Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos***

panda0410

Are you sure its a counterfeit? There is a fake primary yellow, like almost all of them now, but it may have come from a CCO. Does it have anything that satnds out as fake? If it is a counterfeit then you need to leave your seller a NEGATIVE token as well.

andrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Are you sure its a counterfeit? There is a fake primary yellow, like almost all of them now, but it may have come from a CCO. Does it have anything that satnds out as fake? If it is a counterfeit then you need to leave your seller a NEGATIVE token as well.

What stand out is the lid which is larger which has a lip at the bottom, the jar is large (telescopic jar which is see through on the side), the back lettering is large, and the bottom of the jar number is different. My 14 year old son notice the difference in jar. Lol!!!!!!

I also just found her post about the Primary Yellow pigment she bought from a ebay seller. She bought these pigment and found out that it was fake and she turned around and sold it on Specktra. Therefore, she lied to me about the purchasing it from the CCO store. OMG!!! and Panda you responded to her post about the Primary Yellow Pigment that it was fake. See Below post:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/f...6/#post1851346

http://www.specktra.net/forum/attach...r-dsc_1242.jpg

Also she posted this on 1/15/2010

panda0410

Thanks for the link - yes the Primary Yellow in those pics was def a fake!! Is this the same jar you have?? omg....

andrie

Quote:
Thanks for the link - yes the Primary Yellow in those pics was def a fake!! Is this the same jar you have?? omg....

Yes Panda I bought this pigment and received it today. I am outraged of these sellers, thieving from honest people like myself just for a quick buck.
angry.gif

Lottascarlatta made a thread about this Primary Yellow Pigment. See Below
Fake Primary Yellow Jar?
Hoping to purchase from a UK seller but I'm not too sure on the authenticity. It all seems to check out from my research but thought I should post here to confirm.
Listing:100% AUTHENTIC MAC PIGMENT - PRIMARY YELLOW - BNIB - eBay (item 220439946628 end time Jan-18-10 04:36:00 PST)

The seller emailed her pics and she turned around and sold them on Specktra knowing this Pigment was fake and she lied to me about buying it from the CCO store.

Lottascarlatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrie
Yes Panda I bought this pigment and received it today. I am outraged of these sellers, thieving from honest people like myself just for a quick buck.
angry.gif

Lottascarlatta made a thread about this Primary Yellow Pigment. See Below
Fake Primary Yellow Jar?
Hoping to purchase from a UK seller but I'm not too sure on the authenticity. It all seems to check out from my research but thought I should post here to confirm.
Listing:100% AUTHENTIC MAC PIGMENT - PRIMARY YELLOW - BNIB - eBay (item 220439946628 end time Jan-18-10 04:36:00 PST)

The seller emailed her pics and she turned around and sold them on Specktra knowing this Pigment was fake and she lied to me about buying it from the CCO store.

In my defense, this is the PM sent to andrie:

1. I have already apologized for the confusion.
2. I have already stated that from my end, I was unaware of the inauthenticity of the pigment, believed it to be authentic when compared to my other matte pigments and would be dealing with the swapper on my end.
3. As stated in PM's, I have a number of pigments because of the pigment jar transition.
4. Many of my pigments were obtained by numerous sources, MACPro, MUA, personal transactions. Never had a permanent PRO matte pigment shown up at a CCO.♥
5. I have already offered you a refund with the shipping after returned.
6. That eBay listing was an obvious fake. I purchased the pigment since I confirmed with MACPro that Primary Yellow is indeed a 7.5g jar. The advice provided in that thread was, in the end, fruitless.
7. I DID purchase that pigment on the condition is could authenticated. It wasn't, so the seller offered full refund with shippping. As I am with you.

I understand it is a very frustrating experience to feel decieved or frauded by an online purchase. I would and have done the same to validate any and all suspicious products I have received.

