MAC - Haute & Naughty Lash Discussion

Susanne

MAC will release a new mascara in fall. US launch will be September 2010.

We got a first pic!

6205fdf8-1.jpg

Source: MAC Haute & Naughty Lash: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

What do you think?

LMD84

well i'm not sure what the whole glitter ring is about! i feel it makes the tube a little tacky... but perhaps you can remove it all together. the pink lids are nice though! and of course it will be nice when we know what the mascara does!
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Well, it will look stylish in your purse!

indeed!
smiles.gif
and will be easy to find amungst all the black tubes!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Well, it will look stylish in your purse!

Agreed! I want this purely for the packaging - I don't think I really care what it does!!!
th_LMAO.gif

shontay07108

I like the packaging, but I sure as hell won't be buying it. My first Mac mascara, Opulash, nearly burned my eyes out. Total pass for me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I like the packaging, but I sure as hell won't be buying it. My first Mac mascara, Opulash, nearly burned my eyes out. Total pass for me.

oh goodness! not cool at all
thmbdn.gif

tthelwell

Oh yay!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

For once I have the 411 on this mascara! I had a chance to be a part of the consumer testing for this mascara. I didn't know what it was while we were testing but when we returned it they told us it was a future MAC Mascara!

It was actually a GREAT mascara and I HATED that I had to give it back! I will be BUYING THIS FOR SURE!!!

So here's how it works....the brush can be used two ways. First way is to pull off just the pink part of the tube...the brush will be pulled through a smaller hole in the purple/glitter cap and you will get less product. This way is for separating and lengthening the lashes.

The second way is to pull off both the pink and purple/glitter caps together so the brush is just pulled through the bottle itself like a normal mascara. You get a fuller brush with more product so you can get volume.

I got volume and length and it made my lashes super thick and black. It was the perfect mascara for me!

monter

To me, it seems like there are only two mascara tubes up there - and there are two pictures of each, just with a different 'form.'

You can see that when the purple ring is on the tube, the mascara 'stick' is thinner (and maybe the wand is a little thinner too?), but when the purple ring is on the mascara wand piece, the stick is thicker and the wand seems to be a little shorter and a little broader.

So... transformers mascara?
lol.gif

Edit: I was right! I was writing this as tthelwell was writing her post, haha.

That sounds awesome!

tthelwell

Yep u r exactly right monter! The brush is pulled though the little black tube on the purple cap when you pull out just the pink cap.

Swirlgirl

Tthelwell: Was the brush of "normal" size or is it one of those Opulush/Lash Blastl/DiorShow sized brushes?
And thanks for that great info! It sounds promising...

I would love it if MAC included some Haute & Naughty *lashes* with this collection. The name just begs to have some killer, dramatic, fun lashes promoted too!

LMD84

aha! i get it! this does indeed sound interesting, and if the mascara is good then i shall be buying!
smiles.gif
opulash was the first mascara that i liked frommac.. perhaps they are stepping up their game with mascaras!

spunky

dumb question time, but will this be a LE item or part of the permenant line?

and if it is permenant, do you think that they'd keep the pink and purple components, or have maybe matte black/shiney black instead?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
dumb question time, but will this be a LE item or part of the permenant line?

and if it is permenant, do you think that they'd keep the pink and purple components, or have maybe matte black/shiney black instead?

These are just preliminary information - we will know more soon I guess.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've gone from a MAC mascara hater to a believer in the last couple of years. I'm kind of a mascara nut- it's always been the one thing I can't leave the house without. Right now I have Plushlash in black (nice thickening power, although if it gets in my eyes, it's bad news), Dazzlelash in brown and Opulash. I'll probably end up getting this one too, just to see if I can tell the difference between it and the others...

dxgirly

I wish they'd put out a new formula of waterproof mascara. I can't wear regular mascara because my eyes naturally water a lot and I end up with raccoon eyes.
ssad.gif

toxicglitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthelwell
Oh yay!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

For once I have the 411 on this mascara! I had a chance to be a part of the consumer testing for this mascara. I didn't know what it was while we were testing but when we returned it they told us it was a future MAC Mascara!

It was actually a GREAT mascara and I HATED that I had to give it back! I will be BUYING THIS FOR SURE!!!

So here's how it works....the brush can be used two ways. First way is to pull off just the pink part of the tube...the brush will be pulled through a smaller hole in the purple/glitter cap and you will get less product. This way is for separating and lengthening the lashes.

The second way is to pull off both the pink and purple/glitter caps together so the brush is just pulled through the bottle itself like a normal mascara. You get a fuller brush with more product so you can get volume.

I got volume and length and it made my lashes super thick and black. It was the perfect mascara for me!

o0o. after i read your post i went back to the picture and looked at it and thought it out to see what you were talking about. took me a couple of minutes then i was like "OOOOHH I GET IT NOW!" lol.
tong.gif