MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HebrideanSprite

Thanks so much for the swatches Shontay and Erin! MUCH appreciated! Of course can't wait for more! But I'm greedy like that! This is going to totally be a huge haul!
mac_haul.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
black swan has no pink or purple in it. its black with silver sparkle.

Excellent! Silver & black is waaaay better for me!
drools.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I want to go to my local store this weekend and see if I can get better swatches. Not really happy with all the ones I got. I hope I can purchase some stuff,too. I could've today had I not taken a trip to the Betsey Johnson store beforehand.
th_crazy.gif

That settles it, I'm getting 2 black lines. Oh boy, here I go.

don't forget undercurrent!!!

aic

shontay07108 thank you sooooooooo much for the swatches..... for the 1st time in a while I believe I can stick to my original list

GlamQueen21

Shontay!! You are awesome!! Thanks for posting pics and swatches! Same goes for Erin for swatching all of the Pearlglide Intense Liners! Since I have Black Russian, Black Swan is coming home to me!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

RayannaBanana

I wanted to B2M for one of the lipsticks but I have to ship my empties to the closest MAC counter and that's over $8 to ship it. So that doesn't really seem free.

cody

For those of you that have seen them, what's the quality of the bags for the brushes and other sets? Are they pretty nice?

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
For those of you that have seen them, what's the quality of the bags for the brushes and other sets? Are they pretty nice?

I think they're very nice. I'm bummed that I don't really want the brushes because I do want the bag. I wish I could buy it separately.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
It's hard to make out the highlight/sparkle color in Black Swan - is it that same sort of multi-crystal-pink like in French Quarter GPS, or is it more purpley?

specktra_rocks.gif
Thanks Erine and Shontay for the swatch avalanche of love!

iagree.gif
100%.
heart.gif

Erin, I posted your lovely swatch in the swatch thread. Anything for the Specktra babes.
th_wink3.gif

This collection is only a few weeks away!
yahoo.gif

angelisagemini

Yay I love swatches! My list changed quite a bit, I felt sort of violent making massive cuts, lol.

Definitely :
Play it cool palette
Family crest pigment (my first!)
Undercurrent (I passed this the first time around, but Erin's swatch convinced me. It's like a mermaid in a stick!)
Viva glam bag
sir teddy

I'm tempted by the brush sets, love the bag and I like my sigma brushes so just never tried a mac one, but everyone says the SH ones aren't good.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelisagemini
I'm tempted by the brush sets, love the bag and I like my sigma brushes so just never tried a mac one, but everyone says the SH ones aren't good.

there's a big difference between SH and SE brushes. SH are the same quality as full sized brushes, just with a shorter handle. SE brushes come in the sets, and have an inferior quality compared to regular and SH brushes.

ultimate_makeup

OMG I wasn't having the best day until NOW! hehe thanks sooo much erine1881 & shontay07108!!

I am now less excited about some of the stuff which is REALLY GOOD (last time I edited my wishlist the total was $842.50 although that is including the piggies and lipglasses sets) and am totally crazy for some other
yahoo.gif

The more I see pics of 6 Beauties Play It Cool the more I keep trying to convince myself it is waaaay to similar to Sorceres palette from last year. What do u guys think?

cocolicouss

So my Nordies is doing a pre-sale for this stuff and I saw it in person yesterday and HOLY I'm in love with the bags
yahoo.gif
I was before too when I saw a few pics online but in person it's much better!! They didn't even have the entire collection yet so the MUA told me to come back next week when they have all the stuff. I'm soo excited but my mom wasn't too happy lol She goes to be wait didn't you just buy some collection last week (VV) and now your talking about this but what can I say I don't think she will ever understand my obsession

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Will anyone be kind enough to put these in the swatch thread? I'm too beat tonight.

All done!
winkiss.gif
Thanks for the swatches!!!
th_kiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Those brush bags are seriously the best bags MAC has ever come out with
drools.gif

Quote:
I think they're very nice. I'm bummed that I don't really want the brushes because I do want the bag. I wish I could buy it separately.

Exactly. I would buy the bag, but I don't have the funds to pay for a small $50 brush bag.
lol.gif
Wish I did.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelisagemini
Undercurrent (I passed this the first time around, but Erin's swatch convinced me. It's like a mermaid in a stick!)

Sold.
lol.gif

No!!! These swatches are making me add WAY more! I said I was gonna cut back.
ssad.gif
Maybe I should order online and stay the hell away from MAC counters.
girlhaha.gif

LittleMaryJane

Eeeee! Thanks for the swatches you guys! I was laughing about you being under the counter, shontay, checking out the stuff
greengrin.gif
I loved your shadow swatches--they made me like the shadows more but I think I'll stick with just getting Glamora Castle cuz I need to go easy with my money right now.

My list right now:
Blackline
Undercurrent
Faerie Glen
Glamora Castle
MAYBE Family Crest
MAYBE HBC

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Thanks Shontay for the pictures & review. And thanks Erin for the pearlglide swatches.

iagree.gif
thmbup.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
All done!
winkiss.gif
Thanks for the swatches!!!
th_kiss.gif

Exactly. I would buy the bag, but I don't have the funds to pay for a small $50 brush bag.
lol.gif
Wish I did.
ssad.gif

Sold.
lol.gif

No!!! These swatches are making me add WAY more! I said I was gonna cut back.
ssad.gif
Maybe I should order online and stay the hell away from MAC counters.
girlhaha.gif

You don't want to play with the testers? I wish I could do this!
cutey.gif