However, as the seller, I am being as honest, humble and accomodating as I humanly possible. Filling up my Inbox, making demands after a suitable settlement has been reached and what I can only naturally assume is derisive tone by writing in all CAPS LOCK is unneccesary.♥

I think it would be best if we both remove the positive Specktra iTrader posts. ♥

andrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottascarlatta
In my defense, this is the PM sent to andrie:

1. I have already apologized for the confusion.
2. I have already stated that from my end, I was unaware of the inauthenticity of the pigment, believed it to be authentic when compared to my other matte pigments and would be dealing with the swapper on my end.
3. As stated in PM's, I have a number of pigments because of the pigment jar transition.
4. Many of my pigments were obtained by numerous sources, MACPro, MUA, personal transactions. Never had a permanent PRO matte pigment shown up at a CCO.♥
5. I have already offered you a refund with the shipping after returned.
6. That eBay listing was an obvious fake. I purchased the pigment since I confirmed with MACPro that Primary Yellow is indeed a 7.5g jar. The advice provided in that thread was, in the end, fruitless.
7. I DID purchase that pigment on the condition is could authenticated. It wasn't, so the seller offered full refund with shippping. As I am with you.

I understand it is a very frustrating experience to feel decieved or frauded by an online purchase. I would and have done the same to validate any and all suspicious products I have received.

However, as the seller, I am being as honest, humble and accomodating as I humanly possible. Filling up my Inbox, making demands after a suitable settlement has been reached and what I can only naturally assume is derisive tone by writing in all CAPS LOCK is unneccesary.♥

I think it would be best if we both remove the positive Specktra iTrader posts. ♥

Response to Lottascarlatta

1. You posted a thread 1/15 asking if the pigment was fake and after numerous response to your thread it was told you and determined that the pigment was fake after numerous response to your suspect or concerns for help the detection of the Primary Yellow Pigment.
You Posted:
1/15/2010

2. Knowing this and selling it on Specktra determines your (Not an honest seller)

3.You stated the ebay seller refunded you your monies after suspecious of being fake and then you sell here knowing it was fake.

4. She states that I'm leaving numerous messages filling up her box but, I sent her a message earlier but no response and I notice she only responds when you send her a message stating to "Invoice" as a new buyer and when she responded back we were sending email back and forth about the pigment.

5. You stated you will refund my money after I send the pigment back but after finding a thread about the pigment leave me with concerns about sending you the pigment first without getting my refund first.

6. I am upset about this transaction because the seller was aware of the pigment being a fake and passed it onto honest buyers and I also send email to people with all caps. How can you derive someone's tone when someone sometimes is writing in all CAPS!!!

Lottascarlatta

1. As stated before, I purchased numerous Yellow pigments from various sources. The one you're holding came from an MUA member.
2. The thread is question references the matte weight and sticker quality. I purchased it anyway on the condition is could be authenticated. That purchase went straight back to England for a refund. 
3. I am responging to ALL your PM's within a few hours. Despite having an iPhone for quick responses, I also try to sqeeze in work, family and a LIFE. Not all my responses will come within the hour.
4. Check my MUA on swaps (Scarlatta) and my PayPal account reputation. I am in no way an avid seller but there has never been an issue with refunds. I have and continue to have gone above and beyond to make transactions happier.

I already stated I was unaware this was a fake and I sympathize with your feeling violated. All online makeup swappers/buyers have gone through this at least once. But your responses via PM and on this thread are above and beyond. You're jumping to conclusions, miscontruing my words or straight lying to validate your anger at the situation.

To end this: I am offering you the refund you want. Send me a DC, and I will pay for your shipping costs. Other than that, I can't continue to repeat the same reason for this horrible mistake over and over again. It would be reducing this thread to a public stoning and Specktra is not the forum for this kind of behavior (e.g. 4chan, Something Awful) 

panda0410

Andrie you've been offered a refund + return shipping costs which is more than you would get from paypal and is the best that Lottascarlatta can do for you.

