Le Metier de Beaute

Teger

The first beauty vault box came with the "Sterling Beauty" Dual Kaleidoscope which has been swatched here. As mentioned earlier it also included their kabuki brush and noir precision liquid liner. The one really new new product is the lipstick included. They say its a new formula. If anyone has wanted LMdB to come out with a matte/velvet finish then its time to dance! It's a deep cool-toned winey red. It feels very comfortable and not drying yet. Actually I don't feel the lip color. Not silicone-ridden and feeling like burberry lip velvets.

MadTheologian

http://www.carolrutz.com/blog/2013/08/le-metier-de-beaute-vip-subscription-box-aug-13/

I will link some pics from my blog, time to show off!
mac_boxday.gif
BTW, I received a different kaleidoscope, the Chauvet Pont d'Arc.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. That red...
crybaby.gif
So beautiful... I have Madaket already, which looks similar, just a bit deeper, but red lipsticks are my achilles heel. I can't get enough of them.

MadTheologian- Interesting that you got something different! I went back and forth on Chauvet Pont d'Arc for a long while and finally decided that the colours wouldn't look great on me, but now I'm doubting myself. Again.

MadTheologian

Wow. That red... :crybaby: So beautiful... I have Madaket already, which looks similar, just a bit deeper, but red lipsticks are my achilles heel. I can't get enough of them. MadTheologian- Interesting that you got something different! I went back and forth on Chauvet Pont d'Arc for a long while and finally decided that the colours wouldn't look great on me, but now I'm doubting myself. Again.
My husband did noticed that these colors are much richer applied than in the pan. The frosts are nice and smooth. The tricky part is the matte blue, a little dry and uneven application. Keep in mind I have NW40 skin and I applied to the inside of my arm.

Teger

The September box shipped out. Mine will be with me Friday. Cannot wait to see whats inside
yahoo.gif

Teger

Okay this months box has 2 new True Color Crème Shadows. The new formula is described as being "Long-wearing, waterproof and resistant to settling into creases, this hydrating, smooth-as-silk formula is incredibly easy to apply and even easier to admire." The two shades I recieved are Champagne Shimmer, and Starry Night (shimmery black) Will update with swatches a bit later.

MissTT

I kind of wish I would have gotten in on the boxes, but didn't have that large of a chunk I wanted to spare at the time.

Teger

Not impressed by these creme shadows at all. They crease within 30 minutes! Not long-wearing. How disappointing.

MadTheologian

Not impressed by these creme shadows at all. They crease within 30 minutes! Not long-wearing. How disappointing.
Hm. I wonder what will happen when I try them. I usually crease without primer and slightly with primer after 6-8 hours. The info sheet tells us that we can use the grey/black OVER regular shadow.

Teger

Hm.  I wonder what will happen when I try them.  I usually crease without primer and slightly with primer after 6-8 hours.  The info sheet tells us that we can use the grey/black OVER regular shadow.  
They work fine as bases. By themselves, they don't hold up. (they need set.) Layered starry night with the turquoise shade from pallid incandescents kaleidoscope. That was gorgeous.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm skeptical of cream shadows in general, but having seen these reviews, I'll be avoiding LMdB ones for certain. Am I the only one who wishes they would just pay attention to expanding their permanent line a little? They have great shadow and lipstick colours, but they need some new blood, as do the glosses and blushes!

Latest posts