MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Mich
I'm liking the sets and the pigments. I'm torn between which pigment to pick because I kind of want all 3!

Same! I don't have any of the ones in the sets, so I can't rule any out based on that and they all have pigments that have been on my list for awhile. I'm really drawn to the smokey one and the cool one, but the warm one has two new pigments.
graucho.gif
I think I'll end up getting all three. Who am I kidding?
cutey.gif

AndSparkle

I find the pigment sets crap tbh.. it's so hard ot get the product out. If you get them, buy a palette too, so you take the product of it and put it on there, and you don't get it everywhere or ruin numerous brushes...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
I find the pigment sets crap tbh.. it's so hard ot get the product out. If you get them, buy a palette too, so you take the product of it and put it on there, and you don't get it everywhere or ruin numerous brushes...

That's not a bad idea.
graucho.gif
The three sets would fill a whole palette perfectly, wouldn't they?
graucho.gif
lol.gif

Actually, I have a vial of Jardin Aires, and while it is hard, I make it work.
choochoo.gif

Eleentje

Haha, this post is gonna be a massive collection of quotes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm not worrying too much about saving for Peacocky. Christmas and my birthday just happen to fall before it.
sneaky.gif
lol.gif

Hehehe, how handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
wavey.gif
Nop not Amsterdam, Eindhoven!! But maybe in a couple of years it will be Amsterdam
smiles.gif
and i'm visiting Amsterdam frequently, because of the pro store
tong.gif

Ah yes, Pro Store rules!
smiles.gif
Such a long way for you though! Are you going there on the 9th?
No worries about the heads up on the shop. That's the first thing I always check, company info.

Quote:
Just called and RSVPed for the 7:30 time slot. It completely slipped my mind yesterday!
shockt.gif
They're only doing 7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 though which I thought was a little strange.
th_confused_new.gif
Where's 7:00? Unless it already booked. *gulp*
lol.gif

Haha, you are a nutter! I'm sure they'll still have everything at 7:30
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm just getting the one of the shadows now - the grey one
smiles.gif

Tha's the only one that I'm kinda tempted by. *Must resist.....ack*
nonono.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Mich
I'm liking the sets and the pigments. I'm torn between which pigment to pick because I kind of want all 3!

I can't choose either, so I'm just getting all 3. I don't wanna be sorry for missing out on any of them afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle

I actually don't mind vials. I just make sure that there is always a tiny bit inside of the top lid, and i dip my brush in it.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Hehehe, how handy!

Haha, you are a nutter! I'm sure they'll still have everything at 7:30
smiles.gif

I can't choose either, so I'm just getting all 3. I don't wanna be sorry for missing out on any of them afterwards.

I actually don't mind vials. I just make sure that there is always a tiny bit inside of the top lid, and i dip my brush in it.

It is handy.
yes.gif
cutey.gif

I'm sure they will, too, but my store is tiny, so I'm just worried about how claustrophobic I'll be.
girlhaha.gif

I think I'll get all 3 for the same reason.
choochoo.gif

That's what I do with my vial, too!
th_DANCE.gif

Eleentje

Aaah, I get it. I know what you mean. I'm normally not claustrophobic, but when there are too many people in a shop, and I'm there, I get that awful rushy feeling. I wouldn't call it hyperventilating, but I feel terribly uncomfortable and feverish. Especially when there are a bunch of people constantly swarming around the items I wanna take a look at. Sometimes it's too much for me, and I just leave.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Aaah, I get it. I know what you mean. I'm normally not claustrophobic, but when there are too many people in a shop, and I'm there, I get that awful rushy feeling. I wouldn't call it hyperventilating, but I feel terribly uncomfortable and feverish. Especially when there are a bunch of people constantly swarming around the items I wanna take a look at. Sometimes it's too much for me, and I just leave.

Exactly! Also, I get, like, really fidgety and I start (embarrassingly) sweating. I'm going to get there early so I can have time with the display before the madness kicks in.
winks.gif

HebrideanSprite

gosh, I am so having trouble working on my paper tonight because I'm so excited to see Erin's swatches! How sad is that! I think I'm just mentally drained from my midterm this morning and the longer than normal day topped with all the papers I have due this week. I just really need a tartan boost! (And I want to thank everyone on this board for how friendly and welcoming they've been to the Specktra community, I've really appreciated it!)
th_hug.gif

LoveMemoriesXoX

Wow, it's nice to see a shot of the eyeshadow up close! Not exactly what I expected, but still pleasantly surprised
smiles.gif
I definitely assumed there would be multiple colored stripes in eyeshadow, but now that I think about it, that wouldn't be so practical :p I can't wait to see all the other colors. & like most of you, the grey one is at the top of my list!

The pigments look gorgeous. I have yet to own a full MAC pigment bottle...I'm thinking that will change soon with this collection! Out of curiosity, some of you mentioned that you will be getting back-ups of the pigments? Do you really go through a whole pigment jar?! Those things are huge!!

