MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Lisianthus

I got a chance to see this collection yesterday and it was all a bit blah to me. I must be experiencing MAC collection fatigue or I own too much of their makeup. I didn't feel like there were any must haves for me. Holiday sets just aren't for me as I hate buying a kit or palette just for one or two items I like. The packaging was really very well done this year.

Fianna

Erin or any of the other lovely ladies that saw the collection already...

Is the electro lush l/g in the pink lipgloss set the same electro lush that was released with Flashtronic? Temptalia wrote "Possibly repromote–description is different".

Thank you in advance. =)

Camnagem

Honestly, after seeing the single e/s in person and playing with them a bit I feel 100% ok with skipping all of them (even the grey, which is unheard of for me, lol). They're nice colors, but if you have a decent sized e/s collection I can pretty safely say you have these shades already. I'm an eyeshadow addict and I love the tartan imprint, and to be totally honest...if they were normal sized and would fit in my palettes, I'd probably be buying a few. They won't fit anywhere, and because of that I know I won't use them unless I think of using them specifically (which I know won't happen once the new-ness wears off because I already have these colors elsewhere).

Easy skip for me, for once. I'll be saving my big eyeshadow splurge for the Peacocky collection because those sound incredible and worthy of buying, even if they won't fit in a palette!
yes.gif

angelisagemini

Honestly, after seeing the single e/s in person and playing with them a bit I feel 100% ok with skipping all of them (even the grey, which is unheard of for me, lol). They're nice colors, but if you have a decent sized e/s collection I can pretty safely say you have these shades already. I'm an eyeshadow addict and I love the tartan imprint, and to be totally honest...if they were normal sized and would fit in my palettes, I'd probably be buying a few. They won't fit anywhere, and because of that I know I won't use them unless I think of using them specifically (which I know won't happen once the new-ness wears off because I already have these colors elsewhere).

Easy skip for me, for once. I'll be saving my big eyeshadow splurge for the Peacocky collection because those sound incredible and worthy of buying, even if they won't fit in a palette!
yes.gif
This is exactly why I'm skipping them. I have one filled MAC palette so by no means have every color I would like, but I never ever reach for any shadows that aren't in that palette. It's like I forget they exist or something.

saouri

Hmmm... I still wonder just how baby pink the single eyeshadow A wish come true is - it looks so different in every swatch. In the My lips but better swatches it looks like a richer, slightly darker, dirty mauvy pink, which I really like - a mauvy baby pink (which it appears to be like in the pan, or in the swatch by The Shades of U) I'd have no use for... I also wonder how shimmery they are. Not fair how we still have to wait at least one more week!
smiles.gif

Fianna

Quote from Temptalia:

Quote: I will review the face kits, lip bag sets, and a brush set today (10/25). I will review the eyeshadow and lip palettes tomorrow (10/26). I will review the color collection either tomorrow or the next day (10/26 or 10/27). I will review the miniaturized sets nearer to the launch date, as I haven't been able to buy them yet. I work as fast as I can, but the process takes time between photographing and cropping and reviewing. I appreciate your patience! I'm completely committed to school projects this week (midterms), so I'm doing everything as quickly as I can between those.

I'm so excited. Finally a lip swatch of Mellow Mood. I hope that will help me to decide.

annegal

More swatches here!

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2010/10/22/mac-tartan-tale-colour-collection-holiday-2010-swatches-review/

Alty

Alty, if Italy is a bit like Germany then they will have a lot of the sets. I swear the sets are the only things that do not sell out over night. Or at least used to *knockonwood*
Thanks! I knock on wood too

Alty

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-tartan-tale-vain-glorious-lip-bag yay! I love temptalia's swatches (although I always find lipsticks look way warmer on Christine than on me).

Yep, need to have the lip bag, that's for sure.

And how cute is it? It fits in one hand
eyelove.gif

GunpowderPixi

I think I'm only going to get the Cool eyes, Dashing lassies,and Viva Glam V bag set,not really feeling the rest,but I may change my mind again
smiles.gif

LMD84

well it's good to know the pattern goes all the way through! just doesnt make a difference to me because i'm still skipping the shadows!

hilaryrose

So I was all resolute in only getting the Cool eyeshadow kit.
Now I'm thinking I NEED both the pearlglides. I've never used a pearlglide before - Thoughts?

caramel_geek

I'm definitely getting the pink face palette. Still on the fence for the bronze face palette tho. Smooth Harmony looks like it might be an orange mess on me (NC20).
Erin, I know we have the similar skintone. How does Smooth Harmony look on you?

The bonus part is, I don't own any of the colors in both face palette.
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Erin or any of the other lovely ladies that saw the collection already...

Is the electro lush l/g in the pink lipgloss set the same electro lush that was released with Flashtronic? Temptalia wrote "Possibly repromote–description is different".

Thank you in advance. =)
yes.gif
its a RP.

Flaminbird

I've been away in the OBX since Wednesday so I've not caught up to all the pages yet but after seeing recent swatches I wont be getting anything from this collection till it hits the CCO's. I had planned on maybe getting Black Line P/G but since changed my mind I believe. Recently I've been wearing Designer Purple and Black Russian a lot and noticed that it just doesnt stay on my lower lash line for some reason. What happens is it seems to flake and migrate and leaves a mess under my eye and it's not even hot out! I can't even seem to get it to apply right now. It doesnt go on in a nice even line it's all bumpy and splotchy if that makes any sense
ssad.gif

erine1881

I'm definitely getting the pink face palette. Still on the fence for the bronze face palette tho. Smooth Harmony looks like it might be an orange mess on me (NC20). Erin, I know we have the similar skintone. How does Smooth Harmony look on you?

The bonus part is, I don't own any of the colors in both face palette.
greengrin.gif
you definately need to use a lighter hand with SH. i recommend using the 187. both blushes in that palette are awesome too. peachtwist is my favorite fall shimmer blush!

User38

most of the new technology products are not going to be using overlays like the gold in ML (overlays just sit on top of the product)... but they will be solid colour blocked all the way thru the product
hatsoff.gif