MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Is it wrong to want a palette just because of 1 eyeshadow??
whistle.gif

I'm kinda disappointed by Play it Cool (and I loooove purples), but Twists of Tartan is tempting with Bows & Courtseys
drools.gif
. Does anyone know a dupe for this gorgeous green?

It looks like Springtime Skipper or Golder's Green to me!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
It's about time I should get a pro card, all the money I could be saving!

Go for it I've had mine almost a year now its great I freelance part time as an artist and love my pro card then I'm a performer as well I applied for the artist discount over the performer discount since well its more of a discount.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
Go for it I've had mine almost a year now its great I freelance part time as an artist and love my pro card then I'm a performer as well I applied for the artist discount over the performer discount since well its more of a discount.

I looking in to applying for one and tips or advice before I do?

Back on topic: I keep redoing my list for this collection its kinda giving me a headache lol figuring what to get and what to pass.

s_lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer

Thanks, I'll check Golder's Green! I think SK is very different though.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
When I saw the swatches [thanks Erine] that is exactly what came to mind [Sleek].

I freaking love that palette!
drools.gif
It is the best purple/black palette ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSweetheart
I'm suuuuper suuuuuper new here, and new to Mac as well, but can I just say that I'm SO excited for these palettes and mini sets (and lipsticks...and pigments...lol)?! Especially after seeing Erine's swatches...
drools.gif

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer

yes it does look like golders green from what i have seen in swatches
smiles.gif
that is a pigment that i'd love to own but sadly dont
ssad.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Damn it! Since I see hold my gaze is being repromoted, I now want the play it cool palatte, but Mac never seems to do holiday packaging that I like.

Which one is the whitish shadow in the palatte? I wonder if it's better than White Rabbit.

The whitish one in the play it cool palette is said to be silverwear also a repromote ( supposed to be lilac-silver but it looks just silver to me)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicycouture328
does anyone know when this will be released? It's not on the MAC website, so I know that it isn't released yet?

October 28th for the color collection, lip bags, face kits, etc.
November 4th for the mini sets

greengrin.gif

AndSparkle

Is anyone else feeling totally underwhelmed by the Twist of Tartan palette? Once again MAC's promos aren't anything like the real thing.
ssad.gif

Icecaramellatte

Play It Cool was the only palette I automatically decided against but now with swatches, it is on my list. Love the Hold My Gaze color!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I looking in to applying for one and tips or advice before I do?

Back on topic: I keep redoing my list for this collection its kinda giving me a headache lol figuring what to get and what to pass.

Just make sure you have your documentation as long as your have proper professional documentation you should have no problem I sent in my cosmetolgy certificate my rack card my business card and 2 letters of rec... I found out within 24 hrs of faxing and following up on my application that I had it.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we all know how
th_drool.gif
later pigment is, so its no shock that i'm getting a backup. why am i getting 2 of the other 2 pigments?

img11091.jpg

nuff said!

okay. the family crest has drawn me in. i am looking for a brown pigment. this one may win! good thing about pigments is they give you so much. love this!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I was going to write that I could skip the palette until i read it was the palette's colors on the left!
lol.gif
It'll be cheaper for me to just pay the $36- they look more vibrant to me. I will be picking up silver pigment one of these days though.

oh damnit i mixed em up.
th_wallbash.gif
the pigments are on the left, and the palette is on the right. sorry doll.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Mich
Erine, is rose bp the same texture as oh so fair? I skipped osf thinking that it would be in the face kit so I'm curious.

yes, same texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
How quick do the eyeshadow palettes sell out? Do you think I'll still be able to get it in December if I ask for the Play It Cool palette for my b-day (December 10th)

it depends. my location sold out of the purple and smokey mid-december last year, and the warm set right before christmas. it also depends on how much inventory each location has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Is it wrong to want a palette just because of 1 eyeshadow??
whistle.gif

I'm kinda disappointed by Play it Cool (and I loooove purples), but Twists of Tartan is tempting with Bows & Courtseys
drools.gif
. Does anyone know a dupe for this gorgeous green?

B&C is the dark green one, which is close to forest green pigment (LE). the next closest would be deep blue green pigment.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
oh damnit i mixed em up.
th_wallbash.gif
the pigments are on the left, and the palette is on the right. sorry doll.
ssad.gif

Aww that's alright, babe.
th_hug.gif
I decided to cut it this afternoon anyway.
th_wink3.gif
lol.gif
Just Dashing Lassie for me which I am super excited about!
choochoo.gif

caramel_geek

Erin:

Is The Faerie Glen l/s similar to Hug Me l/s?
And is Cut a Caper l/s similar to Ever Hip l/s (from GMLOL)?
It's just a random thought after seeing the paper swatch.
tong.gif