I would still be personally interested in seeing why you believe this is a fake since Lottascarlatta has stated this is NOT the same counterfeit pigment she purchased, and if this is true then its possible the one you have may be genuine. There were many manufacturing inconsistencies and not all of them lead to counterfeit. Had this pigment been a pigment sold by me I would be requesting pictures that show why you believe its counterfeit, and it would be well within Lottascarlattas reasonabel right to request the same. Perhaps it would help both parties if pictures were posted, though you have already been offered the refund which after assuring you this is NOT the counterfeit she purchased but still offered in the absence of having seen the pics is quite generous IMHO.

andrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottascarlatta
1. As stated before, I purchased numerous Yellow pigments from various sources. The one you're holding came from an MUA member.
2. The thread is question references the matte weight and sticker quality. I purchased it anyway on the condition is could be authenticated. That purchase went straight back to England for a refund.♥
3. I am responging to ALL your PM's within a few hours. Despite having an iPhone for quick responses, I also try to sqeeze in work, family and a LIFE. Not all my responses will come within the hour.
4. Check my MUA on swaps (Scarlatta) and my PayPal account reputation. I am in no way an avid seller but there has never been an issue with refunds. I have and continue to have gone above and beyond to make transactions happier.

I already stated I was unaware this was a fake and I sympathize with your feeling violated. All online makeup swappers/buyers have gone through this at least once. But your responses via PM and on this thread are above and beyond. You're jumping to conclusions, miscontruing my words or straight lying to validate your anger at the situation.

To end this: I am offering you the refund you want. Send me a DC, and I will pay for your shipping costs. Other than that, I can't continue to repeat the same reason for this horrible mistake over and over again. It would be reducing this thread to a public stoning and Specktra is not the forum for this kind of behavior (e.g. 4chan, Something Awful)♥

1. I stated to you and again and I will reinerate that I will go to the post office Thursday to send back this Pigment. Also, in response to the refund that would only be fare.
2. I as well am responding to your previous post that you posted within the hours as well as what I found to be not truthful on your part. Lottascarlatta this is not a public stoning but if you sell any fake products on Specktra then the gals on here need to be aware of such.
3. I found the thread that you wrote 1/15/2010 about the purchase of this pigment and it was found to be not authentic which you got a refund back from the ebay seller. However, that was not wise to resell what you found to be a fake MAC here on Specktra. (Not a Honest Seller)
4. You also stated "Check my MUA on swaps (Scarlatta) and my PayPal account reputation. I am in no way an avid seller but there has never been an issue with refunds. I have and continue to have gone above and beyond to make transactions happier" and that is appreciated and you also stated this " All online makeup swappers/buyers have gone through this at least once. But your responses via PM and on this thread are above and beyond. You're jumping to conclusions, miscontruing my words or straight lying to validate your anger at the situation.
5. I am not ANGRY just simply upset that you were aware that it was fake because you stated that you found it to be unauthentic and you requested a refund from the sell. What's upsetting is you resold the pigment knowingly that it was FAKE and I pm'd you finding your post 1/15 about the exact Primary Yellow Pigment that's what I find disturbing and upsetting that you purchased from this seller and found it to be FAKE and resold it here I was just floored and this is not a stoning. I assure you this is a what I call getting an understanding from the seller
and you also mentioned others have gone through this before at least once and that may be true but when your (seller) aware of such unauthentic product why would you resell it whether it be Specktra, Makeup Alley, Makeup Geek or any other Forum.
6. I am aware the ebay is not trust worthy anymore and I am also aware that there are scammers on there that's not just selling FAKE MAC but, now the scamming has come over to some of the forum that was found to be trust worthy seller leaving now buyer vulnerable and unprotected and unsure having the seller to send pics and pm back and forth to see if the product is authentic. I hope you see my point of view. and if we can't shop here for deals then were do we GO? Therefore, Lottascarlatta this is unfortunate my suggesting to you is to alway check before selling. O.K. I am so done with this. lol!!!!!!!!!
7. I do work and have a FAMILY and LIFE and I do not have the time to write responses after response about this unfortunate transaction. Also, as I stated to you I will be taking it to a Mac counter knowing this is fake which is 30 min. out of my way home from work and then I must beat the traffic to catch the post office to send it back and I will pm you privately Thursday about the DC to send it back and will be expecting a full refund and then I will send you back your Pigment. I will not be stiffed twice.
7. If you need to talk to me then pm but if you wish to continue this openly that's fine too.

But I hope this is the end.

andrie

Quote:
Andrie you've been offered a refund + return shipping costs which is more than you would get from paypal and is the best that Lottascarlatta can do for you.

