MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Leven

I have heard that the mini sized brushes included in sets like this are not as high quality/soft/amazing as the full sized ones. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
th_dunno.gif
I really would love to get the set with the foundation brush, but i'm just not sure.

I got a mini Kabuki in one of the Mineralized sets from last year (which were amazing) and it works great. Maybe its only the eyes brushes? I'm so torn lol

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
I have heard that the mini sized brushes included in sets like this are not as high quality/soft/amazing as the full sized ones. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
th_dunno.gif
I really would love to get the set with the foundation brush, but i'm just not sure.

I got a mini Kabuki in one of the Mineralized sets from last year (which were amazing) and it works great. Maybe its only the eyes brushes? I'm so torn lol

The 'holiday' brushes are not of the same quality as the full sized/short handled brushes that MAC produce. Most MAC SA will actually tell you this, well those that i've spoken to at different counters have. You either love them or loathe them like Marmite.

Visi

Here's a swatch of Moonlight Night pigment in a German forum compared to Deep Blue Green and Teal pigment
drools.gif

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the pictures, Visi!
heart.gif
They're all pretty!
love.gif

Her Blooming Cheek looks like a beautiful bright pink!
greengrin.gif
Do I need it if I have Florida, Full Fuchsia, and Tippy?
cutey.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Thanks a lot!
I still think it's too bright for me tho.
ssad.gif

But I like the look of "Tippy"
drools.gif
- never heard of this blush before! It was probably an LE, right?
ssad.gif

Tippy is a beauty powder blush from Hello Kitty collection.
winks.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Tippy is a beauty powder blush from Hello Kitty collection.
winks.gif

I knew it...
ssad.gif
Too bad but you can't have everything I guess
crybaby.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Tippy is awesome! Definitely one of my faves! I will get Her Blooming Cheek
smiles.gif

Yeah, right. Twist the knife in my heart right now!
cry.gif
*just kidding*
HBC seems to be too matte for me tho. I like my blushes to be shiny and shimmery - at least a bit.

Susanne

Quote:
cry.gif
*just kidding*
HBC seems to be too matte for me tho. I like my blushes to be shiny and shimmery - at least a bit.

th_hug.gif
mac_blushaddict.gif

I love Sheertone Shimmer blushes, but you can wear a MSF or a Beauty Powder over a matte blush!

candycane80

So a tedy bear??? I'm scratching my head on that one not a fan!
th_dunno.gif

The suspense is killing me I must know about those pigment sets I get those everytime they come out.

candycane80

Quote:
cry.gif
*just kidding*

Me too the more shimmer the better I hate matte on me I feel like an old lady!

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
th_hug.gif
mac_blushaddict.gif

I love Sheertone Shimmer blushes, but you can wear a MSF or a Beauty Powder over a matte blush!

Yes, that's true but I rather already buy shimmery blushes. That way I'm done faster. That's why I love mineralized blushes. As far as my experience goes, they seem to be more shimmery compared to the powder blushes, right?
And I'm rather sad that there is no LE mineralized blush coming out in the next collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycane80
Me too the more shimmer the better I hate matte on me I feel like an old lady!

*high five*
drinkup.gif

LittleMaryJane

I can't wait for an update---I'm actually pretty excited for this collection. I usually don't get so excited so far in advance. HBC looks great, I think that's definitely on my list.. I don't have anything like it.

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
*frantically refreshes*

Yes, so true!
I'm glad my husband's on a seminar - he'd think I've gone nuts!
th_crazy2.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
Here's a swatch of Moonlight Night pigment in a German forum compared to Deep Blue Green and Teal pigment
drools.gif

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

now this is hot!!!!