Le Metier de Beaute

Eleentje

I'm a bit confused... The palette will contain 18 colours? Or you can pick from those colours?
*Edit. Looked it up and it looks really cool :) I have a fairly big collection of their e.s. singles, but it doesn't look like there would be a lot of repeats with this palette.

katred

Specktra Bestie
For fans of LMdB eyeshadow kaleidoscopes, there is a new LE palette being released this spring with 18 previously released es colors. Cost will be $95. I already have one reserved.

I imagine that the shadows will be quite small, but still... 18 of them! I wonder if they'll be permanent colours or shades that were previously available only in kaleidoscopes. Either way, I'm guessing it'll sell out in record time. And I'm guessing that I'll be scrambling to get one!

Here's a promo photo:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/01/coming-attraction-le-metier-de-beaute.html

Haven

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

I imagine that the shadows will be quite small, but still... 18 of them! I wonder if they'll be permanent colours or shades that were previously available only in kaleidoscopes. Either way, I'm guessing it'll sell out in record time. And I'm guessing that I'll be scrambling to get one!

Here's a promo photo:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/01/coming-attraction-le-metier-de-beaute.html

Yes the shadows are smaller than the regular size for this line, but you get 18 of them. Plus there will be 4 new lip cremes and a couple of new liquid eyeliners in the spring collection. There will also be a new eye mask.

More photos of the palette:
http://www.beautyprofessor.net/2013/01/mikey-castillo-and-new-lmdb-palette-at.html

VAL4M

Thanks for the recommendation! For some reason, this kaleidoscope has seemed to hang around much longer than others- not sure why.

Here's a promo photo:

No problem .... I do not know maybe because there was only a couple months between the launch of Northern lights and Chauvet and all the Saks special Kaleidoscopes .... I remember I had purchase three Kal. back to back on my credit card.... and of all three Chauvet have the darkest colours ... Northern light only have the dark purple and On the Coast is pretty neutral ....

VAL4M

I left a comment on the Beauty Look Book blog http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/02/le-metier-de-beaute-ultra-hydration-eye.html#comment-form asking when the 18 eyeshadow should be launch and Sabrina wrote NM expected to release it next week! Can't wait to see that palette on sale online!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I had read somewhere- cant quite remember where although it was yesterday- that this will be a mix of new and previously released shades. I'm excited!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, here is the official list of colours and a "live" pic:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/le-metier-de-beaute-melange-de-colour.html

Doesn't look like any of those are repeats, actually, although some of them look a lot like permanent or previously released shades.

In the comments, she says that each shadow is about the size of a nickel. I think that would make them around the same size as the Canadian/ Euro Chanel shadows, which means the palette is a pretty incredible deal.

Haven

My palette and the 4 new lip cremes are from NM. I work with a great SA there, however, and always get my products from her. So I am not really sure if this collection is an NM exclusive or not.

VAL4M

just pre-order mine! and i'm from Canada usually they do not let me, humm finger cross!
Maybe it will pop up on Zuneta (uk site) they are pretty good with LMdB.

Shypo

It was up on Nordies yesterday for about 2 hours, then poof - sold out. So it wasn't exclusive to NM. I got mine from NM before they sold out....wonder if Saks and BG will get them?

MissTT

Well that's crap. I just did Live Chat with them on Sunday night and they said they weren't sure if they were getting it and would call me when they did. However the day before this palette was released on NM, Nordies LiveChat told me they were definitely getting it. I've chatted with 3-4 different reps about this.

Shypo

As much as I love Nordies, sometimes they're hopeless. I called them when I found out NM was getting it, and the response was, yes, they thought so, but had no idea when. It's very frustrating when you call the stores that have LMdB counters and there's no one there - whomever answers the phone always says 'what?'. I called around different stores last night and my husband started laughing because every time I said 'Le Metier de Beaute' I had to say it twice. So annoying.

I'm convinced that no one in stores these days is up to snuff on their makeup lines - Chanel are the worst. Specktra is both a blessing and a curse as we are up to speed, but seem to be the only ones.

MissTT

Ha ha you are so right. People didn't really seem to know what I was talking about. My SA was calling around for me and she said most of the counters aren't even staffed and no one knew what she was talking about. She told me just to get it at NM if I really wanted it as it seemed sketchy. LMdB is a really small brand so it sounds like most stores didn't get it.

Shypo

Yes, they are a small brand - and yes, the counters are rarely staffed. When I call the San Jose store, invariably someone answers the phone whose accent I can't understand, so the language barrier is doubled with me trying to pronounce a French name. They have the counter over in the corner, but I have to say they really don't do a very good job of cross-training the SAs in that store. My Nordies at home is pretty decent - they all know all the brands, and can generally help. I think those new 'bays' that Nordies uses just put walls up between counters and people have no idea who anybody is. My store still has the old actual counter setup, so it's more 'open'.

I hope you're able to find one!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I see that they've launched a new sort of web store. Rather than compete with their distributors, they're offering deals on purchases of specially selected "sets"- like a lip kaleidoscope and lip brush for $95 (the price of the kaleidoscope on its own anywhere else). I can't really afford it, but I'm super tempted by the combination of the facial mask and foundation...

VAL4M

Wow just got my confirmation that my 18-colour palette just been ship!!! took almost a month because it was back order!
So if people are interested contact NM!

MissTT

If anyone wants one I'm going to end up with an extra. While I was waiting on one store another came through. I'd hate to have to return it and have them pitch it. To be honest, I tried the gorgeous Echo blush and it didn't even show up on my skin. Makes me think this line is not WOC friendly and lessens my interest in the eye shadows.

MissTT

Poops and ladders! I did end up with an extra palette. I told the Nordstrom SA to cancel the order and she sent it anyway. I was just going to return it, but I feel badly b/c I know people had trouble finding this (myself included.) If anyone wants the Melange de Colour palette please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to return it and they'll toss it.
ssad.gif

Latest posts