MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Luiza_T

So, before my wishlist was: Cut A Caper l/s, MHH blush, and 1 or 2 pigments.

Now it is 2 pigments and *maybe* Undercurrent e/l - still have to think about the last one.

EDIT: Just read that the Pearlglides are not waterline safe, so I'll skip it. My wishlist now is only 2 pigments: Moonlight Night and The Family Crest. Plus a Blot Powder and a brush (239), but these aren't part of the Tartan Tale collection, so it doesn't count.
greengrin.gif
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
You don't want to play with the testers? I wish I could do this!
cutey.gif

I know- I do kind of want to. Plus, I got invited to the preview, so I think I'll go. I just have to remember that I'm saving money now, not spending frivolously.
nonono.gif
It's gonna be really hard, though!
weeping.gif

Can someone help me cut this down?

Definite:
The Faerie Glen
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night

Other Things I Really Want:
Black Swan
Undercurrent
Hark the Heraldry Face Kit

And the sets are separate, so I won't bother since I'll have more time to scrimp and save.
greengrin.gif

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I know- I do kind of want to. Plus, I got invited to the preview, so I think I'll go. I just have to remember that I'm saving money now, not spending frivolously.
nonono.gif
weeping.gif

Definite:
The Faerie Glen
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night

Black Swan
Undercurrent

And the sets are separate, so I won't bother since I'll have more time to scrimp and save.
greengrin.gif

Definite:
The Faerie Glen
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night

Black Swan
Undercurrent

singer82

Romancin' dg is
drools.gif
purple sparkly goodness!!!!! I'll try and get a backup later on, or just get it anyways
sneaky.gif
Man, why do I have to have bad reactions to pearlglides! It SUCKS
angry.gif

I wasnt even considering The Faerie Glen, but after Shontays swatches it looks so purrrty. So I might add it to my list. I was iffy on PIC palette but it looks awesome in the pic and I missed on the Sorceress last year. I still think I'm going to get Courting Lilac. I love lustres and its purple lol

The single shadows arnt impressing me so thier a pass for me. The pigments are gorg, def getting MN and TFC. I already have Later. Thank for the swatches Shontay and Erin!!!

kaylabella

Okay. I think I have figured out what I am getting, and I am going to try to keep to just these! haha
Reelers and Rockers & The Family Crest will for sure be mine.

Then I have to save for Peacocky! I am hoping that Unflappable mm shadow is a dupe for Later because it's described as a frosted black with purple pearlized pigments. Here's hoping, cause I'd rather have it in pan form.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Definite:
The Faerie Glen
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night

Black Swan
Undercurrent

Okay- I'll definitely skip Black Swan and the face kit, but I am obsessed with faeries, so I have to get that one just for the name.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Undercurrent will stay a maybe since singer82 just mentioned a bad reaction- sometimes eyeliners can really bother me. Alright. Good.

Thanks!!!
thmbup.gif
heart.gif

singer82

Quote:
nonono.gif
weeping.gif

Definite:
The Faerie Glen
The Family Crest
Moonlight Night

Black Swan
Undercurrent

greengrin.gif

Hmmm recent Pearlglides have been awesome and the pigments are gorg. Even though I'm getting Faerie Glen if I had to cut down i'd pass on it and the face kit. Didnt you get all the facepowders from VV? So ya I'd say keep the pearlglides and pigments. If you had only get 1 PG i'd go for Undercurrent

edit: I just saw your post about your eyes and the pearlglides... I have bad allergies and have sensitive eyes that plays a big part. People react different to products so I wouldnt count it out too much
th_hug.gif

Luiza_T

Quote:
Okay- I'll definitely skip Black Swan and the face kit, but I am obsessed with faeries, so I have to get that one just for the name.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Undercurrent will stay a maybe since singer82 just mentioned a bad reaction- sometimes eyeliners can really bother me. Alright. Good.

Thanks!!!
thmbup.gif
heart.gif

winkiss.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Hmmm recent Pearlglides have been awesome and the pigments are gorg. Even though I'm getting Faerie Glen if I had to cut down i'd pass on it and the face kit. Didnt you get all the facepowders from VV? So ya I'd say keep the pearlglides and pigments. If you had only get 1 PG i'd go for Undercurrent

edit: I just saw your post about your eyes and the pearlglides... I have bad allergies and have sensitive eyes that plays a big part. People react different to products so I wouldnt count it out too much
th_hug.gif

I did end up getting 2 BPs and a blush, so I'll skip face products in this collection.
thmbup.gif

That's true- I'll have to swatch Undercurrent or somehow try it on.
shrugs.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
winkiss.gif

winkiss.gif

Redaddict

Thank you so much for the pics and swatches, shontay. Bizarrely, from your swatch i really want cut a caper... Even though I know it will look vile on me! I think I am losing the plot.
greengrin.gif

Ilenia

Thanks Shontay and Erin!
I'm 100% sure now, that I want Black Line. And I'm also thinking about getting more than one Dazzleglasscreme coz the swatches like really interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
I got my information from a dutch site. The lady that's the owner of the site gets information about the collections from MAC directly i believe. That's why i think maybe the MA's in your store can tell you the specific information for your country.

Thank you! I'll be at a store next week, so I guess I just ask them and hope that they'll have the set.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdaisies
Sorry to be a noob but does this mean that they are not released internationally? I really wanted the kit with fresco rose pp in it
cry.gif

i find that the select location ones are usually on the net here, not sure what country you are from though

banana1234

is it wrong i have show orchid, girl about town, petals and peacocks, gimmie that and true babe lip gloss yet i still want full fuschia?

Tat2dbeauty07

So I cut Semi-Precious so I have no shadows on my list now and I added a PG in Black Line I tend to like the technakohls or fluidlines I hate anything I have to sharpen (pry because I lose my sharpener frequently) but black line with cinderfella and blacktrack fluidline in my waterline even though its not waterline safe sounds like a hot sexy eye for a night out.

2browneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
is it wrong i have show orchid, girl about town, petals and peacocks, gimmie that and true babe lip gloss yet i still want full fuschia?

Not if you
love.gif
gorgeous bold pink lippies
th_drool.gif

TeresitaMC

Thank you SO much shontay and Erin for your review/swatches!
Usually swatches help me cut my list down...that isn't the case this time!
blink.gif

Erin, Black Swan and Black Russian look like they could've came from the same pencil!
lol.gif
Are they really that similar in real life?

If so, I may have to get 2 Black Swans!
amazed.gif
I got 2 of BR and never regretted it...I use both
lol.gif
they get transported a lot (purse, etc) so the backup is always given love, too
love.gif