Le Metier de Beaute

kait0

Thank-you both for the feedback!

I love the look of the 2nd shadow (3rd swatch from the left) - sort of blue/purple/grey? Looks so unique!

pbpink

has anyone tried the whole or parts of skin line from LMDB? any thoughts? good, bad, ok? i just bought a lot of it and trying it out but would love to hear any thoughts!! there is not a lot online other than a few bloggers who got it for free so may be biased!! thanks!!

VAL4M

has anyone tried the whole or parts of skin line from LMDB? any thoughts? good, bad, ok? i just bought a lot of it and trying it out but would love to hear any thoughts!! there is not a lot online other than a few bloggers who got it for free so may be biased!! thanks!!
:( Sorry can't help you I only have 2 lipsticks (aside from eyeshadows) and they are ok, not the best.

pbpink

:( Sorry can't help you I only have 2 lipsticks (aside from eyeshadows) and they are ok, not the best. 
thanks! the lipstick I have is not all that either, I did get a gloss too but never used since I didn't care for the lippie!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
thanks! the lipstick I have is not all that either, I did get a gloss too but never used since I didn't care for the lippie!!
Which lipstick did you get? I've been very happy with the ones I have, but I know they aren't generally as well-loved as their shadows.

As far as skin care, it's unfortunately out of my price range. I've heard great things, but like you said, all from people who got the products for free.

pbpink

Which lipstick did you get? I've been very happy with the ones I have, but I know they aren't generally as well-loved as their shadows.

As far as skin care, it's unfortunately out of my price range. I've heard great things, but like you said, all from people who got the products for free.
hi katred!!

the lipstick is thailand in a black tube, it was the only thing i rec'd as a gift w/purchase! it makes my lips super dry!!

i bought a lipgloss, dark spot cream, the cleansers, the tonic, the day cream, the eye cream and Peau Vierge in 3!!

i did spend a lot and it is quite expensive

i do like the PV but the others don't seem to be doing much in fact i never have skin problems (other than not wanting my skin to look older!) and since using i have been getting these little white head dots, not sure if that is good or bad!! as in, is it working or is it making me have a problem i never had!!

i may have been better off just getting a good day cream + toner from la mer or something for the price i paid!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I did notice that Castelo- which is another frost finish- is noticeably drier than the others I have (Kona, Umo Paro, Madaket). It might be something that's limited to some shades. But certainly, for the prices, I'd expect to be totally happy.

Honestly, if you've got good, healthy skin to start with, I have a feeling that the differences you notice with any skin care might be minimal- there isn't that much improvement to be done. ENJOY IT YOU LUCKY WOMAN!

Teger

My November Beauty Vault included their eyelash curler (with 1 replacement pad), dualistic eye pencil in tamarack, and peau vierge lash growth serum. Retail value is $149. At first I was disappointed, but they are all staples you can use everyday. Plus I needed a curler and refuse to to pay $$ for non-prescription lash serums, and their eyeliners have been on my radar. A pleasant surprise!

jebogewf

Has anyone seen that a lot of LMdB stuff at Saks is 50% off??? I showed some restraint and only ordered 7 or 8 eyeshadows. I'm really curious as to why this is.

Trigger

Has anyone seen that a lot of LMdB stuff at Saks is 50% off??? I showed some restraint and only ordered 7 or 8 eyeshadows. I'm really curious as to why this is.
Hi, I went shopping today and brought several items at 50% off. I bought the eye kaleidoscope and blush and the flawless face. The reason why I think is this line was a flop at Saks. I live in pa

MissTT

Interesting news. Anything a must have? I ordered their blush and it was terrible. Even my daughter said it fades in 1-2 hours. I wonder if other stores are dropping them?

Trigger

Interesting news. Anything a must have? I ordered their blush and it was terrible. Even my daughter said it fades in 1-2 hours. I wonder if other stores are dropping them?
I'm not sure. I think at Nm it does well. They might just not have a huge following. I love lux makeup. This was my first purchase with them. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm wearing the blush today and eyes. The eyeshawdow is very buttery. I don't know if the blush fades , it it does I'll let you know. I'm wearing it over foundation. Did the blush fade with or without foundation??? I really like the Saks exclusive kaldescope is called saint Domingo

MadTheologian

I think it is because LMdB has reformulated their new lipsticks and they are selling the old formulas fast.

MissTT

I'm not sure. I think at Nm it does well. They might just not have a huge following. I love lux makeup. This was my first purchase with them. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm wearing the blush today and eyes. The eyeshawdow is very buttery. I don't know if the blush fades , it it does I'll let you know. I'm wearing it over foundation. Did the blush fade with or without foundation??? I really like the Saks exclusive kaldescope is called saint Domingo
Echo wasn't pigmented enough to really even show up on my skin no matter how much I put on. It was ridiculous. My daughter who is about NW25/30 got it to show up, but it disappeared a few hours later. She tried it multiple times. It was too late to return it by the time we both tried it. We both used foundation and setting powder.
I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation so I was curious about LMdB at these prices. Unfortunately no store near me to test out shades. I see they have face powders as well. 50% off is a good way to catch my eye. Online Saint Domingo is still full price.

Trigger

Echo wasn't pigmented enough to really even show up on my skin no matter how much I put on. It was ridiculous. My daughter who is about NW25/30 got it to show up, but it disappeared a few hours later. She tried it multiple times. It was too late to return it by the time we both tried it. We both used foundation and setting powder. I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation so I was curious about LMdB at these prices. Unfortunately no store near me to test out shades. I see they have face powders as well. 50% off is a good way to catch my eye. Online Saint Domingo is still full price.
I'm a nc42/43. My holy grail foundation is Chanel perfection lumere. I'm sure I didn't spell that right.

MissTT

I know which foundation you mean so it's all good. Do you have oiler or drier skin. I usally have oily skin, but right now it's been feeling dry. However I still sometimes get the surface shine. My forehead has been peeling since I flew last Thursday and I can't get the flakes to go. I've been using the Clarisonic nights and moisturizing creams, too. Bah!

VAL4M

I think it is because LMdB has reformulated their new lipsticks and they are selling the old formulas fast.
Yes I heard that! from someone or blog ... it was about time, wasn't the best lipstick in that price range by far !
the eyeshadows singles look tempting but i need to cut back so I didn't order anything but Tuscan Sunset (something like that) , Nutmeg and chameleon are tempting!!!
Never tried their blush so I can not say how they are performing.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Has anyone tried the new semi-sheer line of lipsticks yet? I'm curious about them. I seem to be in the minority, because I quite like LMdB lipsticks and would happily pick up more if I could get close to one of these sales. I've been tempted lately to try one of the package deals on their web site, since they also seem to have great bonus items there. The packages are expensive, but you get quite a bit per for your money.

katred

Specktra Bestie
MOAR KALEIDOSCOPES!!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/12/coming-soon-le-metier-de-beaute.html

I can't help thinking that two of the shades in this image look almost identical, but it's obviously a mock-up, so I'll wait to see the reviews. Wonder if they'll have any of them available through their web site?

VAL4M

MOAR KALEIDOSCOPES!!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/12/coming-soon-le-metier-de-beaute.html

I can't help thinking that two of the shades in this image look almost identical, but it's obviously a mock-up, so I'll wait to see the reviews. Wonder if they'll have any of them available through their web site?
I do not think this one will be on their website, when they are store exclusive we rarely see them on website and lately all Neiman Marcus LMdB LE kaleidoscope cannot be shipped to Canada :(

On a side note I saw Carnaby Kaleidoscope available on Beauty Bay website only downside it is 162.90$ CND!!! way to much for my wallet.

Latest posts