Is this Pro Pan E/S genuine?

ThePowderPuff

I just bought this thinking they hadn't faked the pro pans and the seller seems legitimate.

100% Auth MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadow Refill in Sketch - eBay (item 320480165773 end time Feb-16-10 13:16:47 PST)

But I just heard there are fake pro pan eyeshadows around now
angry.gif

What do you think? Is this genuine? I can take some more pictures if you need.

How do you spot a fake Pro Pan eyeshadow?

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I just bought this thinking they hadn't faked the pro pans and the seller seems legitimate.

100% Auth MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadow Refill in Sketch - eBay (item 320480165773 end time Feb-16-10 13:16:47 PST)

But I just heard there are fake pro pan eyeshadows around now
angry.gif

What do you think? Is this genuine? I can take some more pictures if you need.

How do you spot a fake Pro Pan eyeshadow?

Have a look at this post - all his refills and his other MAC items are on this list so I guess it's not looking good.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Have a look at this post - all his refills and his other MAC items are on this list so I guess it's not looking good.

Oh nooo
ssad.gif
Thanks.

ThePowderPuff

Ok now I know for sure. I just compared it to my other Pro Pans and all my pro pans have the excact same type of magnet, but this one is just a little bit thicker. I wouldn't notice it if I didn't knew. And the texture also feels off. I feels a lot more creamy.

ThePowderPuff

Just got a reply on my dispute from the seller:

!!!! I really am so sorry to hear that!!! I will contact my supplier asap since I do not get any items from China or Hong Kong or any other place! All my items are imported from the US! I will refund your paypal account right now!!!!! Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving feedback and I really am so surprised to hear that!!!!!!!!! Please do not leave us a negative feedback as we really were not aware of any issues with our stock! We never had any problems in the past! Again, I deeply apologise!!

So she seems pretty cool about it, but it could of course be an act. I have written to her, that it seems all her MAC items are fake, and she should stop selling them. I haven't left her negative feedback yet, but I'll wait a bit, and if she doesn't remove her MAC items, I will leave negative feedback.

It's really sad. I have bought fake MAC 3 times on accident. Two times the sellers (or so it seems) had no idea their items were fake.

Pinky & Poodle

Just this morning I was checking my ebay bourght eyeshadows, and the only ones I had a bad feeling about was from alinakh
nope.gif

Not sure what to do now
th_dunno.gif

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
Just this morning I was checking my ebay bourght eyeshadows, and the only ones I had a bad feeling about was from alinakh
nope.gif

Not sure what to do now
th_dunno.gif

Contact her. It seems like she is quite willing to give a refund.

Pinky & Poodle

I just got the same standard answer

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving feedback! I will refund your paypal account right now! I had no idea and I really am so sorry to find out that you think they are fake
ssad.gif
I had a message the other day from a buyer that she thinks that a product is fake and my partner is coming back to town in two days so we will contact our supplier and demand our money back too! We don't buy products from China or Hong Kong or any other country that has a bad reputation, all our products are imported from the US! Please do not leave us a negative or neutral feedback, we really had no intention to fool our customers and we want to offer the best possible service. I deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you for being understanding.
Alina

Unfortunately I already left positive feedback
ssad.gif

[/FONT]

angi

Is there anything apart from the magnet that makes these stand out as counterfeit? Could a thicker magnet be a manufacturing thing, like the printing on pigments?

I'm not questionning what you're saying, as you have the item in front of you, and it is about your judgement and feeling about the product. I know that when in doubt, it usually is fake, but I'm averse to calling out sellers unless absolutely sure because it tends to cause a lot of people to question what they have, and can also damage some potentially genuine sellers (although I'm not saying this is what they are!)

I've been waiting for Speedygirls comparisons on the fake pro pans, because I'd be really interested in knowing/ seeing the comparisons of an item that up to now, was pretty safe.

Pinky & Poodle

Well, my eyeshadows from this seller is most definately fake, I've found several things "wrong" with them.

The texture of the product and at least 3 small differences on the pot
ssad.gif

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Is there anything apart from the magnet that makes these stand out as counterfeit? Could a thicker magnet be a manufacturing thing, like the printing on pigments?

I'm not questionning what you're saying, as you have the item in front of you, and it is about your judgement and feeling about the product. I know that when in doubt, it usually is fake, but I'm averse to calling out sellers unless absolutely sure because it tends to cause a lot of people to question what they have, and can also damage some potentially genuine sellers (although I'm not saying this is what they are!)

I've been waiting for Speedygirls comparisons on the fake pro pans, because I'd be really interested in knowing/ seeing the comparisons of an item that up to now, was pretty safe.

The magnet is a bit thicker. It also sticks more to the pan. Not much, but you feel a difference when you put it in the palette and remover it.

But the finish is all wrong. It's very creamy compared to the real thing. It would actually bee quite nice if it wasn't fake MAC
winks.gif

I have reported the seller to Ebay and have written to her. If she doesn't remove her items (which I don't believe she will of course) I will leave her negative feedback. The right thing to do if she really didn't know her stuff was fake was to remove it. Which she ofcourse wont. But I will leave her negative feedback.

ThePowderPuff

Just got a message from the seller:

Hi again,
I don't own the shop. My partner does and he is coming back to town tomorrow morning. He will put everything down then. Any purchases made today have been refunded!! Yes, I did not lie, as I told you I had no idea they were fake before selling them!!!!!!!

Oh we shall see about that.

How long time do I have to leave feedback? Is there a time restriction?

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
How long time do I have to leave feedback? Is there a time restriction?

You can leave feedback up to 60 days after the transaction. So you do have some time to wait and see what they actually do!

angi

Quote:
Just got a message from the seller:

Hi again,
I don't own the shop. My partner does and he is coming back to town tomorrow morning. He will put everything down then. Any purchases made today have been refunded!! Yes, I did not lie, as I told you I had no idea they were fake before selling them!!!!!!!

Oh we shall see about that.

Hmm, it will be interesting to see whether they actually remove them! Surely if she can get into the ebay account the listings could be removed now rather than waiting until tomorrow.

If they don't get taken down, we can always report them. I know this doesn't prevent them being relisted, but at least it will keep the items off the site for a while!

banana1234

these people will say anything to make you not leave feedback/report them, dont let them get away with it and con other people! make sure, if they are not down in a couple days make sure you do report them and leave negative feedback !

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
these people will say anything to make you not leave feedback/report them, dont let them get away with it and con other people! make sure, if they are not down in a couple days make sure you do report them and leave negative feedback !

Don't worry, I will! She will not get away with this!

speedygirl247

I've just bought a bronze pro pan from the same seller to do some pic comparisons, I need a new bronze anyway, which I will order from Mac next week and post some pic comparisons.