MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
LOL i'd join you but I have lectures in the morning.

awwh! well you have something to keep you going through your classes
tong.gif
tuesdays are my day off so i'll be catching up on my zzzz's instead of coursework tomorrow
winks.gif

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtootsiexo
HBC = Hudson Bay Company
lol.gif

Yes The Bay. I knew it sounded familiar. Hey I just woke up and haven't had my coffee ok. haha
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
HSBC bank perhaps? lol

I believe the third pigment is 'Later'.

Yes that too. lol Ok good, I think Ill do well sticking to my list this time.

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Yes she does!
heart.gif

Thanks for the info! I was already wondering where she gets all the information from.
And why is the update today? Because she's not allowed to say anything earlier?
th_confused_new.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
tong.gif
tuesdays are my day off so i'll be catching up on my zzzz's instead of coursework tomorrow
winks.gif

it's usually my day off too but i'm working 6 days this week. so i'm sad that i wont have much specktra time! however i will make sure that i check this thread before work!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
hehe you always feel better when you can skip something hey?

what time is it in the US? is it update time yet? i'm going to stay up until the info is put online... yeah i'm that sad
th_DANCE.gif

yes, it does
greengrin.gif

And where I am it is 12:25 PM, but I am on PST I believe (hard to say since my state does not do Daylight Savings) So... it may be awhile.
ssad.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Thanks for the info! I was already wondering where she gets all the information from.
th_confused_new.gif

MAC employees go to a MAC update every three months or so to learn about the new collections coming out. Today is the day Erin goes to her MAC update.
winkiss.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
th_confused_new.gif

it's a physical update that all MAC staff go to. they get to see the products in person, get the update book and generally learn about what the collections are coming out in the next few months, so the reason she's not said anything is that she's not been to the update yet
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's usually my day off too but i'm working 6 days this week. so i'm sad that i wont have much specktra time! however i will make sure that i check this thread before work!!

ssad.gif
that sucks, but think of all the pennies you'll have for spending! and after 6 days on the trot you'll deserve a wee treat
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
tong.gif
winks.gif

True, i'll have to quickly skim through the threads to find all the hot info when I get back home. Trust my lecture days to fall on MAC release days *Tuesday's* and *Thursday's*
nope.gif

Enjoy your day off
choochoo.gif

User38

ok, since Stylistics was kind enough (big thanks and hug) to provide some ID on these products, I will now post two fluidlines -- one I believe is the purple one... the other is yet to be id'd.. if someone knows, feel free to name this sucka.. (always remember that I don't know, until I do know..lol).. nothing is certain.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
ok, since Stylistics was kind enough (big thanks and hug) to provide some ID on these products, I will now post two fluidlines -- one I believe is the purple one... the other is yet to be id'd.. if someone knows, feel free to name this sucka.. (always remember that I don't know, until I do know..lol).. nothing is certain.

fluidlines? are we getting fluidlines with TT?
th_DANCE.gif

User38

swatched on NC20 arm:

the purple is the first one, the sage green is after that (note the sage green may never be used..lol)

Pinkdollface

Quote:

They look pretty and not boring like the ones from last year! Thanks for the picture!
greengrin.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
swatched on NC20 arm:

the purple is the first one, the sage green is after that (note the sage green may never be used..lol)

Wait are those the megametal shadows?!

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Gorgeous! Thank god I don't use gel liner- skip!
greengrin.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
Wait are those the megametal shadows?!

yes maam.. coming right up in the New stuff for 2011
winkiss.gif

Spunky darlin, if I put the liner in the wrong place, would you be so kind as to move it? ty
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
damn, I might have got the wrong thread
greengrin.gif
-- where is the Stylistics post about the products she saw?

A few pages back....
choochoo.gif

spunky

Quote:
damn, I might have got the wrong thread
greengrin.gif
-- where is the Stylistics post about the products she saw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic_x3
HELLOO!!

I went to my local MAC Store today & saw that they were PRE-SELLING for a Tartan Tale! They had the book of pictures & information, I nearly fainted of over excitement!
drools.gif

I haven't been reading the last bunch of pages of this thread, so Idk if I'm just giving away old news... but I'm going to share in case anyway!

I'm just excited at the fact that new Dazzleglass Cremes are on their way, but was disappointed to not see "Amorous" DGC in the collection. I just feel like it's the ultimate holiday color.

The single eyeshadows are in their regular packaging, & have a Tartan-like print imprinted on the actual makeup product itself. Quite cute, if you ask me! They also have a cute teddybear with tartan print on it, I believe for their special holiday charity? As well as their Viva Glam lipset consisting of VG V l/s & l/g in a tartan bag, which also goes to their AIDS fund.

Sorry I can't provide anymore info! But I hope this kind of helps the itch we're all feeling. I'M SO EXCIIITED!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic_x3
I unfortunately did not get any nitty gritty details (like names etc), because I was in such a rush, but I was trying to take in the photos provided as much as possible. The eyeshadows do seem to be just the single regular eyeshadows, not MES, for a change.

They didn't seem to have info on the quint-pigments & quint-lipglass mini sets in their book. I also did not see many new things we haven't already seen as far as the lip bags, brush bags & palettes go. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can refer to Temptalia's blog HERE.)

However, I did see that the pigment/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consisting of that teal looking pigment, & Blitz & Glitz fluidline has an alternative set to choose from. The other piggy/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consists of a purple pigment & a deep purple fluidline. (Again, sorry that I don't have names!) From what I can try to remember, the pigment was a pretty deep purple, but not like a black-ish purple or anything; definitely didn't look like a lavender or lighter violet, to me. (Just a side note, I'm SO planning to get this one, haha!
yahoo.gif
)

I'd also like to add that the official launch date for the Tartan Tale collection will be a little later this year: October 28, 2010.

***I sincerely apologize in advanced if any of this information may be incorrect. I'm seriously trying to draw from memory 'cause I didn't have much time to look over it. But this is from what I can recall! Otherwise, at least we only have 2 more days til we can get some official info on this site! Thank you, loves!
heart.gif

there you go my dear
smiles.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
MAC employees go to a MAC update every three months or so to learn about the new collections coming out. Today is the day Erin goes to her MAC update.
winkiss.gif

Quote:
it's a physical update that all MAC staff go to. they get to see the products in person, get the update book and generally learn about what the collections are coming out in the next few months, so the reason she's not said anything is that she's not been to the update yet
smiles.gif

Thank you both for explaining!
I think it's really interesting to get a small insight of how Mac works!