MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Anneri

Another point in favour of the brush sets - a shortsighted person like myself doesn't always poke the mirror with the handle when applying make-up!
I got the Face set from Trip not toolong ago and I love my mini version of the 187.
Two years ago I got one of the red brush sets from the Holiday Collection and didn't like it at all. I still use some of the brushes, but the 252 is scratchy as hell and I#ve never been able to find out what the 212 is for...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
So nice!
smiles.gif
I can't imagine my dad in a makeup store trying to find things for me
greengrin.gif
Hehehe He loves me a lot but... He'd draw the line there I know haha

Now my mom... I can see her running around for me looking for makeup
winks.gif
I had her on the lookout for Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure most recently. (Neither of us were able to find it.)

lol! to be fair my dad just gives the ladies a list and says he'll take whatever they have from the list! sometimes he's even got the ladies in the shop to call me and talk to me over the phone!
tong.gif
they must feel sorry for him!
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
lol! to be fair my dad just gives the ladies a list and says he'll take whatever they have from the list! sometimes he's even got the ladies in the shop to call me and talk to me over the phone!
tong.gif
tong.gif

My dad thinks makeup is shallow- he would never, ever do anything like that. you are one lucky ducky.
th_LMAO.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
Another point in favour of the brush sets - a shortsighted person like myself doesn't always poke the mirror with the handle when applying make-up!
I got the Face set from Trip not toolong ago and I love my mini version of the 187.
Two years ago I got one of the red brush sets from the Holiday Collection and didn't like it at all. I still use some of the brushes, but the 252 is scratchy as hell and I#ve never been able to find out what the 212 is for...

the 212 is an eyeliner brush, but it also makes for a good brow brush for asian brows.
thmbup.gif

i use it with fast response to clean up the bottom edge of winged liner for a super straight, clean line!

kayley123

Quote:
tong.gif
tong.gif

oooh...REALLY REALLY LUCKY!
choochoo.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the 212 is an eyeliner brush, but it also makes for a good brow brush for asian brows.
thmbup.gif

I never tried this brush for my brows... although I'm rather confused in what you meant with asian brows. How is it different with caucasian brows
hmm.gif
? Are they different techniques? Thank you for the tip
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
oooh...REALLY REALLY LUCKY!
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
My dad thinks makeup is shallow- he would never, ever do anything like that. you are one lucky ducky.
th_LMAO.gif

to be fair i don't have the best relationship with him so i feel that he does it to try and show how much he has changed and that he cares and is making an effort. which is a step in the right direction.
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
to be fair i don't have the best relationship with him so i feel that he does it to try and show how much he has changed and that he cares and is making an effort. which is a step in the right direction.
smiles.gif

Aww thats sweet.
cutey.gif
I don't have the best relationship with my father *cough cough, evil stepmom, cough cough* but he still doesn't have any problems saying my hobbies are shallow. Whatever- I still love him and am happy I have any kind of relationship with him (my brother doesn't anymore.)

I am DYING to see what the new pigments in this collection look like.
yahoo.gif

Anneri

Quote:
thmbup.gif

i use it with fast response to clean up the bottom edge of winged liner for a super straight, clean line!

Thanks Erine! I'll try this next time I'll do a look with a winged liner!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri

iagree.gif
That's an excellent thing you point out!!

Quote:
tong.gif
tong.gif

girlhaha.gif

Quote:
smiles.gif

Mmm.
love.gif
Anyway, it's sweet of him. As you say, he's making an affort. Hopefully, your relation will get better in the future.
winkiss.gif

None of my parents support my make up addiction anymore. They did in the past, even my dad. My dad has the greatest taste when it comes to clothes, jewelry and even make up.
Quote:
I am DYING to see what the new pigments in this collection look like.
yahoo.gif

Same here!!
choochoo.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
iagree.gif
That's an excellent thing you point out!!

girlhaha.gif

Mmm.
love.gif
Anyway, it's sweet of him. As you say, he's making an affort. Hopefully, your relation will get better in the future.
winkiss.gif

None of my parents support my make up addiction anymore. They did in the past, even my dad. My dad has the greatest taste when it comes to clothes, jewelry and even make up.

