MAC - Haute & Naughty Lash Discussion

MAC'sMyBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIT
I just want it cause it's sparkles. I like shiny things..

Me too! SO pretty!
Were like birds by the way...attracted to shiny objects
MAC really knows the way to our hearts as well as our pockets.

melzie2121

This seems interesting. I didn't like Opulash but I do love Plush lash so hopefully it'll be even better. I love the packaging because I'm a sucker for cute sparkly things.
smiles.gif

akstarr81

Hmmm, interesting. Love MAC but have never been too impressed with the mascara. I've been on a total mascara quest the past few years; always looking for something better. Right now I'm obsessed with Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Effet Extension. I LOVE the spherical brush and it really gives me beautiful length and great separation. But it's pretty damn pricey at $29 and it's only at Sephora, which means I have to order it since I live in Alaska and there's no Sephora here (yet).
ssad.gif
This looks like it would at least be worth a shot.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by akstarr81
Hmmm, interesting. Love MAC but have never been too impressed with the mascara. I've been on a total mascara quest the past few years; always looking for something better. Right now I'm obsessed with Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Effet Extension. I LOVE the spherical brush and it really gives me beautiful length and great separation. But it's pretty damn pricey at $29 and it's only at Sephora, which means I have to order it since I live in Alaska and there's no Sephora here (yet).
ssad.gif

that is crazy epencive in the uk too which is why i refuse to buy it! no mater how cool/good it is!

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akstarr81
ssad.gif

I've wanted that mascara ever since I saw it in the Sephora catalog!
tong.gif
Lucky you for trying it!
greengrin.gif
Perhaps you've tried this, but L'Oreal makes a mascara that I find imitates the Givenchy Phenom Eyes brush, though I have not tried either myself so I can't say they are the same. Hopefully the results are just as good and you can save some money! Here is a link to it just in case: Telescopic Explosion.

I can't wait for more reviews on this mascara, plus before and after pics!
yes.gif

kdolll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Me too! I don't even wear mascara, and I really want this!

HAHAHA SAME HERE! God, im such a makeup hoarder!

tinkerbelle2001

OK, last friday I got to check this mascara out on a MAC press event. I reminded me of th Rimmel 1-2-3 looks mascara that just came out in Europe, it's the same concept. I have some pics for you...

MACAWpresentatie21.jpg

MACAWpresentatie22.jpg

MACAWpresentatie23.jpg

MACAWpresentatie29.jpg

When you twist the pink cap, you will pull the brush through a smaller hole, there will be less mascara on the brush. When you twist the purple cap, the hole will be larger and there will be more product on the brush, which will give you more impact on the lashes. The brush is not a big as the Opulash one, but had strange fibers, different then normal, a bit more bushy....or something like that! I don't think the mascara has glitters in it, but I'm not sure.

Looks like a fun thing, but not very unique in it's idea!

LMD84

^ thanks for the infomation and pictures hun! much appriciated. i shall buy it, purely because it looks interesting!
tong.gif
sad right?!

laylalovesmac

I have never liked MAC mascaras, but am very intrigued by this one.... Will have to check this out- it seems really cool and looks pretty but if the formula sucks, I won't be getting this.... I want some more reviews!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
^ thanks for the infomation and pictures hun! much appriciated. i shall buy it, purely because it looks interesting!
tong.gif
sad right?!

That is pretty much the reason I am buying it as well.
tong.gif
Plus I am always on the lookout for my HG mascara.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlossy
I have that rimmel 123 mascara and I hate it. I have never tried that mac one is it good?

it's new so nobody has tried it just yet. but hopefully itwill be good. i hate rimmel mascaras so understand what you feel about that one!

xFlossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's new so nobody has tried it just yet. but hopefully itwill be good. i hate rimmel mascaras so understand what you feel about that one!

Ahhh oops lol.

I like the glam eyes mascara, but that 123 one is so gloopy and clumpy that I chucked it out after first use.

blusherie

I have never actually bought a MAC mascara before, although I have 6 Zoom Lash samples from the free shipping codes. I really hope this mascara isn't clumpy like Zoom Lash! I also am not in love with the packaging....all of the rest of MAC's packaging is sleek and modern, and this tube doesn't seem to fit as well...i dunno.
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusherie
I have never actually bought a MAC mascara before, although I have 6 Zoom Lash samples from the free shipping codes. I really hope this mascara isn't clumpy like Zoom Lash! I also am not in love with the packaging....all of the rest of MAC's packaging is sleek and modern, and this tube doesn't seem to fit as well...i dunno.
th_dunno.gif

I am not crazy about the tube either. I like it, but I think they could have made it look sleeker, as well. It's pretty, but in the real pictures versus promo pics, the pink doesn't look very good with the purple IMO.
th_dunno.gif

Babylard

*gasps* at the rimmel hate. i actually love their 30 second nail polish and the extra super lash is my HG with prep and prime lash, more so than dazzlelash, plushlash,studio fix mascaras............. i've yet to try opulash

kisou

Reading everything posted, I almost feel bad about not really thinking about the mascara I use on a day to day! On second thought, maybe it really is time to move on from Zoomlash.... like someone else said, it's always been chunky for me so maybe it's time to try a new formula. Maybe these new releases will be something better...? The only think I can think about this product being a hassle is the (possible) mess of having to pull the wand through one tube versus another. I just imagine there being a mess everywhere!

LMD84

i'm a mascara whore and use so many! any brand generally although i'll never pay for super expencive ones like dior. tried them out and really don't think they're worth it.

NonoX

I'm going to give this one a try....
I agree with you LDM84, I'm always wondering what's about the dior's one, I found them so.... shitty.