore that now, I read back on this thread a little, and its already on flagged as a fake the very same listing..... won't touch with a barge pole!!

hyazinth

Hi gals,
I've got a question about the "shiny lids" thing. I got some pigments that have the matte lid but also the matte seems kind of different sometimes. I already searched this thread and found some information that a slightly shinnier lid could be a sign of a fake pigment. Or does the texture of the lids also differ with authentic pigments?
Here some pics from the pigments where I noticed that. What would you say?
Can you see the difference in the reflection of the light or am I just imagining things?

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...frostfront.jpg
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...qfrostback.jpg
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...rostbottom.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help.

myzleelee

im SOOOOOOO pissed.....tell me what yall think.... this is supposed to be a "teal pigment"...just got this from a thread sale here on specktra... camparison pigment are mutiny and fushia

myzleelee

this is my embark in the pan and the embark i bought in this sale as a "pro refil pan".....prouct does not reach top of pan and there are one direction striations.....

Nieriel

Hi I'd like to know if the seller nekoabyssinian on ebay can be trusted. The seller posted a lot of pics and pics of receipts as well.
Things look good to me but my eyes aren't as trained as yours to spot a fake and I'm too afraid to give my money before checking it here with you guys
smiles.gif

Thanks
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
im SOOOOOOO pissed.....tell me what yall think.... this is supposed to be a "teal pigment"...just got this from a thread sale here on specktra... camparison pigment are mutiny and fushia

These pictures are blurry, but I have to say I dont see anything that would raise any flags for me or strike it as a fake. What features about this pigment make you think its counterfeit?

littlepickle

All I have to say is... Panda is awesome!
th_DANCE.gif

nonono.gif
Also, I found yet another hideous fake on Trademe. Reported!
th_rolleye0014.gif

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-284636148.htm

EDIT:
Yuck! Here's a bulk listing from the same seller from the same seller. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-284580602.htm
if you have problems with the authenticity of the products or shipping costs then PLEASE DONT BID! ...yeah.. because it's FAKE.

Both have been withdrawn now and got a thank you for reporting email from Trademe. Woohoo!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
All I have to say is... Panda is awesome!
th_DANCE.gif

nonono.gif
Also, I found yet another hideous fake on Trademe. Reported!
th_rolleye0014.gif

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-284636148.htm

EDIT:
Yuck! Here's a bulk listing from the same seller from the same seller. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-284580602.htm
if you have problems with the authenticity of the products or shipping costs then PLEASE DONT BID! ...yeah.. because it's FAKE.

Both have been withdrawn now and got a thank you for reporting email from Trademe. Woohoo!

who was th seller? trademe has some hideous fake stuff, ive given up reporting, because trademe never seem to withdraw it (such as hello kitty mascaras!!)

littlepickle

I'm afraid I didn't write it down before I reported, silly me :s
I recently saw one seller claiming there is no fake MAC in New Zealand
shockt.gif

Latest posts