MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Rinstar

If there are colored or patterned brushes, I am going to be pooooorrrrrr!!!!!
Delighted, but poor!

aradhana

i love my SE face brushes from antiquitease....i wouldn't mind an eye set so i could stick them in my gym/travel bag...i'm not a big fan of carting around all the full size brushes! i like them to stay safe and sound in my room!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
i loved the gold and silver ones! but perhaps they could actually do a tartan patterened handle?

I would love it if they did brushes with tartan handles! I would be tempted to buy every set if they did that.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I would love it if they did brushes with tartan handles! I would be tempted to buy every set if they did that.
yes.gif

iagree.gif

LMD84

Quote:
yes.gif

yeah me too! even though i have more brushes than i need right now! well mini ones anyways
smiles.gif
i'm trying to build up my collection of normal brushes now
smiles.gif
in fact i am hoping my dad can get hold of a 188 brush for me at the cco on friday
smiles.gif
keep your fingers crossed for me people!
th_hug.gif

InspiredBlue

You all are making me want some SE brushes. I could use a 129SE (or a short handle one, are those readily available?), because carrying around the full size 129 is just ridiculous, and I like to reapply blush on long days.
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

I am now think I will get my first SE brush set this year... Do you think the face set or eye set is better? I need eye brushes more, I think, but if it comes with a flat eyeliner brush, that seems like a waste....
th_confused_new.gif

yazerella

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I am now think I will get my first SE brush set this year... Do you think the face set or eye set is better? I need eye brushes more, I think, but if it comes with a flat eyeliner brush, that seems like a waste....
th_confused_new.gif

Me too, all this talk about patterns is making me want them! I've been using mainly my Sigma brushes. Maybe it's time to switch to MAC!
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazerella
Me too, all this talk about patterns is making me want them! I've been using mainly my Sigma brushes. Maybe it's time to switch to MAC!
yes.gif

Same situation- have the sigma, want to use mac. I find that the sigma shader brushes dont pick up any of the product- SO frustrating... I retired my old MAC 213, and I miss it SO much! I could actually get color from it....
angry.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
th_confused_new.gif

I like the face sets, mainly because I love the SE version of the 187.
yes.gif

Mabelle

if the handels are a ncie tartan im getting another SE kit. i swear, i think im gonna plotz over this collection! good thing its coming out for my 25th bday
winks.gif

This prospect is already making this yrs birthday better than last years total mental breakdown.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I like the face sets, mainly because I love the SE version of the 187.
yes.gif

Ahh.... What do you use your 187 for? I've heard it's a great multi-use brush...

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Ahh.... What do you use your 187 for? I've heard it's a great multi-use brush...

Lots of people use it for foundation and love the finish, but it wasn't for me, I love it for blushes myself, or you could use it for face powders, cream blush, it is a good brush, but I don't think I'd ever buy the full size.

MzzRach

Quote:

I use it for powder foundation and also for bronzer. I have 2 full size versions and 2 SE versions that I use for travel.

NeverEnoughMac

I really like my 129se from Trip. I use it for blush everyday. I don't know how well it would work on someone with petite features, but on my "chubby cheeks", as my Aunt still calls me, it works perfect.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
i'm just thrilled there will be full sized pigments with this collection! makes me so happy!
th_DANCE.gif

Me too!!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:

I use the 187 for almost anything face!! Powder or cream!
greengrin.gif
Worths every single penny I paid for it!!

miss_primer

Since there is a lot of talk about the SE brushes I decided to join. I love them. I prefer them over the full size. I like the short handle brushes because I feel like I have more control over the brush. It feels more comfortable in my hand. I do have a couple of full size brushes (190, 150, 109, 131).

LMD84

Quote:

the 187 ios a lovely brush. however on myself i only really use it for blush. but on other people i use it to apply foundation
smiles.gif
one ofmy friends tells me everytim how amazingly soft she thinks it is
smiles.gif

banana1234

i love brush sets, i know they arent as good as the full size, but i cant afford all the brushes i want in full size

monter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
You all are making me want some SE brushes. I could use a 129SE (or a short handle one, are those readily available?), because carrying around the full size 129 is just ridiculous, and I like to reapply blush on long days.
smiles.gif

They do sell a 'full quality' short handle 129, at least on the US MAC site: M·A·C Cosmetics | 129SH Powder/Blush Brush

Latest posts