I would still be personally interested in seeing why you believe this is a fake since Lottascarlatta has stated this is NOT the same counterfeit pigment she purchased, and if this is true then its possible the one you have may be genuine. There were many manufacturing inconsistencies and not all of them lead to counterfeit. Had this pigment been a pigment sold by me I would be requesting pictures that show why you believe its counterfeit, and it would be well within Lottascarlattas reasonabel right to request the same. Perhaps it would help both parties if pictures were posted, though you have already been offered the refund which after assuring you this is NOT the counterfeit she purchased but still offered in the absence of having seen the pics is quite generous IMHO.

This is the exact same pigment that is found in her thread. I matched it up with the pigment that she's inquiring about this is the same exact pigment. lol

panda0410

Well she has offered you a refund anyway, and really paypal would not require that she refund your shipping so you are probably getting more than you would have done through a claim. Make sure you send it back with tracking/DC though to avoid any further problems.

As for it being the same pigment, we can only err on the side of caution since you have no proof its the very same pigment. It could be another counterfeit from the same run - there were literally hundreds of them on ebay, they could have landed in anyones hands then on MUA. I think that you cannot justifiably accuse Lottascarlatta of passing on the counterfeit unless you can actually prove it, despite what your suspicions may be.

She has offered the refund, and you should accept it sending it back with DC. Both parties should leave the appropriate tokens.

andrie

Quote:
Well she has offered you a refund anyway, and really paypal would not require that she refund your shipping so you are probably getting more than you would have done through a claim. Make sure you send it back with tracking/DC though to avoid any further problems.

As for it being the same pigment, we can only err on the side of caution since you have no proof its the very same pigment. It could be another counterfeit from the same run - there were literally hundreds of them on ebay, they could have landed in anyones hands then on MUA. I think that you cannot justifiably accuse Lottascarlatta of passing on the counterfeit unless you can actually prove it, despite what your suspicions may be.

She has offered the refund, and you should accept it sending it back with DC. Both parties should leave the appropriate tokens.

Panda this is the exact one she purchase. Also, I had my girl friend to bring over hers and it is totally different and the numerous searches I've done and contacting others who has this pigment. Therefore, this is not just suspicion but, it is all panning out to be fake, Also I have the right to question, ask for help or post suspecious fake MAC pigments, shadow as others do. This is not a situation where we shake hands and go into the corner and come out fighting and neither am I seeking a referee in this matter. Again, I am going to Mac tommarow. Also it's the same pic she sent me that the UK seller sent her. This FAKE was passed on. This was intentional and that's that. Therefore, Refunding someone's money is only right whether it be from ebay and Specktra

GOING TO MAC TOMARROW

panda0410

Andrie you have absolutely **no** way of proving that it is exactly the same counterfeit pigment she purchased and therefore you should not be making allegations of same unless you can. There were hundreds of these in production, possibly even thousands that have ended up everywhere from ebay, to MUA, LJ and other swapping communities. You may have your suspicions, and you may even be right, but the bottom line is you have no proof.

It probably is different to your friends, and it may well be counterfeit, but it also may not be and you are proving rather reluctant to show any good cause as to why it is a counterfeit. Like I said previously if this was something I had sold there is no way I would simply be offering you a refund without some sort of evidence as to why you think its a fake - and while your claims flow freely your pictures are still not forthcoming. You cannot jump onto a board and make allegations without actually being dedicated enough to show why you think it is.

Lottascarlattas has offered you a refund so why are you still debating the topic? Take it and be pleased.

As for asking for a referee, you came and asked for advice, and thats exactly what you are getting.

andrie

Quote:
Andrie you have absolutely **no** way of proving that it is exactly the same counterfeit pigment she purchased and therefore you should not be making allegations of same unless you can. There were hundreds of these in production, possibly even thousands that have ended up everywhere from ebay, to MUA, LJ and other swapping communities. You may have your suspicions, and you may even be right, but the bottom line is you have no proof.

It probably is different to your friends, and it may well be counterfeit, but it also may not be and you are proving rather reluctant to show any good cause as to why it is a counterfeit. Like I said previously if this was something I had sold there is no way I would simply be offering you a refund without some sort of evidence as to why you think its a fake - and while your claims flow freely your pictures are still not forthcoming. You cannot jump onto a board and make allegations without actually being dedicated enough to show why you think it is.

