Le Metier de Beaute

VAL4M

I see that they've launched a new sort of web store. Rather than compete with their distributors, they're offering deals on purchases of specially selected "sets"- like a lip kaleidoscope and lip brush for $95 (the price of the kaleidoscope on its own anywhere else). I can't really afford it, but I'm super tempted by the combination of the facial mask and foundation...
Ok have you seen the shipping price!! They offer pallid Kaleidoscope a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist, I was to push the buy icon until i say the shipping charge! it was 60$ of shipping to Canada! :(
Bummer!

MissTT

$60!
jawdrop.gif
I had a feeling the shipping would be ridiculous. Even though I cancelled my order the Nordstrom SA sent me the Melange palette anyway. I really think she did it on purpose as I gave her several days notice. I haven't sent it back to Nordstrom yet, but if anyone missed out please let me know. I really hope it finds a good home since it was so hard to find.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ok have you seen the shipping price!! They offer pallid Kaleidoscope a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist, I was to push the buy icon until i say the shipping charge! it was 60$ of shipping to Canada! :(
Bummer!
Are they sending it via NASA rocket? I can ship a small package FedEx overnight to the West coast for less than that!

MissTT- I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a good home for it... Those palettes were available for about ten minutes before they sold out!

MissTT

I hope so, Katred. I haven't heard from a single person yet and I thought for sure someone would snap it up. I agree it was gone, baby gone! Did you get it? If so what did you think?

VAL4M

Are they sending it via NASA rocket? I can ship a small package FedEx overnight to the West coast for less than that!

MissTT- I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a good home for it... Those palettes were available for about ten minutes before they sold out!
LOL I know! Zuneta who shipped from the UK is like 7pound! and they are shipping overseas. it was over 160$ for one Kad
icon_eek.gif

MissTT go on Ebay and sell it twice the price ;)

katred

Specktra Bestie
LOL I know! Zuneta who shipped from the UK is like 7pound! and they are shipping overseas. it was over 160$ for one Kad
icon_eek.gif

MissTT go on Ebay and sell it twice the price ;)
It figures that they just launched an exclusive kaleidoscope in colours I really want..

http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com/products/femme-fatale

Oh well... I'm sure I have some colours that are similar...

Edit: And speaking of Zuneta, does anyone know what's going on with them? It's been a month and a half since they updated their web site. They're out of stock or limited in colour selection for a lot of products and they haven't received any of the new launches for brands they carry. I hope they're ok!!

VAL4M

I do not know the last time I went on their Website it was during their 20% off sale a month ago and yes I did notice a lot of the items were out of stock but I blame it on the sale ....
Their having a auction tonight with all past Kaleidoscope I do not expect any deal here :(

meleftie

$60! 
jawdrop.gif
 I had a feeling the shipping would be ridiculous. Even though I cancelled my order the Nordstrom SA sent me the Melange palette anyway. I really think she did it on purpose as I gave her several days notice. I haven't sent it back to Nordstrom yet, but if anyone missed out please let me know. I really hope it finds a good home since it was so hard to find.
That palette is stellar so many great colors in it. Maybe its a sign you should keep it. I do hate when SA's are a bit sneaky that way, I've had that happen a time or two as well.

meleftie

I can't believe the shipping from their site outside the US is that high. I've ordered 3 since they've started re-releasing and the shipping was free on each. Of course one arrived with a broken color - after a week of emailing they FINALLY replied and of course by then the palette was sold out :sigh: I did receive a refund but I really wish they'd improve their packaging and work on QC of packaging/shipment. For the prices they charge for the product they should be able to find packaging that holds up better.

MissTT

That palette is stellar so many great colors in it. Maybe its a sign you should keep it. I do hate when SA's are a bit sneaky that way, I've had that happen a time or two as well.
I have two.
001_unsure.gif
I forgot I even had them. I'll probably return the Nordstrom one when I make my next batch of returns.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I can't believe the shipping from their site outside the US is that high. I've ordered 3 since they've started re-releasing and the shipping was free on each. Of course one arrived with a broken color - after a week of emailing they FINALLY replied and of course by then the palette was sold out
sigh.gif
I did receive a refund but I really wish they'd improve their packaging and work on QC of packaging/shipment. For the prices they charge for the product they should be able to find packaging that holds up better.
10000000% agree. That's shocking. Actually, the only product I ever received broken in a Zuneta order was one of their shadows (Jade). Plus I've heard numerous people say that their lipsticks frequently have smooshed tops.

VAL4M

yah I went back for Femme Fatal and I guess the first time I ask for express shipping because it was "only" 23$ or something for Canadian address sorry for the misinformation, but after looking at the colour I decide it wasn't worth it I had similar colour in other Kaleidoscope (the blue look like the blue in Splendid Frost, and on the coast, the purple look similar then northen light, the gold look similar like the gold silk road or event tunisian wrist and the light brown-taupe .... I have Jojo and half of the kaleidoscope I own have this light brown-taupe.
I'm sure one of these days another Kaleidoscope will tempted me but i'm now getting picky.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Build your own kaleidoscope!

http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com/collections/shop-the-vault/products/customized-and-curated

And just to make you extra crazy... only some of the shades are from the permanent line. The others are all unique to this promotion.

VAL4M

ok who will subscribe for their box at 300$ and more for 12 month??? couldn't they done it like the others beauty box? 35$ per month for 12 months would have been great, but 300$ one time only, a little too much for my wallet!

MissTT

It works out to $29/month but clearly they're trying to make sure you stay subscribed. If you totally love the brand it's a good deal. Otherwise it's a lot of cheese all at once.

VAL4M

yes i know but what I meant is even if they offer let say: pay one time only at this amount or 5$ more per month to have the same thing I would have gone with the ''per month'' instead of the one time deal they offer right now. :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
For those of you in the US who are lucky enough to be able to order/ buy such things... Here's photos of some of the many new palettes that Le Metier has:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/06/le-metier-de-beaute-summer-nights-dream.html

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/06/le-metier-de-beaute-zeitgeist-blusheye.html

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/06/coming-very-soon-le-metier-de-beaute.html

I like the look of the kaleidoscope, but the other palettes don't really excite me personally. (Although one of them contains "Oyster", the highlight shade from my sadly missed "Femme Fatale"). I think it might have to do with the scary photographs.

Teger

Did anyone else sign up for their beauty box?! Can't wait... it'll be delivered on Monday.

Looks like there's a (new formula) lipstick, kaleidoscope, liquid liner (noir) and a kubuki brush. That's $254 retail.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Did anyone else sign up for their beauty box?! Can't wait... it'll be delivered on Monday.

Looks like there's a (new formula) lipstick, kaleidoscope, liquid liner (noir) and a kubuki brush. That's $254 retail.
Wow. I don't even think we can get that up here, but it sounds amazing. Would love to see swatches if you can post them, or at least to get your thoughts on the products!

MadTheologian

Yes, I did...looks like I won't be buying MAC products any time soon. I saved my money for that, and I am looking forward to my package. Already, the value of the first box is more than half of the initial cost!

Latest posts