MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

BabysOnFire

Well... I have Show Orchid, Girl About Town and Petals and Peacocks (from GMLOL)... Do we think it's safe for me to skip Full Fuchsia?

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Imagine both these pigments on top of a black base, or the teal on top of a blue base and the bronze on top of a gold or brown base......LOVE!

aaah nora that would awesome! thats what i plan to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am excited
th_DANCE.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif

th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I know.... it's been a slippery slope. February was the first time I bought more than one thing at a time from MAC, and now I have three sets of sterilite drawers for just MAC. And I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
greengrin.gif
Spring and summer should be slower, though. I never really like them.
nope.gif
lol.gif

once you go mac you never go back!

LMD84

not sure if anybody can answer but are the dg cremes just like all the others? thin and runny? it's just a couple of descriptions sound so nice but i hate how thin and runny the glosses are!!

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I know.... it's been a slippery slope. February was the first time I bought more than one thing at a time from MAC, and now I have three sets of sterilite drawers for just MAC.

February this year? Wow!
smiles.gif

My addiction started last year, and I have hardly bought any other brands of makeup ever since
smiles.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i answered this question yesterday. the book was published for mac only. there will be no book for sale to the public.

i agree with corrine. they will prolly never have another F&F sale, seeing as the economy is not what it used to be when they started the sale. sorry.

in this image (there will be three different images based on location), she's wearing beet liner, FF CCB and soft dazzle DGC.

Sorry I guess I missed it, thank-you for answering I do appreciate it. That sucks about the FF sales but I guess I understand
ssad.gif

And thank-you foe the lippie info! very much appreciated! *hug*

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
in this image (there will be three different images based on location), she's wearing beet liner, FF CCB and soft dazzle DGC.

I know FF is Full Fuschia but what does CCB stand for? And DGC? (Acronyms are really not my thing! Thank-you!)
cutey.gif

EDIT: Never mind I googled!

Funtabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
not sure if anybody can answer but are the dg cremes just like all the others? thin and runny? it's just a couple of descriptions sound so nice but i hate how thin and runny the glosses are!!

And gritty! I think I'll pass on these if they are the same (and I'd imagine they would be).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
I know FF is Full Fuschia but what does CCB stand for? And DGC? (Acronyms are really not my thing! Thank-you!)
cutey.gif

CCB= Cream Colour Base
DGC= Dazzleglass Creme

I get confused too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysOnFire
Well... I have Show Orchid, Girl About Town and Petals and Peacocks (from GMLOL)... Do we think it's safe for me to skip Full Fuchsia?

You sound like me with the dark lipsticks... I would say that it's not really different enough, but from that list, it looks like you have a serious love on for hot pink lips, in which case, you'd probably be able to see differences more than others. I grab every dark lip that comes out because I can see the difference between all of them. It's a very personal thing. I would say swatch it and if it looks different enough to you in person, go for it.

BabysOnFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
CCB= Cream Colour Base
DGC= Dazzleglass Creme

I get confused too...

You sound like me with the dark lipsticks... I would say that it's not really different enough, but from that list, it looks like you have a serious love on for hot pink lips, in which case, you'd probably be able to see differences more than others. I grab every dark lip that comes out because I can see the difference between all of them. It's a very personal thing. I would say swatch it and if it looks different enough to you in person, go for it.

If only I was like that with *just* hot pink lipsticks! I'm also a huge dark lip lover (and purple lip lover, and light pink lip lover, and nude lip lover...)
th_LMAO.gif
I think I had you driven nuts over Cunning vs. Kittenish vs. Dark Deed vs. Dark Side vs. Media (all of which, by the way, I have now accumulated except for Media which will be a B2M the next time I'm in a MAC).

Unfortunately I'm about a 4 hour drive away from a MAC so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to swatch in person in time. Just wondering if there was something about FF that makes it a "must-have" vs. all the other hot pink lipsticks. If it's a pretty standard hot pink, though, I might skip it in favor of the eleventy billion other things I want that are coming out!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
February this year? Wow!
smiles.gif

My addiction started last year, and I have hardly bought any other brands of makeup ever since
smiles.gif

Yep, February! I bought one item with Style Black last year, and then after that....
icon_eek.gif
I think I've purchased maybe one or two UD things since February, but I'm kind of exclusive to MAC now.
greengrin.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
oohh the teddy looks kinda grimey
ssad.gif
yeah i'm not into that!

Yes that orange and yellow tartan looks like it came off of a musty couch from 1964! Hopefully it will look nicer in person for those who want it!

Too bad they didn't do anything with silver or gold metallic thread throught the tartans! It is the holiday collection after all!