MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
is it wrong i have show orchid, girl about town, petals and peacocks, gimmie that and true babe lip gloss yet i still want full fuschia?

not at all!
smiles.gif
cut a caper is the only lippie i want though!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks so much for the swatches! The excitement for this collection kicked in the moment I saw the photos of the displays. I was interested in some stuff before but now I pretty much want it all, lol. And I just bought me some Guerlain Meteorites, because I thought Tartan Tale wouldn't be a big haul for me anyways...I didn't make my list yet, I know it will be way too big.
I need more swatches of the single eyeshadows and the lipsticks to decide. Am I the only one interested in Sly as a fox n/p? Any dupes for it? And how similar are Style Clan and Earthly Harmony?

PinkBasset

I'm still not feeling this collection as a whole. Just the pigments and maybe the blushes plus I might get Undercurrent and Black Line this time. I did want Black Swan but honestly I cannot see any difference from Black Russian. For some reason these holiday collections tend to leave me cold thinking how big they are, and how many of the products don't interest me. Actually I'm relieved there isn't much that I want.
smiles.gif

Btw, I used Later for the first time yesterday when I went to a Killing Joke gig. It was the messiest pigment I've used. It was all over the place! I used it with a mixing medium and yet it kept falling all over my face all day. It was annoying, and hard, trying to get rid of the messy black spots of pigment and glitter, and there were a lot of them. I'm wondering if I did something wrong because I haven't heard anyone else complaining about this.
th_dunno.gif

2browneyes

Sorry u had a difficult time with Later...
ssad.gif

I wore it Sunday with PTE and had no problems. I didn't use a mixing medium or wet it in any way. It blended perfectly for me.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I'm still not feeling this collection as a whole. Just the pigments and maybe the blushes plus I might get Undercurrent and Black Line this time. I did want Black Swan but honestly I cannot see any difference from Black Russian. For some reason these holiday collections tend to leave me cold thinking how big they are, and how many of the products don't interest me. Actually I'm relieved there isn't much that I want.
smiles.gif

i agree, except i dont have black russian so i will definitely be getting black swan

RayannaBanana

I wasn't suppose to add anything to my list, but for some reason I like the look of undercurrent even though I usually only wear dark liners. I guess you can mix it with one right? It's just so
drools.gif
to me.

honybr

Thanks Ernie for comparing black swan and black russian. I can't tell a difference but since you describe it as black and silver sparkles I must own it.

Thanks Shontay for all the swatches! I wanted to see Lord it Up on darker skin and now I see I can pass it.

My list is now:
Undercurrent
Black Line
Black Swan
Petrol Blue

Help me with the Dazzleglasses everyone. I have 2 - the hot pink one and the dark red one (I forgot their names; allure and something else). I love them on and they look great but the staying power is awful. But this Radiant Jewels DG needs a home with me. What should I do to get them to last longer so I can convince myself it's worth the $18?

UrbanSweetheart

I have a question for anyone that has seen or swatched My Highland Honey blush in person.. Do you think it would look nice against my NC42 skin?
th_dunno.gif
I love peach blushes...but I dunno if it'll be too light for me or not
ssad.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSweetheart
I have a question for anyone that has seen or swatched My Highland Honey blush in person.. Do you think it would look nice against my NC42 skin?
th_dunno.gif
I love peach blushes...but I dunno if it'll be too light for me or not
ssad.gif

I don't know who MHH is supposed to look nice on. Maybe it needs to be applied to the face to work because it came off as flat and chalky when I swatched it. The color itself is like a 99 cent version of Instant Chic (which I love by the way).

kiss

Quote:
smiles.gif

Btw, I used Later for the first time yesterday when I went to a Killing Joke gig. It was the messiest pigment I've used.

Yeah I am not all into this collection either. I usually skip Holiday collections anyhow. I feel like I was the only one who complained about Later until now. hehe. I am still hoping Moonlight Night and Family Crest are easier to work with 'cause they look so gorgeous. I would rather get another Black Russian than Black swan 'cause the glitter is smaller. I want a back-up of Undercurrent! My fav line ever!!! and Gone Romancin looks very pretty.

Kelly78

I'm also wondering about:
Black Russian vs. Black Swan - they look sooo similar!

Earthly Harmony vs. Style Clan polish - without swatches they look similar, but it's hard to tell.

Thanks!! And
th_kiss.gif
to Erin and Shontay!!

Eleentje

Thanks for the swatches, ladies; they are helping me to narrow down my list for this collection.
At this point I think I'll be getting:
Black Swan (I don't have Black Russian)
2 sets of mini-pigments
Moonlight Night and Family Crest pigments.
Play It Cool eyeshadow palette
I will try to resist the lipsticks, even though Full Fuchsia looks gorgeous! The rest will probably be too light/sheer for me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I don't know who MHH is supposed to look nice on. Maybe it needs to be applied to the face to work because it came off as flat and chalky when I swatched it. The color itself is like a 99 cent version of Instant Chic (which I love by the way).

i can happily skip this then now. i like things that are easy to work with! not pain's in the ass!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Yeah I am not all into this collection either. I usually skip Holiday collections anyhow. I feel like I was the only one who complained about Later until now. hehe. I am still hoping Moonlight Night and Family Crest are easier to work with 'cause they look so gorgeous. I would rather get another Black Russian than Black swan 'cause the glitter is smaller. I want a back-up of Undercurrent! My fav line ever!!! and Gone Romancin looks very pretty.

Oh you did have problems with Later too? It's just soooo messy!
lol.gif
It was over my desk, face, fingers...I felt the same when I draw with charcoal, I'm loaded in black dust! I really hope too that these new ones are easier.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Now it is 2 pigments and *maybe* Undercurrent e/l - still have to think about the last one.

EDIT: Just read that the Pearlglides are not waterline safe, so I'll skip it.

I prefer liners in my waterline too, but seriously, these Pearlglides are beautiful and Undercurrent is very unique.

I'm normally not a huge enabler, but I have to make an exception in this case
smiles.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I prefer liners in my waterline too, but seriously, these Pearlglides are beautiful and Undercurrent is very unique.

smiles.gif

I also prefer liners on my waterline
smiles.gif
But these are to beautiful to skip! I have to get Undercurrent. The rest of this collection doesn't do much to me. I want to try a DGC and maybe i will buy Cut a Caper. I'm trying to save some money after all the great collections of the past months, so it's perfectly fine
winks.gif

UrbanSweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i can happily skip this then now. i like things that are easy to work with! not pain's in the ass!

Exactly! I'll be skipping too. Thanks for the 411 shontay
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Oh you did have problems with Later too? It's just soooo messy!
lol.gif
It was over my desk, face, fingers...I felt the same when I draw with charcoal, I'm loaded in black dust! I really hope too that these new ones are easier.

Did you spray it with Fix+ first? It works like any other pigment to me. One of my absolute favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba

smiles.gif

Exactly. Undercurrent is awesome. You can always line your waterline and swipe a pg beneath it. I've even done a colored liner up top and black on the waterline on lazy days when I don't want to play with shadow. With winter coming up, I've got a feeling I will have plenty of those lazy days.