Same here!!
choochoo.gif

awesome!
smiles.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
I never tried this brush for my brows... although I'm rather confused in what you meant with asian brows. How is it different with caucasian brows
hmm.gif
smiles.gif

Answering myself: I tried it earlier today, 212SE on my brows. It's amazing! I think it's because the lines made with this brush is very thin, it simulated my brow better (I had sparse-ish brow). Again, thank you Erine for the tips
yes.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
hmm.gif
smiles.gif

Quote:
Answering myself: I tried it earlier today, 212SE on my brows. It's amazing! I think it's because the lines made with this brush is very thin, it simulated my brow better (I had sparse-ish brow). Again, thank you Erine for the tips
yes.gif

i guess i shouldn't generalize. more often than not i see asian woman with straight brows, as opposed to arched brows that us white gals have. my korean trainer (well, former trainer) taught me that tip and it works like a charm. if you have more arched brows, i'd use the 208, which is what i use on all arched brow gals.

glad it works for your brows now that you've played around with it!
thmbup.gif

kayley123

Quote:
smiles.gif

Aw...I'm sorry to hear that your relationship isn't great, but...well, this IS a great way for him to show you he cares.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Aww thats sweet.
cutey.gif
I don't have the best relationship with my father *cough cough, evil stepmom, cough cough* but he still doesn't have any problems saying my hobbies are shallow.

angry.gif
I'm glad you still love him but it's still mean!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
angry.gif
I'm glad you still love him but it's still mean!

Honestly, it is just a drop in a very large bucket- I don't care what he thinks about my hobbies anyway.
lol.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
i guess i shouldn't generalize. more often than not i see asian woman with straight brows, as opposed to arched brows that us white gals have. my korean trainer (well, former trainer) taught me that tip and it works like a charm. if you have more arched brows, i'd use the 208, which is what i use on all arched brow gals.

glad it works for your brows now that you've played around with it!
thmbup.gif

Hehe no worries, I think asian continent was too far and wide to be considered as one continent to start with :p. I usually used an angled brow brush for my brows too (although not mac's 208). I guess I'm just happy to find a new use for my neglected 212
thmbup.gif

laylalovesmac

I am drooling over the product names we got for this collection.
drools.gif
I want it all and I don't even know what the colors are like yet!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
^ I totally agree! Those names!
th_drool.gif
I'm so excited now! Haha. Waiting for the color story and swatches!
choochoo.gif
heart.gif

All other collections kind of seem inadequate now...
lol.gif

I don't even know if I am Scottish, but I am LOVING this!!! How I will afford all this right after VV is beyond me, but I WILL make it happen.
tong.gif

Susanne

First product names!

Credit goes to iheartmakeup!

Marcel Wanders-
Lipgloss- Gertruyd, Mary, Aleydis, Beatrix
Lipstick- Catharina, Martha, Digna, Gesina

Cham Pale Colour-
Lipgelee- Sin-tillation, Luxure, Bubble Lounge, Straight to the Heat
Lipstick- Fluster, Quiet, Please
Special Reserve Highlight Powder-Chez Chez Lame, Rose Ole
Chromagraphic Pencil- NW 25/NC 30, NC 15/NW 20
Eye Kohl- I get no kick
Eye Shadow Quad- Caviar Dreams
Kohl Power Eye Pencil- Feline

A Tartan Tale-
Dazzleglass Cream- Radiant Jewels, Soft Dazzle, Gone Romancin', Passing Fancy, Lightly Prancing
Lipstick- Cut a Caper, Deepest Wish, The Faerie Glen, Courting Lilac, Full Fuschia
Pigment- Later, The Family Crest, Moonlight Night
Powder Blush- Her Blooming Cheek, My Highland Honey

Latest posts