Lottascarlattas has offered you a refund so why are you still debating the topic? Take it and be pleased.

As for asking for a referee, you came and asked for advice, and thats exactly what you are getting.

Panda your not giving your advice you simply being a referee in this and you do not know what your talking about this is a fake MAC that Lottascarlatta sold to me. The same pic the UK seller sent her she sent to me which has a tapered jar and I have done search on this just like anyone else who has posted and has suspect. Also, my girlfriend jar is different. And why are you the only one responding to this when you have no clue what your talking about and as far as my refund is concern I will be sending it back to her as she request and I do have evidence of such!!!!!!! Apparently you can't detect a fake MAC!!!!!!

1165Cheryl

Hi all....I've seen pics of the pigment Andrie is talking about and it is for sure a fake, she sent me pics today. Now wether or not it's the exact same one and the gal sent it knowing it was a fake...I won't get into since there is no 100% way to prove it is. I did read parts of whats going on and dont want to get into any drama but did want to mention that she did send me pictures and clear up if it was indeed a fake or not.

panda0410

Well andrie if you wanted advice on whether it was fake you just should have posted the pics instead of being difficult - and thats all you are doing now. You were given good advice in the absence of pictures and as for me not knowing what I am talking about, please.. I have helped many people get thousands of dollars back from ebay for counterfeits - you are most certainly barking up the wrong tree on that account.

Cheryl she never bothered posting pics here. Its a fake, she was offered a full refund plus shipping which is more than paypal would have given her and that should have been the end of it. All she seemingly wants to do now is imply that she was passed a counterfeit. She may well have been but there is simply *no proof* of that and hopefully other members can see this sideshow for exactly what it is.

1165Cheryl

I agree, pictures need to be posted and the item return and the refund given. You and I have been around for awhile and have see how these things can get out of hand. Hopefully the item will be mailed back soon and the refund given and everyone can go onto the next topic
smiles.gif

andrie

Quote:
Well andrie if you wanted advice on whether it was fake you just should have posted the pics instead of being difficult - and thats all you are doing now. You were given good advice in the absence of pictures and as for me not knowing what I am talking about, please.. I have helped many people get thousands of dollars back from ebay for counterfeits - you are most certainly barking up the wrong tree on that account.

Cheryl she never bothered posting pics here. She has been offered a refund and all she seemingly wants to do now is imply that she was passed a counterfeit. She may well have been but there is simply no proof of that and hopefully other members can see this sideshow for exactly what it is.

Panda why are you being difficult. I was responding back to her post that Lottascarlatta posted about her purchasing a fake MAC and that now I am in possession of it but, then you turned this into a side show not me. You did not offer your advice you just came in as though this is some kind of fight, if you read your own post. I also, state the PIC that was sent to me is the exact same pic in her thread from the ebay seller because I checked. Again Panda I have accepted the refund as previously stated between both parties as I also mentioned that I am taking it to MAC tomorrow but your constantly instigating a situation that has turned out to be obnoxious.
I took pics with my compute to send to Cheryl to authenticate who has a honorable reputation to assist me with the Primary Yellow Pigment.

" I HAVEN'T POSTED PICTURES HERE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO. IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW THEN I'D BE MORE THEN HAPPY. THAT'S WHY I SENT THEM TO CHERYL, I KNOW SHE KNOWS PIGMENTS WELL. I KNOW HOW TO EMAIL PICS BUT INSERTING HERE I HAVE NO IDEA."

I'm sorry I'm not computer savy. However, Panda I gave you the link to the pic that was sent to me for purchase. Also, you mentioned you help people but in Lottascarlatta thread it doesn't seem like you help at all neither did you help me....

Let this be the END!!!!!

If kind words cannot follow it's best not to say anything at all.

rockin

Sorry, but I have to speak up here. I have been here at Specktra for some time now, and found Panda to be nothing but helpful and friendly, and she really knows her stuff. She is one of the real experts at spotting fakes, and has certainly helped me.