Le Metier de Beaute

MissTT

icon_eek.gif
@ MadTheologian

katred

Specktra Bestie
No kidding. That reminded me of the infamous Big Bounce cream shadows. I will try the gray one over a shadow.
Oh dear...
icon_eek.gif

Those things were horrible!

Since I know that some here were lucky enough to get a preview of the new LMdB lipstick line, I thought you (well, all of us) might be interested in some further information. I missed this in the middle of Best Things in Beauty's Friday Forum a few weeks back:

"The Hydra-Crème Lipsticks are available in 16 new shades. Here's the press.

Stunning, healthy lips are yours with Le Métier de Beauté's new Hydra-Crème Lipsticks. The buttery, ultra-moisturizing formulation glides smoothly and evenly over lips for maximum comfort; long wear; and rich, brilliant color. Shades are a gorgeous mix of mattes and sheers, past favorites, and new, on-trend hues.

• Emollient, hydrating formula that won't slide
  • Delivers voluptuous, full-coverage color to lips
  • No mineral or animal derivatives
Translated, that means that Le Métier de Beauté's lipsticks have been reformulated. Some of your favorite colors today will remain available, but others will be gone forever once they sell out. You might want to stock up on your favorites now. Once again, I apologize for these miserable photos."

She has a couple of photos in her post, which you can see here:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/08/the-friday-forum-august-30.html

So it sounds like the entire lipstick line is being revamped, rather than them adding a new line of lipsticks. In that case, I'm eager to get my hands on a couple of shades I haven't had the chance to get yet (Bali and Monaco first and foremost). I'm already impressed with their lipsticks, but I guess I'm curious to see how they've improved on it. The one thing that disappoints me a little is seeing that there are only 16 shades. That means that the range will be quite a bit smaller than it is now.

MadTheologian

Translated, that means that Le Métier de Beauté's lipsticks have been reformulated. Some of your favorite colors today will remain available, but others will be gone forever once they sell out. You might want to stock up on your favorites now. Once again, I apologize for these miserable photos."

She has a couple of photos in her post, which you can see here:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/08/the-friday-forum-august-30.html

So it sounds like the entire lipstick line is being revamped, rather than them adding a new line of lipsticks. In that case, I'm eager to get my hands on a couple of shades I haven't had the chance to get yet (Bali and Monaco first and foremost). I'm already impressed with their lipsticks, but I guess I'm curious to see how they've improved on it. The one thing that disappoints me a little is seeing that there are only 16 shades. That means that the range will be quite a bit smaller than it is now.
In a few days, I shall visit Saks in Columbus. I hope that a LMdB counter is there, so I can figure out which colors are phased out. If there is no counter, I'll call Indianapolis. I think they remember who I am (the short & stout Latina from Fort Wayne), so I might have a better chance there. I do have Madaket-- it will be too bad if they are getting rid of that!

katred

Specktra Bestie
In a few days, I shall visit Saks in Columbus. I hope that a LMdB counter is there, so I can figure out which colors are phased out. If there is no counter, I'll call Indianapolis. I think they remember who I am (the short & stout Latina from Fort Wayne), so I might have a better chance there. I do have Madaket-- it will be too bad if they are getting rid of that!
Thanks for being our investigator! Madaket is indeed a fantastic colour and I really hope that isn't on the chopping block. I do find that there is some repetition in their line among the pinks and corals, but overall I felt that they had a nice range, especially among darker colours, which other brands tend not to have.

MadTheologian

UPDATE: Columbus does not carry LMdB, and Indianapolis NO LONGER carry the brand, Online only. There is another way, and I did friended a rep who works at NM in DC. Let me contact her on Facebook.

Bliss

I desperately wanted LMDB Corinthian eyeshadow, so I ordered it back in August and its still on back order... This was my first time ordering from NM and I've had such a horrible time with their customer service... The ship date changed from Sep. 20 to Oct. now to Nov.... They decided to ship my second item although I told them to wait till the back order becomes available... Then they charged my card again for the shipped item along with the first charges... I called in regards and was told that i'd have to wait... Then she said that 10 of them are on BO and only 6 are due to arrive from the manufacturer, so i shld hope I wasn't one of the last 4 to have place the BO... why would they have more people place BO if they know only a certain quantity would arrive.. I called again and decided to cancel the order and the CS rep told me I should get refunded within 37 days WTF... I reallyyyyy wanted that eyeshadow because it was such a lovely color... Am not sure if its worth all the hassle..

katred

Specktra Bestie
I desperately wanted LMDB Corinthian eyeshadow, so I ordered it back in August and its still on back order... This was my first time ordering from NM and I've had such a horrible time with their customer service... The ship date changed from Sep. 20 to Oct. now to Nov.... They decided to ship my second item although I told them to wait till the back order becomes available... Then they charged my card again for the shipped item along with the first charges... I called in regards and was told that i'd have to wait... Then she said that 10 of them are on BO and only 6 are due to arrive from the manufacturer, so i shld hope I wasn't one of the last 4 to have place the BO... why would they have more people place BO if they know only a certain quantity would arrive.. I called again and decided to cancel the order and the CS rep told me I should get refunded within 37 days WTF... I reallyyyyy wanted that eyeshadow because it was such a lovely color... Am not sure if its worth all the hassle..
How unpleasant! I'd heard good things about their customer service, but this doesn't sound good at all. It doesn't excuse them, but I do know that this item has been fiendishly difficult for retailers to stock and that the number of units they receive from the brand often doesn't correspond to what they've ordered. I got mine only because of a fluke- Zuneta had it in stock briefly, but it didn't show on the main LMdB page, only on the drop down menu when you went to select a colour. So it was sort of hidden. I do hope that you're able to get the shade one way or another.

