MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
Oh man! I am too excited for this! I am loving the sound of Reelers and Rockers and Beauties Play it Cool! And also the Glamore Castle shadow! Gray with teal? Yes please!

Are we the same person? Those are the ones I'm interested in!
choochoo.gif

ILoveMakeup84

OMG!!! I am loving the eyeshadow descriptions! I am going to be soo broke! After my huge VV haul I need to save every penny for this collection.
greengrin.gif
Thanks soooo much for the info!

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
I would like to ask a favor, I currently live in no-MAC-land
icon_eek.gif
and would LOVE a CP for this collection *pretty please*?

Can a lovely Specktrette help me out? *puts on puppy dog look*

Your post here is going to get lost in the thread. In a couple of weeks (closer to release time) post your CP request in the CP/Wishlist Forum here!
yes.gif

ILoveMakeup84

Ok just made my wishlist based on the descriptions
greengrin.gif

Lipsticks
Cut a caper
The Faerie Glen

Eyeshadows
A wish come true
Semi precious
Glamora Castle

Nail laquer
Style clan

6 Reelers & Rockers palette

It all comes down to $148 with tax. Not bad at all! But I know this will change :p

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
Pigment $19.50

Later- black with transforming purple pearl
Moonlight Night- blackened teal with teal pearl
The Family Crest- blackend bronze with bronze pearl

Pearlglide Intense eye liner $14.50
Petrol Blue- deep navy with pearl
Black Line- black with gold pearl
Undercurrent- teal with pearl
Black Swan- black with pearl
Lord it Up- bronze with pearl

MUST get these! I'm so exited for Back Swan; it sounds like the pearlglide of my dreams. This collection is amazing. I was debating returning to get vainglorious, but now I know it's in the purple palette!!!!! amazing, one more reason for me to buy it.
th_DANCE.gif

Nzsallyb

all the pigments and the smoky eye palette please (brain cannot compute what its real name is due to spending time in venomous villians thread). i am glad that later is coming back, i got a sample of it and it is pretty!

ultimate_makeup

This might be a silly question, but I didn't get any of the face kits last year. Did any of you did? Where they exactly the same quality as the full sized versions?

This will determine whether or not I get Oh So Fair with VV or wait till TT! Thanks in advance!!

trulynicole

What happened to the lipgloss set names/color info? Aw, but it's fine!
And the eyeshadows, LOVE THE PRINT! I want that gold one.

Sw33ti3

Oh i cant wait for the swatches! Im excited for the Pearlglide Liners, I have Undercurrent and they last a whole day on my oily lids, so i might get a backup =D. Might get Black Swan and Black Line too, still need to see more swatches though ^__^

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
MUST get these! I'm so exited for Back Swan; it sounds like the pearlglide of my dreams. This collection is amazing. I was debating returning to get vainglorious, but now I know it's in the purple palette!!!!! amazing, one more reason for me to buy it.
th_DANCE.gif

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Vainglorious is in the Twists of Tartan palette.
ssad.gif
I wish it were in the purple one, too, so I could skip with VV, but it's not.
angry.gif

Also, unrelated, do I need Undercurrent?

Sw33ti3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac

Yes you do! its a gorgeous color!
th_thstars.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Quick question on the eye shadows- does the striping go all the way through, or is it an overspray? The fact that they mention the colour makes me think it goes through the whole thing, but I wanted to make sure.

not an overspray, but prolly doesn't go all the way thru. maybe half way???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
does anyone know which is part 1 and which is part 2? are the set in part 2 or part 1?
TIA!

chapter 1 is the colour collection and all the sets excluding the 5 gloss/pigment/glitter/nail sets, which are chapter 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I wanted Black Line to be more like Black Russian...so I am very happy to see "Black Swan: black with pearl". Come to mama!
yes.gif

black swan is!!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade
Can't wait to see pictures and swatches of Black Swan pearlglide and Style Clan polish!

the polishes are never at update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac

hell yeah ya do, momma!

kaylabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

chapter 1 is the colour collection and all the sets excluding the 5 gloss/pigment/glitter/nail sets, which are chapter 2.

Now that sounds intriguing!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_makeup
This might be a silly question, but I didn't get any of the face kits last year. Did any of you did? Where they exactly the same quality as the full sized versions?

This will determine whether or not I get Oh So Fair with VV or wait till TT! Thanks in advance!!

yes, they're the same quality as the regular products. all the holiday stuff is the same quality as regular except for the brushes.