MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Hay Mich

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
:
img11361.jpg

top: OSF
bottom: rose

Erine, is rose bp the same texture as oh so fair? I skipped osf thinking that it would be in the face kit so I'm curious.

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
I tried to get one from hqhair two days ago, too! But it said they are sold out at the moment but that they are awaiting new palettes to come in. However, yesterday I got a mail saying that they had to delete my order since it's sold out at the moment.
cry.gif

BUT today I found a blog which recommened hqhair and lookfantastic and lookfantastic still had the palette!
th_DANCE.gif
So I ordered it right away and I'll skip the eye palettes from TT.

Yikes! I must have been very lucky then! I got a confirmation e-mail yesterday saying they've shipped out my item! But I'm glad that you found it on another store
th_DANCE.gif

Back to topic, I start to wonder if I should get the pigments after what everyone said about the tiny opening of the pigment vial set. On the other hand, I still have my lipglass set from last year almost untouched because I didn't want to run out of them. Am I weird?
hmm.gif

HebrideanSprite

How quick do the eyeshadow palettes sell out? Do you think I'll still be able to get it in December if I ask for the Play It Cool palette for my b-day (December 10th)

Face2Mac

I am such a sucker for a lime green or burgundy, get's me everytime. I don't even care that vainglorious is in it.

Dashing Lassie since I am in love with neutrals lately, last year I would've thought this palette was so blah, but not this time, a newly converted neutral fan.

thank you Erine for you lovely swatches.

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm so excited for this one!
th_DANCE.gif
The more I look at swatches, the more I want to play with the colors.
tong.gif

I think I'll end up getting Reelers & Rockers + Dashing Lassie. Probably the first purple palette I'm passing on, but I was looking at the swatches, and I really only like the first column, and I think I can dupe all three with my Sleek Graphite palette (aka the best palette I have ever come across) so I'll skip that one.
thmbup.gif

When I saw the swatches [thanks Erine] that is exactly what came to mind [Sleek].

Shadowy Lady

Thank you for the lovely swatches Erine
smiles.gif
Yours are always the best!

I want a eye kit and a face kit and since I gravitate towards pinks and purples, I will be getting Play it Cool and Hark the Hearldy

Fianna

Thanks for the great swatches Erine. =)

I was really interested in the Cool Eye Shadows Palette but most of the colors aren't unique enough for me to justify buying another purple eyeshadow since I already own a full palette with 15 different shades of purple in it. XD

By the way "To the Ball" e/s in the Cool Eye Shadows Palette totally reminded me of Dovefeather e/s.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Yes! I think that is was chill. It is such a gorgeous color I am not sure why I didn't get it.
th_dunno.gif

It is gorgeous. I have 2, bought one, loved it, ran out to get more. I almost slept on it b/c I don't have any of the e/s that came out with it. Everybody else was all over Icescape and Snowscene, so this was pushed to the side.

UrbanSweetheart

I'm suuuuper suuuuuper new here, and new to Mac as well, but can I just say that I'm SO excited for these palettes and mini sets (and lipsticks...and pigments...lol)?! Especially after seeing Erine's swatches...
drools.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSweetheart
I'm suuuuper suuuuuper new here, and new to Mac as well, but can I just say that I'm SO excited for these palettes and mini sets (and lipsticks...and pigments...lol)?! Especially after seeing Erin's swatches...
drools.gif

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
it's a dangerous addiction...yet so fun
th_DANCE.gif

s_lost

Is it wrong to want a palette just because of 1 eyeshadow??
whistle.gif

I'm kinda disappointed by Play it Cool (and I loooove purples), but Twists of Tartan is tempting with Bows & Courtseys
drools.gif
. Does anyone know a dupe for this gorgeous green?

UrbanSweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
it's a dangerous addiction...yet so fun
th_DANCE.gif

Yes...very much so!
th_DANCE.gif

Wait...What is that I hear? Reelers & Rockers calling my name!
greengrin.gif

honybr

Thanks Ernie!

I really wanted to like Play it Cool, but not enough of the shadows are calling out to me. It looks like all I'll be getting are the pearglides.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I think I'll wait till most of this hits the CCO's but will get a backup of Undercurrent and then Black Line which I missed out on. Also maybe the pigments....I like the dark teal and Family crest. I recently got a sample of Softwash Grey which I really like but it shows up lavender on me.

Chances are this will work in your favor. Holiday from last year is in vast amounts at my CCO. I think I will wait too. Turn around for items to hit the CCO is 3-4 months now. Before it was longer.

MAC needs to slow down a bit on the collections, especially the larger ones, if its getting like this. Just saying.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Is it wrong to want a palette just because of 1 eyeshadow??
whistle.gif

I'm kinda disappointed by Play it Cool (and I loooove purples), but Twists of Tartan is tempting with Bows & Courtseys
drools.gif
. Does anyone know a dupe for this gorgeous green?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

HebrideanSprite

To the ball in the play it cool palette looks awesome! an almost purple grey! I'm also loving hold my gaze and altered state. Not sure I'd use the charcoal colour though *sigh* and I already have so many purple e/s.... So hard to decide what to buy and what not to!

kiss

Damn it! Since I see hold my gaze is being repromoted, I now want the play it cool palatte, but Mac never seems to do holiday packaging that I like.

Which one is the whitish shadow in the palatte? I wonder if it's better than White Rabbit.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I want to get it just for the damn green e/s I love it.

yeah that is what draws me to it to be honest!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSweetheart
I'm suuuuper suuuuuper new here, and new to Mac as well, but can I just say that I'm SO excited for these palettes and mini sets (and lipsticks...and pigments...lol)?! Especially after seeing Erine's swatches...
drools.gif

to specktra!
mac_addict.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Oh I want the Hark the Heraldy Quad or whatever its called but Im hoping it hits the CCO I am only buying what I'm allowed to use my pro card on! I swear thats it!

Courting Lilac
Fairie Glen
Gone Romancin'
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night