Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
We can't order from the MAC website and my husband called the store in Vienna and they said that they do not ship orders from the store.

Thats weird- I wonder if its just that store- I've ordered from the stores before...
ssad.gif
that sucks!

Corvs Queen

Yeah, tell me about it. I hope to do some MAC shopping while I'm home for Christmas. I mean, sure I have to drive to Tennessee but that better than driving to Vienna from here.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
forget the shirt, WTF is that mascara??????????
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
:confused: :confused:

I'm still trying to work out where you fit the battery
winks.gif

ambriel

hee hee hee
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I'm still trying to work out where you fit the battery
winks.gif

BadPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
omg! that looks like that Sonia Kashuk brand from target, with the mac sticker taken off a box and stuck on the palette!! thats so freekin insane!!!

You are most likely right, did you read the description...
Now you can try a whole variety of colors in this unique, custom created palette.

She's making these herself....
icon_eek.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by msthrope
ok...this inquring mind has wanted to know for a while and is finally going to ask. how do you find all this crap on ebay (as well as some of the more obscure good stuff)? do you search through every new MAC auction each night?

The night before last I did in fact go through every M·A·C item listed on eBay but that was a one-off to figure out the level of counterfeiting that goes on. I identified 40 auctions with counterfeit items out of 3,700 listed although of those 3,700 listed only about half actually had any M·A·C content - lots were for things like traincases or non-M·A·C eyeshadow pallettes or non-M·A·C brush sets (which might have had small samples of M·A·C pigment as a bonus)

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by msthrope
ok...this inquring mind has wanted to know for a while and is finally going to ask. how do you find all this crap on ebay (as well as some of the more obscure good stuff)? do you search through every new MAC auction each night?

Lol. I look through Ebay about twice a week. Sometimes I search for specific MAC items, other times I just search "MAC" because a lot of things don't get seen if they're miscategorized - I've gotten AWESOME deals that way. I also have favorite searches saved like "MAC Heatherette" - that's how I won my heatherette. They emailed it to me. Otherwise, I would have never seen it because I normally only look through eyeshadows.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
The night before last I did in fact go through every M·A·C item listed on eBay but that was a one-off to figure out the level of counterfeiting that goes on. I identified 40 auctions with counterfeit items out of 3,700 listed although of those 3,700 listed only about half actually had any M·A·C content - lots were for things like traincases or non-M·A·C eyeshadow pallettes or non-M·A·C brush sets (which might have had small samples of M·A·C pigment as a bonus)

WOW - what a turn rate... thats horrible.

Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPrincess
You are most likely right, did you read the description...
Now you can try a whole variety of colors in this unique, custom created palette.

She's making these herself....
icon_eek.gif

i think that's kind of neat actually

caffn8me

MAC COSMETICS MIRROR HAND HELD LARGE COLLECTABLE !!!!! - yours for only $500! The last mirror sold on eBay actually went for $56.86 so I suspect this seller is being just a tad optimistic.

Today's fake report - we have a lot of fake items from the following vendors;

Other sellers who have recently sold significant amounts of counterfeit M·A·C include;

In the past 48 hours I have identified and reported 63 auctions listing counterfeit items.

Grace

Quote:
In the past 48 hours I have identified and reported 63 auctions listing counterfeit items.

let us know what ebay does about it...i'm curious
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Other sellers who have recently sold significant amounts of counterfeit M·A·C include;

gettingglam is getting back into the swing of things with over 40 new counterfeit M·A·C items listed today including this gem - M·A·C Lightful foundation;