MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
does anyone know when MAC might (and if they might) do the FF sale? hopefully around the tartan collection! i can use all the help i can get! lol

sorry it doesn't look like MAC will do an F&F anytime soon. I think that's part of the reason why everything is in extremely limited quantities and products are selling out faster than the past couple of years.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am excited
th_DANCE.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif

iagree.gif
i forgot about the tartan tale book that was meant to be released! i am interested in this too
smiles.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
sorry it doesn't look like MAC will do an F&F anytime soon. I think that's part of the reason why everything is in extremely limited quantities and products are selling out faster than the past couple of years.

aww =[ thank u!

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
Can anyone tell whats on the models lips? Its gorgeous

Most of us are pretty sure it's Full Fuschia

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Imagine both these pigments on top of a black base, or the teal on top of a blue base and the bronze on top of a gold or brown base......LOVE!

th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
To me, it looks as though BOTH blushes have been used on her.
th_drool.gif
That is beautiful! And, the lips are
th_drool.gif

I know who will own both of those blushes
sneaky.gif

Me
greengrin.gif

NotteRequiem

All of the pigments and all of the paintpots, please.

And here I was thinking I wouldn't be buying anything until WW. Shaaaaaaame on me. Shaaaaaaaame!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
lol.gif
you are turning into such an addict....ahhh, I have such good company
winks.gif

I know.... it's been a slippery slope. February was the first time I bought more than one thing at a time from MAC, and now I have three sets of sterilite drawers for just MAC. And I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
greengrin.gif
Spring and summer should be slower, though. I never really like them.
nope.gif
lol.gif

Debbie_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Everybody has to get Mauvement, we can't get enough of Mauvement, the vial is certainly not enough of Mauvement
nonono.gif
winks.gif

I like the little vials because there is no way I'll use these babies up!! I have a whole jar of mauvement~ maybe I'll get the vial of mauvement and sell my jar
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

Full Fuchsia l/s is gorgeous!! I haven't used it yet since I bought it. It's just too pretty! Even though it's perm in the PRO line, you can get it anytime.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Full Fuchsia l/s is gorgeous!! I haven't used it yet since I bought it. It's just too pretty! Even though it's perm in the PRO line, you can get it anytime.

Full Fuchsia is very pretty, but I have to say that, given the choice, I'd take Show Orchid first. I find it has a beautiful sheen that FF doesn't.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Full Fuchsia is very pretty, but I have to say that, given the choice, I'd take Show Orchid first. I find it has a beautiful sheen that FF doesn't.

Good- because I have Show Orchid, and I have no room in the budget for Full Fuchsia.
choochoo.gif

HebrideanSprite

I agree I think the blue reflect in Show Orchid makes it spectacular! But I can see a use for FF in you want a bright lip but you don't want it to be the only source of attention i.e. flushed cheeks too like with the model pic
greengrin.gif
th_dunno.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
urgh! i google searched temptalia like 10 times trying to find a comparison, how did i miss that?! thank you so much, doenst help my list though! hehe, i love amplified creams

YW. I forget what I googled imaged to find that .....maybe "Full Fucshia Show Orchid MAC". It showed up on the first page of images. Glad to help
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Also do we know anything about the book yet? Is it going to be like look ideas for the collection? Just pictures? Pictures and text? What's the topic?

Quote:
No info yet on the Tartan book? (I love photography so I'm interested!
sneaky.gif
)

i answered this question yesterday. the book was published for mac only. there will be no book for sale to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezander
Question: on that site in Chinese, there are some extra sets pictured, with foundation and travel size skincare items. Do we have any way of knowing if these will be sold in the US?

those are the trip sets that are international only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Could you tell me which bronzer and how it's applied? Under, over?

Thank you!

i posted that it was golden bronzer.

it doesn't say how it was applied, but bronzer should always be applied before blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
does anyone know when MAC might (and if they might) do the FF sale? hopefully around the tartan collection! i can use all the help i can get! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne

i agree with corrine. they will prolly never have another F&F sale, seeing as the economy is not what it used to be when they started the sale. sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
Can anyone tell whats on the models lips? Its gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Most of us are pretty sure it's Full Fuschia

in this image (there will be three different images based on location), she's wearing beet liner, FF CCB and soft dazzle DGC.