Can't wait for the swatches tonight, super excited
th_DANCE.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Just called and RSVPed for the 7:30 time slot. It completely slipped my mind yesterday!
shockt.gif
They're only doing 7:30, 8:00, and 8:30 though which I thought was a little strange.
th_confused_new.gif
Where's 7:00? Unless it already booked. *gulp*
lol.gif

I am SO freaking excited though! The only thing I'm not excited about is the MAs there. As I've mentioned before, I like the counter better because the employees are nicer.
greengrin.gif
Oh, well. If it means I get to buy TT more than a week in advance, I can handle it.
yes.gif
tong.gif

My problem now is that I keep adding more and more to my list. Hopefully Erin's swatches tonight will cut a large chunk of it down. Except for the sets. Those aren't going anywhere.
sneaky.gif

Have a great time at the event!!! So happy for ya!
yahoo.gif
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i'm not, it'll turn orange on me and look odd no doubt

iagree.gif
I have a same feeling. The color might be too warm for me.
tong.gif

saouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I just got a sample of My Highland Honey blush and Golden Crown Eyeshadow. You can see swatches here and it the swatch thread: Eksklusivt sneakpeak: MAC A Tartan Tale Anmeldelser Og Artikler Pudderdåserne.dk

Sorry the language is in danish, but the eyeshadow is really pretty and soft. It's like a cross between Veluxe Pearl and MES I think. Not quite as pigmented as Veluxe Pearls and more shimmer. The tartan pattern is soooo pretty.

TartanTaleSneakpeak2.jpg

My Highland Honey is way less glittery than I thought. It's a satin finish, not frost and it's almost matte.

TartanTaleSneakpeak1.jpg

oh damn, now i'm in trouble!!
drools.gif

thank you so much for posting!!!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMemoriesXoX
Out of curiosity, some of you mentioned that you will be getting back-ups of the pigments? Do you really go through a whole pigment jar?! Those things are huge!!

I haven't finished one yet (
blush-anim-cl.gif
) but Later pigment (which is a staple) has a good dent in it, and I don't want to run out. I only really backup things that I foresee becoming staples. And since blackened colors are my specialty, these will be staples.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Have a great time at the event!!! So happy for ya!
yahoo.gif
heart.gif

iagree.gif
I have a same feeling. The color might be too warm for me.
tong.gif

Aww thanks!
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

I really wanted My Highland Honey, and I still think it's gorgeous in the pot, but the latest swatch just looks really orange. And like you, I think it would be way too warm for me.
ssad.gif
I'll admire it in the pot at the store, I guess, and use that money to b/u Later.
yes.gif

LoveMemoriesXoX

Quote:
I haven't finished one yet (
blush-anim-cl.gif
) but Later pigment (which is a staple) has a good dent in it, and I don't want to run out. I only really backup things that I foresee becoming staples. And since blackened colors are my specialty, these will be staples.
greengrin.gif

Well that is a beautiful pigment...I know if I owned it, I'd never want to run out! I'm such a hoarder, when I notice any of my MAC items are running low--I stop using them until I get a back up. I just want to know I always have at least some of the product! Hehe
cutey.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMemoriesXoX
Well that is a beautiful pigment...I know if I owned it, I'd never want to run out! I'm such a hoarder, when I notice any of my MAC items are running low--I stop using them until I get a back up. I just want to know I always have at least some of the product! Hehe
cutey.gif

That's how I feel, too! And I don't want that to happen with Later or any of the pigments for that matter, so I'll back them up.
thmbup.gif

alinabina

i was debating whether or not to get the eyeshadow singles but now I know im not, I dnt like when I have different sized eyeshadows, I never end up using them unless theyre in my palette sooo that means more to spend towards the sets
greengrin.gif
Or the other collections of course...

Almost time for swatches
greengrin.gif

singer82

I feel as anxious and excited as I did when I got my VV box yesterday. I cant wait!
smiles.gif
You are sooooooo awesome Erin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th_hug.gif

juicycouture328

this collection looks so pretty, and totally wearable, for me at least. (I definitely love a few of the items from Venomous Villains, but most of the lip products and stuff are wayyy too dark for my skin coloring. I perfer nudes/golds/pinks/peaches/bronzes and shimmer, haha!)
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Thank you Erin!
Since I guess one can never have too much sex, MN will be mine as well!
graucho.gif

But would you be so kind to recommend me other colors which make green eyes pop?
So far I only use neutral e/s and pink/mauve/purple ones.

anything red-based will bring out green eyes.

sketch, trax, cranberry, star violet, antiqued, coppering, embark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
MHH looks pretty! I'm so getting it though!

sorry folks, but the way its coming across on my screen, it looks nothing like what it really does. MHH is very orangy peach. almost like peaches. but brighter!