For those of you who can make it to Neiman Marcus, here's the Carnaby Street kaleidoscope swatched by Best Things in Beauty:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/09/le-metier-de-beaute-neiman-marcus-fall.html

It's very pretty... For some reason, NM won't ship kaleidoscopes to Canada...
censored.gif

I'm trying to comfort myself with the fact that the first and third shades look kind of similar to the first and third shades in the Nouvelle Vague kaleidoscope. The blue looks a shade I've seen from them before too, although not one that I own. That tarnished pewter-taupe colour, though... to die for.

VAL4M

Thanks for the research!!

How unpleasant! I'd heard good things about their customer service, but this doesn't sound good at all. It doesn't excuse them, but I do know that this item has been fiendishly difficult for retailers to stock and that the number of units they receive from the brand often doesn't correspond to what they've ordered. I got mine only because of a fluke- Zuneta had it in stock briefly, but it didn't show on the main LMdB page, only on the drop down menu when you went to select a colour. So it was sort of hidden. I do hope that you're able to get the shade one way or another.

For those of you who can make it to Neiman Marcus, here's the Carnaby Street kaleidoscope swatched by Best Things in Beauty:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/09/le-metier-de-beaute-neiman-marcus-fall.html

It's very pretty... For some reason, NM won't ship kaleidoscopes to Canada...
censored.gif

I'm trying to comfort myself with the fact that the first and third shades look kind of similar to the first and third shades in the Nouvelle Vague kaleidoscope. The blue looks a shade I've seen from them before too, although not one that I own. That tarnished pewter-taupe colour, though... to die for.
Have you tried Saks fifth avenue??? I'm debating if I want it, but saks even have a promo code for 10$ for Canadian address .... it as 134$ taxes and shipping included. I'm on the fence with this one seems so dupable with their existing Kaleidoscopes and palette launch before.

VAL4M

Oups Saks Kaleidoscope and NM are not the same, they are different Sorry for the confusion
001_unsure.gif
I order Saks LMdB St-Dominingue anyway it look gorgeous! and at least they ship to Canada!

sarabeautime

Does anyone received "Saint Dominique" Kscope, the one from Saks? I would be very grateful for a swatch. Until now I have only seen the following swatch, but it is a little under exposed. http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2013/09/le-metier-de-beaute-eye-kaleidoscope-in.html

kait0

Hi! Fellow canadian here. I own no le metier products but am desperate to try out some of the raved about eyeshadows. I'm contemplating getting the Saks Saint Dominique kaleidoscope or just getting some single shadows. I love taupes and very much want Corinthian - which is sold of everywhere but the kaleidoscope at saks has colours that look to be similar/ can be when combined. http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/10/le-metier-de-beaute-saint-domingue.html#comment-form So was curious as to what you guys would recommend, the limited Ed. Kaleidoscope? or hold out and get some single shadows, like Corinthian if it ever is restocked? Thanks :)

VAL4M

I think it is personal preference, I like palettes and Kaleidoscope are nice palette and no other company have a similar concept. but If you are not interest in one colour in a Kaleidoscope you better buy 2 individual eyeshadows of your choice. Like any other company not all eyeshadows are made equal, I have jojo and Mia as individual eyeshadows and I barely used them, I find Jojo too sheer, and blah but if you look at reviews it is one of the best rated LMdB eyeshadows. I find the latest Kaleidoscope to have better pigmentation. But as much I like Silk Road, Pont the Chauvet and Bauhaus I barely used Nouvelle Vague (black too black and not enough difference between the other colours) and Tunisian Kit (colours too sheer in general). Hope it help :)

VAL4M

And Thank for the link, St-Domingue look really nice! now i'm really excited and can't wait for my kaleidoscope to arrive by mail
th_DANCE.gif

Teger

The Octover VIP box came and it included the Peau Vierge Dark Spot Corrector ($125). Curious if everyone recieved this.

MadTheologian

The Octover VIP box came and it included the Peau Vierge Dark Spot Corrector ($125). Curious if everyone recieved this.
Got mine yesterday. Tried it out last night. They suggested every other day, but I am confident (...or foolish) to do this everyday so I can see distinctive results.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi there! I think it's really a matter of personal preference with LMdB. Their shadows are very consistent in my experience, so you'll have excellent quality whichever you choose. I have the Bauhaus and Nouvelle Vague kaleidoscopes and like them very much, but my favourite colours come from the permanent line. Corinthian does sometimes get restocked, but it can be tricky to get. There are, however, some pretty close dupes. Mac Satin taupe is actually pretty close (a little less pink/ purple), as is Burberry Rosewood (a little less shimmery). Of their permanent shadows, I really love Chameleon (olive-tinged antique gold) and Jade (emerald green satin), along with Fire Lily and Fig. I love the fact that they have some really offbeat shades in their repertoire.

VAL4M

I received my Kaleidoscope I will try to upload some pictures, It is really pretty!!! a couple of shade look similar from other K but hey at one point a grey is a grey!
Wow first picture download on spectra!!! ok the 2,3,4,5 swatches are St-Domingue .... the first swatch is the second tier of Nouvelle vague, the 5th is from last tier from Bauhaus, the other light grey is the second tier of Splendid Frost and the only dupe is the 1 or 2 tier of Silk road and the last color is from the last tier of tunisian kit. hope this help!

Latest posts