MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Damn! I thought I had a lot and I only have fifty!
heat.gif

I had 50 at some point too ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I like pigments but I use the es more and I just can`t make myself use the samples, so just give them away.

I actually prefer using the sample jars lol. I often put some of the full-jar pigments in sample jars or I end up not touching them at all.
greengrin.gif

Plus, I'm veeeeery slow at finishing things, and no matter how I look at it, 1 or more samples of a pigment I like is a financially better decision than buyng the full jar.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I hope we can see the packaging soon!
yes.gif

yes! i hope it lives up to my expectations though!

DollyGirl92

I'm officially sick of the summer, bring on fall/winter! The names of this collection have me sold...I want swatches or at least descriptions now!

Unigrrl

This will be my first MAC holiday! I'm kind of excited to see what it is like though my wallet may be sad. Fingers crossed for gift certificates. I ADORE tartan and makeup so YAY!

LittleMaryJane

^ My first MAC holiday too
smiles.gif
I was into MAC last year around the holidays but not super into the collections and making (long) wish lists.

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
I had 50 at some point too ;P

I actually prefer using the sample jars lol. I often put some of the full-jar pigments in sample jars or I end up not touching them at all.
greengrin.gif

Plus, I'm veeeeery slow at finishing things, and no matter how I look at it, 1 or more samples of a pigment I like is a financially better decision than buyng the full jar.

iagree.gif

I too prefer sample jars because I'm sure I'll never ever finish a full-jar. That's the reason I almost always skip pigments when they are released and buy samples of them sometime later
yes.gif

I only have 10 or so full-jars whereas I have pretty much every MAC pigment ever made(except for a few very old or very rare ones)

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I'm officially sick of the summer, bring on fall/winter! The names of this collection have me sold...I want swatches or at least descriptions now!

shockt.gif
It has just started!! Finally.

Camnagem

Quote:
I hope we can see the packaging soon!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes! i hope it lives up to my expectations though!

I have really high hopes for the packaging! MAC done with a tartan theme should be totally awesome, here's hoping it lives up to all of our expectations.

I can't wait to see pictures!
yes.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I have really high hopes for the packaging! MAC done with a tartan theme should be totally awesome, here's hoping it lives up to all of our expectations.

I can't wait to see pictures!
yes.gif

iagree.gif

And the color story.
th_DANCE.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
shockt.gif
It has just started!! Finally.

I grew up in the middle east, all that heat made me hate summer! I like what I can wear make up/clothing wise in fall and winter much much better.

I do love Florida though, but cuz I just get to swim everyday, I miss that about saudi
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
speaking of antiquitease... queen's sin would have fitted right in with the theme of this collection! oh well, hopefully one of the lipsticks will be a gorgeous red in the same vein
yes.gif
deepest wish sounds like it should be a nice dark colour.

i think i have about given up on queens sin being re-promoted again
th_dunno.gif

Cerydwen

Oh Lou, don't give up on Queen's Sin - I need someone to hope with me
yes.gif

I can't believe MAC will never repromote it - they're just waiting a while (like they did with Stereo Rose).
th_wink3.gif

strix

I am more excited about this collection than any other MAC collection recently.

I'm envisioning red tinted lip conditioner for winter, beige and green eyeshadow, a sheer gold paint pot, and colors flattering on fair skin. That's just wishful thinking. I have fair skin and freckles so hopefully this collection will be perfect for me.

Can't wait to see the packaging and promo photos!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I'm so excited for new details about this collection to surface!!

This and Cham-Pale sound very promising to me.
yes.gif

shadowaddict

I couldn't get many details but I heard through the grapevine that this is way better than previous holiday collections. The bags for the brush sets are suppose to super cool, kind of quilted and little studlike things at the bottom.

Oh and the Kids Helping Kids will be two bears wearing little outfits. There will be a big bear (not sure how big) and a little one like you could clip to your handbag and so super cute.

I sure hope that grapevine is right about this being an amazing collection. Between this, FF and VV my wallet will be screaming bloody murder.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
Oh Lou, don't give up on Queen's Sin - I need someone to hope with me
yes.gif

I can't believe MAC will never repromote it - they're just waiting a while (like they did with Stereo Rose).
th_wink3.gif

ok just for you i shall keep positive thoughts for it!
smiles.gif
yes.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
I couldn't get many details but I heard through the grapevine that this is way better than previous holiday collections. The bags for the brush sets are suppose to super cool, kind of quilted and little studlike things at the bottom.

YAY! Sounds awesome!
th_DANCE.gif

I need a brush set and decided to skip on the Nordies sets to hopefully end up with 1 from this collection with a cool bag. I hope this is true!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
YAY! Sounds awesome!
th_DANCE.gif

I need a brush set and decided to skip on the Nordies sets to hopefully end up with 1 from this collection with a cool bag. I hope this is true!

iagree.gif

Latest posts