Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPrincess
Here's another seller with the mirror & brush in the bottom of the pot, this one's for blush not eyeshadow.... Auction reads:
""This product comes with a built in mirror and blush brush - fantastic!""
Shade #M06
:confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-POWDER-BLUSH...cmd ZViewItem

OMG, and do you see the stupid COMIC SANS font on the package? With that cheap 99 cents blush broom.. LOL
rofl.gif

BadPrincess

I know, I checked out the other items they have:
Lustreglass... lipgloss, picture has a box with a window & the lustreglass is like clear w/tint of color so light in color you can see the wand & I think it's a sponge wand not a brush!
I really don't understand why someone would put so much time and/or money into making fake cosmetics!

BadPrincess

I wrote them & asked: Why are the shadows numbered, why don't they have REAL MAC names? Also why is the packaging different?

Here's the reply:
""hi thanks for your question

we are un aware of any different packaging these are the items shipped direct from our MAC supplier. The japanese and canadian market use numbers rather that names. i hope this helps.

if you have any other questions please just email me.

Laura x ""

I know we have members from canada on here... Is this true LOL

Ambi

^ those shadows I bought from gettingglam, the boxes say made in Canada/fabrique au Canada - maccosmetics.com, since I am now 99% sure this is actually CRAP, not MAC, I'm just curious as to what the real MAC eye shadow boxes say about where they're made in, etc? I don't have any so I can't compare them :/

caffn8me

I can't see any numbers for eyeshadows on this page from M·A·C in Japan. I believe the Japanese name for Carbon is カーボン

A lot of M·A·C products are made in Canada as that's where the company originated. The Canadians don't use numbers instead of names either.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
^ those shadows I bought from gettingglam, the boxes say made in Canada/fabrique au Canada - maccosmetics.com, since I am now 99% sure this is actually CRAP, not MAC, I'm just curious as to what the real MAC eye shadow boxes say about where they're made in, etc? I don't have any so I can't compare them :/

shadowbox.jpg
shadowbox1.jpg

OK - here's one I squashed earlier. The interesting thing to note is that it isn't a simple box. The front with the hole has two layers of cardboard - the second one spaced a couple of millimetres back from the first. You can see this quite well when the box is squashed. I'll see if I can find my camera and take an unsquashed photo which will show it in more detail. The name of the eye shadow is on a little black sticker on the end - in this case Trax.

caffn8me

The typeface (font) for the ingredients and the description on the back of your box isn't correct. Also look at the B on the Back 2 M·A·C logo - all wrong. Your box also doesn't have the correct double front. 100% guaranteed fake.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-Eye-Shadow-P...cmd ZViewItem

dont people realize that these are 12.50??

For some people, it's the only option.
Like me for example.
I live in Austria and there is only 1 MAC here. It's all the way in Vienna though and the last time I was there I wasn't into MAC. So, me personally, I can totally understand people paying that much for a 15 pan.

msthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa

anddddddd wtf is this?!?

it looks like a jiffy marker with a MAC logo embossed on it.

melozburngr

even if you don't have a counter or store nearby... (I have a counter, but no store, so if I want palettes, I wait or order) it seems like even with shipping it would be cheaper to order it (from the nearest store) than to pay 35 + shipping on Ebay.. YIKES.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
even if you don't have a counter or store nearby... (I have a counter, but no store, so if I want palettes, I wait or order) it seems like even with shipping it would be cheaper to order it (from the nearest store) than to pay 35 + shipping on Ebay.. YIKES.

We can't order from the MAC website and my husband called the store in Vienna and they said that they do not ship orders from the store.