MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
I think it's only in the US it's a Nordstrom Exclusive. I live in Denmark, and just got the press kit on this collection. It lists danish prices for all the mineralize kits, which wouldn't make sence if they didn't launch here.

Right, that would not make any sense. You got my hopes up that it will also be available here then.
yes.gif
Thanks!

laylalovesmac

I'm loving the look of MHH now.
greengrin.gif
And am intrigued by the eyeshadows again. damn.

but the real winners are the swatches from the lip sets!
drools.gif
I really think I might need every mini set this year.
sigh.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
I just got a sample of My Highland Honey blush and Golden Crown Eyeshadow. You can see swatches here and it the swatch thread: Eksklusivt sneakpeak: MAC A Tartan Tale Anmeldelser Og Artikler Pudderdåserne.dk

Sorry the language is in danish, but the eyeshadow is really pretty and soft. It's like a cross between Veluxe Pearl and MES I think. Not quite as pigmented as Veluxe Pearls and more shimmer. The tartan pattern is soooo pretty.

TartanTaleSneakpeak2.jpg

ooohhh
drools.gif
the imprint has more detail than i though! i'm not too into the pigment sets but 'll make room in my budget for some of these
th_DANCE.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
I'm not sure where you're from, but in the Netherlands the first part of the collection comes out on Nov 6th. So I would expect the release dates in other European countries to be around the same time.
Lipglass and pigments and nailpolish sets are coming out sometime in December.
I hope this helps you a bit!

sex weeeeeeeeeeeee!
LOL, thanks, Erine!

Hey another Dutch girl!
greengrin.gif

Totally random, but i found a dutch site today that sells some MAC. OK i didn't found it, but a friend of mine and it's great because there are also some limited items. Why didn't i know this earlier?! Right now i don't have money to buy anything from it...
EDIT: i was so stupid not to put the link of the site in my post
th_LMAO.gif

So here is the link: Cosmetica op MAC - Overzicht | CD WOW! Nederland

Pinkdollface

Quote:
I just got a sample of My Highland Honey blush and Golden Crown Eyeshadow. You can see swatches here and it the swatch thread: Eksklusivt sneakpeak: MAC A Tartan Tale Anmeldelser Og Artikler Pudderdåserne.dk

Sorry the language is in danish, but the eyeshadow is really pretty and soft. It's like a cross between Veluxe Pearl and MES I think. Not quite as pigmented as Veluxe Pearls and more shimmer. The tartan pattern is soooo pretty.

TartanTaleSneakpeak2.jpg

My Highland Honey is way less glittery than I thought. It's a satin finish, not frost and it's almost matte.

TartanTaleSneakpeak1.jpg

MHH looks great! Want it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester
Thanks a lot Katjamo! Golden Crown looks fabulous. I really like the tartan imprint.

Chester

I really like the imprint too, but i like a lot of other stuff too...what to buy, what to buy...

chromatrix

So this should be up on site the 25th or 26th? I wonder if we will get a time like with VV. I am going to be traveling that whole week so... it's going to be a challenge ordering.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Everytime I think I am interested in a color in a pigment set, I am reminded by those tiny horrid bottles that are so annoying to get the pigment out of properly.

Which is why they sit pretty much unused.. the glitters aren't too bad though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
PIGMENTS!!! come to mamma!!!!!!!!!!!
drools.gif

i want them all, i didnt manage to get later because it was online only here and it sold out ridiculously quickly, so i MUST get it with this!

but i'm really excited about moonlight night, even though i already have deep blue green, and family crest looks divine and if erine says we need it, i definitely need it, i have trusted erine's opinions so far and NEVER been disappointed!

I'm surprised it sold out so quickly here! Thank god we can get our mitts on it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Thinking about getting my first pigment with this collection, is it worth it to press it you think? Can't wait for more swatches!

I don't think so.. but then again, I use mixing medium with mine, so having it pressed doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Someone talk me out of getting Deepest Wish lipstick please!

Hahaha, you expect us to talk you out of it? We'll just talk you in to it!
lol.gif

coachkitten

Wasn't frozen dream out with another collection? That name sounds really familiar. Love to look of that lipglass set. I am getting so excited for this collection!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyazinth
Right, that would not make any sense. You got my hopes up that it will also be available here then.
yes.gif
Thanks!

We had them last year!
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Wasn't frozen dream out with another collection? That name sounds really familiar. Love to look of that lipglass set. I am getting so excited for this collection!

Wasn't that out with Chill? It looks lovely!
yes.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten

Yeah, I'm sure it was.... I think Chill?

honybr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatrix
So this should be up on site the 25th or 26th? I wonder if we will get a time like with VV. I am going to be traveling that whole week so... it's going to be a challenge ordering.

I bet you're right with it being on the site on the 25th or 26th. Even though we got a time with VV it was wrong, so I'll just have to clear the calendar and prepare to stalk.

However, with VV there were customers who were buying items just for Disney. That population of people probably won't be buying this collection, so hopefully items won't sell out as quickly.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Wasn't that out with Chill? It looks lovely!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Yeah, I'm sure it was.... I think Chill?

Yes! I think that is was chill. It is such a gorgeous color I am not sure why I didn't get it.
th_dunno.gif