MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I was going to write that I could skip the palette until i read it was the palette's colors on the left!
lol.gif
It'll be cheaper for me to just pay the $36- they look more vibrant to me. I will be picking up silver pigment one of these days though.

I agree! The palette colors looks more vibrant and bolder in color. The gold ones remind me of the gold metal powders from MUFE, thier 22$ each, and this has more colors and in shadow form... so this is perfect!
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
I agree! The palette colors looks more vibrant and bolder in color. The gold ones remind me of the gold metal powders from MUFE, thier 22$ each, and this has more colors and in shadow form... so this is perfect!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm so excited for this one!
th_DANCE.gif
The more I look at swatches, the more I want to play with the colors.
tong.gif

I think I'll end up getting Reelers & Rockers + Dashing Lassie. Probably the first purple palette I'm passing on, but I was looking at the swatches, and I really only like the first column, and I think I can dupe all three with my Sleek Graphite palette (aka the best palette I have ever come across) so I'll skip that one.
thmbup.gif

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm so excited for this one!
th_DANCE.gif
The more I look at swatches, the more I want to play with the colors.
tong.gif

I think I'll end up getting Reelers & Rockers + Dashing Lassie. Probably the first purple palette I'm passing on, but I was looking at the swatches, and I really only like the first column, and I think I can dupe all three with my Sleek Graphite palette (aka the best palette I have ever come across) so I'll skip that one.
thmbup.gif

I'm the same about the purple palette I only like 3 colors out of the 6. But I d0nt have a purple palette
ssad.gif
If there's some perm colors close to them I'll just make my own
th_dunno.gif

I see me and you are still talkin. Team Insomnia! lol

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
I'm the same about the purple palette I only like 3 colors out of the 6. But I d0nt have a purple palette
ssad.gif
If there's some perm colors close to them I'll just make my own
th_dunno.gif

I see me and you are still talkin. Team Insomnia! lol

Yes I'm going to make my own quad of purples from the permanent line one of these days. When the collections slow down a little... *rolls eyes*

Yep yep- Team Insomnia FTW.
lol.gif
greengrin.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelisagemini
I have green eyes too and along with neutral/pink/purples, I like burgundy shades, golds and coppers, and when I do wear a blue or green type of color I usually use it along the lower lashline, or in the outer v. I don't like the blue or green eyeshadow to compete with my eyeballs.

Thanks so much! I'll try to use blue e/s like you do and see whether I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
anything red-based will bring out green eyes.

sketch, trax, cranberry, star violet, antiqued, coppering, embark

Thanks alot! Apart from Star Violet and Copperin I own none of these but they are definitly on my with list now!

cutemiauw

Thank you Erine for the swatches, you rock!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Wow, A Triumphant Blush Face Kit is more awesome than I thought. Totally getting that! I'm getting Fabulous Fantasy lip kit also.

I'm not even looking at the Face Kit until you mentioned this... Now I want it too
smiles.gif

I try to stay away from the eye palettes because I just bought UD's Naked... But if I 'have' to get one, it will be Play It Cool
drools.gif

Let's see how much my total would be:
Must Haves:
- Viva Glam lip bag US$36.00
- Undercurrent Pearlglide Intense eye liner US$14.50

Most likelies:
- A Triumphant Blush face kit US$ 38.00
- Moonlight Night Pigment US$19.50

Maybes:
- One of my favorite pigment or lipgloss set, whichever catches my eyes more when I see them in person.

Oh it's not *that* much
mac_haul.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw

I try to stay away from the eye palettes because I just bought UD's Naked... But if I 'have' to get one, it will be Play It Cool
drools.gif

I thought I'd love Reelers & Rockers but now I'm more into Dashing Lassie. I really want to get UD's Naked Palette tho, too and if I get that, I think I'll skip Dashing Lassie.

cutemiauw

^^ I was lucky enough to snatch one up at hqhair two days ago! Now they seemed to be sold out again. Dashing Lassie is very pretty too, I think. I'd definitely get that if I didn't get UD's Naked

LittleMaryJane

I'm losing interest in this collection FAST. I'm happy about that... Sorta.. At least I know if I do want anything it will be a small haul.

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
^^ I was lucky enough to snatch one up at hqhair two days ago! Now they seemed to be sold out again. Dashing Lassie is very pretty too, I think. I'd definitely get that if I didn't get UD's Naked

I tried to get one from hqhair two days ago, too! But it said they are sold out at the moment but that they are awaiting new palettes to come in. However, yesterday I got a mail saying that they had to delete my order since it's sold out at the moment.
cry.gif

BUT today I found a blog which recommened hqhair and lookfantastic and lookfantastic still had the palette!
th_DANCE.gif
So I ordered it right away and I'll skip the eye palettes from TT.

saouri

THANKS ERIN!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I was contemplating the reelers and rockers palette - but seeing the swatches it's a no for me... but I definitely want dashing lazzie even more now!!!!

sss215

Still not loving anything. The first quad is a fav, so maybe when I see it on the counter. I see vainglorious is in one of the palettes.

Flaminbird

I think I'll wait till most of this hits the CCO's but will get a backup of Undercurrent and then Black Line which I missed out on. Also maybe the pigments....I like the dark teal and Family crest. I recently got a sample of Softwash Grey which I really like but it shows up lavender on me.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
twists of tartan is the palette i shall be buying
smiles.gif

I want to get it just for the damn green e/s I love it.

dopista

I had such high hopes for Reelers & rockers..
ssad.gif
To top off the frostiness they add carbon to the palette.. thats like UD adding Zero 24/7 to every palette
smiles.gif

I guess thay means I'm going home with the three piggies
th_DANCE.gif