MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's usually a really long day for her so she doesn't usually post anything up until late at night usa time
smiles.gif
although i think once she did it on her lunch break at the update! but that was a one off if i remember rightly! i'm so excited!
choochoo.gif

Thanks for letting me know!
So by the time she'll probably post the news I'll be asleep
ssad.gif

I've read her name quiet often in this chat tho. Does she work for Mac?

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
today is the day!!
smiles.gif
although to be fair i think it will actually be tuesday morning when i see the info!
smiles.gif

Yes, it is
th_DANCE.gif

That's one of the first things I thought when I woke up this morning. However, you're right, we probably will see the info tomorrow morning. I think I prefer it that way, instead of seeing the information being revealed little by little, we'll have all the updates to read tomorrow with our morning coffee
tong.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
this whole collection is making me sleepy.. lol.. zzzzzzzz

This collection makes me want to sleep and only wake up after Erin uploads the swatches and give us the 411
mac_addict.gif

Can't wait ..................
bangdesk.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Good to know about the yellow one. I can probably skip.
th_thstars.gif

I have a serous problem
th_dunno.gif
I want to like one, I don't even know the colors but I'm hoping to get at lest one just to add it to my palette and
drools.gif

Ilenia

A yellow e/s? I can definitely skip that one!
Can't think of a yellow tone that would look good on me but maybe if it's a really light shimmery yellow...no, still not feeling it.
thmbdn.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
A yellow e/s? I can definitely skip that one!
Can't think of a yellow tone that would look good on me but maybe if it's a really light shimmery yellow...no, still not feeling it.
thmbdn.gif

you'd be surprised! i thought that yellow eyeshadow was a huge no-no, but i've now got about 5 of them... very pretty!

i know i'll end up getting most of this collection. whoops!

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
you'd be surprised! i thought that yellow eyeshadow was a huge no-no, but i've now got about 5 of them... very pretty!

i know i'll end up getting most of this collection. whoops!

Seriously?! Well, I'm open for anything -especially when I don't own it yet coz that gives me a reason to buy even more makeup
th_DANCE.gif

How do you combine a yellow e/s?
Maybe I'll give the yellow one a try then although my wish list for the tartan collections is way too long already!
winks.gif

spunky

Quote:
Seriously?! Well, I'm open for anything -especially when I don't own it yet coz that gives me a reason to buy even more makeup
th_DANCE.gif

How do you combine a yellow e/s?
Maybe I'll give the yellow one a try then although my wish list for the tartan collections is way too long already!
winks.gif

it depends entirely on the shade! if it's a golden tone, it looks great with neutrals, brighter yellows look good with a range of colours! have a look at the member FOTD forum here http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/ for some inspiration
smiles.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
it depends entirely on the shade! if it's a golden tone, it looks great with neutrals, brighter yellows look good with a range of colours! have a look at the member FOTD forum here http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/ for some inspiration
smiles.gif

Thanks a lot for the link! I', still new to the forum and couldn't have a look at all the different threads but I already found a gorgeous eye make up with yellow and gold e/s!
drools.gif

Too bad the yellow eyeshadow in it was a LE, now I'm hoping that the yellow from tartan tale looks a bit similar
th_worship.gif

Oh my, I'm so easily persuaded
th_LMAO.gif

spunky

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the link! I', still new to the forum and couldn't have a look at all the different threads but I already found a gorgeous eye make up with yellow and gold e/s!
drools.gif

Too bad the yellow eyeshadow in it was a LE, now I'm hoping that the yellow from tartan tale looks a bit similar
th_worship.gif

Oh my, I'm so easily persuaded
th_LMAO.gif

hehehe
th_DANCE.gif
join the club! there are a few yellows in the permenant line, and eyeshadows come up quite regularly in the sales threads on here, you'll find something that will work just as well as the one used.

not long till we find out about the colours for TT, i'm so excited about it
yes.gif

Ilenia

At the moment, I'm not able to see the sale threads yet but hopefully soon!

I'm switching between the Cham Pale and this thread because I'm hoping for more info in both threads! So excited, too!

spunky

Quote:
At the moment, I'm not able to see the sale threads yet but hopefully soon!

I'm switching between the Cham Pale and this thread because I'm hoping for more info in both threads! So excited, too!

we'll probably get the update info tomorrow because of the time difference. i love how we know more about cham pale than we do about this, and this comes out first! doesn't make sense at all
tong.gif

ooh keep posting then! can't have long to go now
smiles.gif

mystery

I just know all of the mac-goodness will be released while I'm sleeping...
oh well, I know what I will be doing all morning tomorrow
greengrin.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
we'll probably get the update info tomorrow because of the time difference. i love how we know more about cham pale than we do about this, and this comes out first! doesn't make sense at all
tong.gif

ooh keep posting then! can't have long to go now
smiles.gif

That's so true! But I'm more excited for teh TT one coz this is my first holiday collection!
I actually knew about last year's but wasn't into makeup that much then and so I didn't take a closer look. Wish I had tho!

Soul Unique

....and so the 27th September 2010 has finally arrived and the Specktrettes await anxiously with baited breath for ALL undisclosed information to be revealed.

Oui, idleness prevails right now!!

Roll on tomorrow morning when we on the other side of the Atlantic get to see what's in store for us with TT!

spunky

Quote:
That's so true! But I'm more excited for teh TT one coz this is my first holiday collection!
I actually knew about last year's but wasn't into makeup that much then and so I didn't take a closer look. Wish I had tho!

i wasn't too impressed with last year's holiday collection. i got a lipstick from the colour collection, but other than that i wasn't enthralled. i know full well it's the tartan packaging that's got my interest! and i want the teddy bear... because you're never too old for a teddy
yes.gif
this is the first holiday collection i've actually paid attention to
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
....and so the 27th September 2010 has finally arrived and the Specktrettes await anxiously with baited breath for ALL undisclosed information to be revealed.

Roll on tomorrow morning when we on the other side of the Atlantic get to see what's in store for us with TT!

love it! so true
greengrin.gif

mystery

Quote:

lol, I love this!

Ilenia

Quote:
i wasn't too impressed with last year's holiday collection. i got a lipstick from the colour collection, but other than that i wasn't enthralled. i know full well it's the tartan packaging that's got my interest! and i want the teddy bear... because you're never too old for a teddy
yes.gif
smiles.gif

I don't even like the tartan packaging that much - I've fallen for the colors! And I could really use some little makeup bags and since they come with the makeup stuff, I don't care what packaging it is as long as it's a bag
greengrin.gif

I'd like to have a pigment set of last year's collection. I guess that will be something I will look forward in upcoming christmas collections: little pigment sets!
th_DANCE.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
yes.gif
smiles.gif

love it! so true
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery
lol, I love this!

tong.gif
*hehe*

miss-lilly

Quote:

th_LMAO.gif

So true!